BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

04-29-2024, 10:39 PM   #1
Northbay
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Fiberoptic lines and plugs in trunk

Hey there, I have what may be a remedial question.

I'm fighting to un-do an aftermarket stereo installation courtesy of a previous owner. As I've gotten into the guts of the trunk, I see a plug with a green wire and a flex/shielded black wire, which I'm assuming is the fiberoptic line for satellite radio. My car does NOT have the satellite radio module on the floor of the trunk, only the bluetooth module.

So, a quick question: My car has option code S693, which I guess is satellite radio "preparation." Does that mean that these plugs and lines are run, but that module should be missing? Is there a way to tell if it was ever there, and possibly removed? I'm just wondering if I need to deal with doing the MOST ring loop or if I can expect my sound to work when I put it back together.
Appreciate 0