BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

BPM

02-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
pukicabuki
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: something with 4 wheels

Dealers willing to deal....

This question is more for the Washington guys.

Any of the BMW dealers actually willing to deal? The Oregon dealers, Portland especially, don't have any concept of negotiation. They act like they're doing you a favor taking $500 off MSRP.

My fiance and I are looking to lease an X5 for her, but I've given up on trying to deal with the local dealers. I'll go to SoCal if I need to, just to spite the goons around here. We seem to go through a car a year between the two of us. However, we've always avoided BMW simply because I can't deal with the local dealers.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Same exact experiences here. It's pretty damn annoying and not only will they not deal, they mark up money factors on leases. Beware that little asshat trick. Customer service is excellent at both Seattle and Bellevue but I think they're in cahoots together on not budging on price. You can get a decent price at BMW Salem but I hear they are a pretty bad dealership overall. I've heard good stuff about Jim Mannheimer down there if you're interested.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:35 AM   #3
Jch99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Yeah call bmw of salem and ask for Jim - he will be up front with you.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

OP if you would like a quote from us, just shoot checa an email with the specs your looking for and she will get you all set up. I am confident you will be happy with our prices email address is below in my signature.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X6MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X6MC  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3  [8.68]
Same in WA. When I bought my car, the salesman made it seem like it was doing me a "favor" by giving me a discount. It wasn't much of a discount. The excuse was other states can't move their cars while WA can so they can sell at MSPR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukicabuki View Post
This question is more for the Washington guys.

Any of the BMW dealers actually willing to deal? The Oregon dealers, Portland especially, don't have any concept of negotiation. They act like they're doing you a favor taking $500 off MSRP.

My fiance and I are looking to lease an X5 for her, but I've given up on trying to deal with the local dealers. I'll go to SoCal if I need to, just to spite the goons around here. We seem to go through a car a year between the two of us. However, we've always avoided BMW simply because I can't deal with the local dealers.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #6
urBan_dK
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Garage List
BMW Northwest in Fife is your best bet. They offered me well below MSRP (600 below invoice) on an X1 lease I was considering. I was working with Mark Rauschert, their internet manager.

Use bmwconfig.com to figure out what invoice is, and negotiate from there.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
pukicabuki
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: something with 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by urBan_dK View Post
BMW Northwest in Fife is your best bet. They offered me well below MSRP (600 below invoice) on an X1 lease I was considering. I was working with Mark Rauschert, their internet manager.

Thanks, I'll contact them.

I've been doing the bmwconfig thing. The Portland dealers scoffed at the BMW lease specials because they had to sell the car for like $1200 off MSRP for the deal. They pushed really hard to make me not interested in those deals. All I did was ask about them and I got that reaction.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:

dayum that's crazy. We got $500 off MSRP on our X1 lease, although it was on the lot and we needed to buy.
I'm going to Fife next time.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
urBan_dK
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
dayum that's crazy. We got $500 off MSRP on our X1 lease, although it was on the lot and we needed to buy.
I'm going to Fife next time.
It was a good deal. I've found internet managers are willing to cut through the crap and sell things on volume rather than fewer sales at a higher price. If you come at them and say you want to make a quick deal at price X (shoot for 500-1000 below invoice) they are usually willing to play. End of the month is good, end of the year is even better. Dealers are trying to make quotas. Some models will be easier to negotiate on than others.

We ended up with a new WRX instead of the X1, since the payments were pretty much the same but with the WRX we get to keep the car instead of giving it back.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
rennis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4

I loathe puget sound auto dealers. They behave as if there is unlimited demand and very limited supply for their cars.

I doubt I will ever buy a car from in this region again. CA/TX/FL is where it's at if you ask me.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #11
spotshooter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

With incentives I got my M3 for $500 under invoice from Bellevue. Use bmwconfig.com, then negotiate. Be firm but respectful. They need to move cars everyday.

Using internet managers is a good technique too.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
Fen335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / X5d / Z4 M Roadster

Mckenna BMW in Orange County leases and sells cars cheap...work with their internet dept. I got a 335i from them about 5 years ago dirt cheap. PNW dealers wouldn't touch it. I could have had it shipped to my front door for 5-600 bucks, but decided it would be much more fun to fly down there and drive it up the Cali coast back home. Was a terrific experience. Highly recommend it.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #13
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Use Internet Sales Managers
Know exactly what you want.

I got my 335 from Hahn X over invoice and my M3 from Bellevue X over invoice as well.

Alvin at BMW Bellevue is a very straight shooter. Once him and I agreed on the dealer profit, he just gave me the order sheet and I built my car. Overall, very good experience.

No one is going to get my business by doing me a favor of ordering a car $500 below MSRP.

GL and keep us posted. Just don't get ripped off
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 01:43 AM   #14
linuxd00d
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
I got my 335 from Hahn X over invoice and my M3 from Bellevue X over invoice as well.

Alvin at BMW Bellevue is a very straight shooter. Once him and I agreed on the dealer profit, he just gave me the order sheet and I built my car. Overall, very good experience.
I shopped around for my euro delivery, also on a X above invoice basis. I knew exactly what I wanted. The big CA dealer on this forum was $600 over invoice, Alvin in Bellevue was $1K over and Fife was $1500 over.

Fife was a bunch of idiots who never took me seriously because I showed up in shorts in my wife's dirty Forester.

I went with Bellevue over CA because I couldn't make the trip from LA in under $400 and planning that trip would be a PITA, with the unknowns of euro-redelivery.

My experience with Alvin was very much so-so. He made me drive to Bellevue twice to sign paperwork (which is a pain for me on a weekday), forgot our appointment once and wasn't honest about it, and made me fill out a ton of BS forms I didn't need because I wasn't financing the car. And he refused to give me the M floor mats which, according to this forum, most dealers provide for euro-dev cars that don't get them.

At the end of the day, I'll very seriously consider CA next time. But I wouldn't necessarily avoid Bellevue either if it's more convenient for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #15
R3dn3k Flyby
BigMacs
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [9.67]
OP, I'm in the auto sales industry locally for a Honda/Acura dealer. I've got a friend and 2 former coworkers at BMW Northwest in Fife. I've found their sales department to be the easiest to work with thus far. Seattle is my destination for service.

If you're not already in contact with a dealer, PM me and I'll give you my friend's contact info at Northwest.

2020 RDX A-Spec : Apex Blue Pearl / Red
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #16
206_m3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: YAS F80 M3

anyone have any luck with finding some e92s i'm trying to get my hands on a 6spd one and an 08
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #17
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxd00d View Post
I shopped around for my euro delivery, also on a X above invoice basis. I knew exactly what I wanted. The big CA dealer on this forum was $600 over invoice, Alvin in Bellevue was $1K over and Fife was $1500 over.

Fife was a bunch of idiots who never took me seriously because I showed up in shorts in my wife's dirty Forester.

I went with Bellevue over CA because I couldn't make the trip from LA in under $400 and planning that trip would be a PITA, with the unknowns of euro-redelivery.

My experience with Alvin was very much so-so. He made me drive to Bellevue twice to sign paperwork (which is a pain for me on a weekday), forgot our appointment once and wasn't honest about it, and made me fill out a ton of BS forms I didn't need because I wasn't financing the car. And he refused to give me the M floor mats which, according to this forum, most dealers provide for euro-dev cars that don't get them.

At the end of the day, I'll very seriously consider CA next time. But I wouldn't necessarily avoid Bellevue either if it's more convenient for me.
I guess we all have different experiences.

The only form I ever filled was my order form (I also did not need financing), I changed my color option once and delivery date once as well and Alvin fixed it all up for me. He also made sure that my car did not get dealer prepped once it got redelivered.

When I am paying a certain profit to a dealer, I do not expect them to give me free bies...... Euro cars do come with floormats and I did not need an additional M mats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dn3k Flyby View Post
OP, I'm in the auto sales industry locally for a Honda/Acura dealer. I've got a friend and 2 former coworkers at BMW Northwest in Fife. I've found their sales department to be the easiest to work with thus far. Seattle is my destination for service.

If you're not already in contact with a dealer, PM me and I'll give you my friend's contact info at Northwest.
I had two experiences with them. One of them they try to sell me their demo M3 for MSRP and the 2nd time they told me that they are not interested in doing a Euro delivery...... I fail to see how you find them easiest to work with......

May be if you walk in there and pay MSRP for their demo cars????
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #18
R3dn3k Flyby
BigMacs
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
I had two experiences with them. One of them they try to sell me their demo M3 for MSRP and the 2nd time they told me that they are not interested in doing a Euro delivery...... I fail to see how you find them easiest to work with......

May be if you walk in there and pay MSRP for their demo cars????
Perhaps it helps that I'm in the industry and knew one of the sales people before going in. As mentioned, at this point I know 3 people that work there.

In all reality, no matter what dealer you contact/go to, you've got a small chance of running into someone who can provide the service you're looking for. I routinely go out car shopping just to make sure I'm on top of my game.

So, if OP would like to go to BMW Northwest, I know of someone there that can take great care of them.

Sounds like you've got someone at Bellevue who can do a great job.

I can even give a shout out to Knight at Seattle as he did a solid job when I purchased my '08 M3 there.

2020 RDX A-Spec : Apex Blue Pearl / Red
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #19
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

that's strange because Alvin gave me a good deal and made the experience super easy for me.. (no extra forms or dealer add-on nonsense).. ofcourse he wasn't as good a deal as going through steve thomas bmw but driving down or shipping it back up would have costed about the same so I bought it from Alvin..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #20
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

If I have learned anything it is that there are good and bad stories for every dealership. It is all about making the right connection.....finding the right CA or sales manager for your needs. In my experience they will not move much on price unless they are convinced you have a better deal elsewhere.....even then some might not move. According to many forum members and at least one friend Jim M. in Salem is a get down to business type of sale with euro delivery. I bought from Kuni and had a great experience and price. I would like to think I could negotiate the same type of deal but am unsure. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #21
PetoM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bug Killa

Quote:

Mark at BMW NW is great , he worked hard to get my order in ASAP. I even got an update at 10pm on Friday. Highly recommend. I landed a good deal with him $1200 over invoice on ED.
      02-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #22
linuxd00d
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetoM3 View Post
Mark at BMW NW is great , he worked hard to get my order in ASAP. I even got an update at 10pm on Friday. Highly recommend. I landed a good deal with him $1200 over invoice on ED.
Sounds like things have changed compared to the $1500 over invoice and the not really knowing how ED works I experienced. Or you got lucky and found a good sales drone there. I would have probably taken the deal you got over the one I got from Bellevue.
Appreciate 0