BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

07-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #265
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I'm talking about the people who start talking down to them from "Hello. I'm Jessica. Can I start you off with something to drink?"... "Yeah, get me a water" is a rude reply.

The people I'm talking about are the ones who act like they are the king/queen and the server is an indentured subject.

If the wait staff is truly imcompetent, a poor tip is certainly in order. I'm not talking about those situations. It's specifically those who are being treated nicely by the staff but are rude in return.
Completely agree. Even if they are dumb as rocks and screw everything up, I am still polite and professional. I just leave them a poor tip.

I know my mother in law is brutal to sit with. She is nice about everything, but she is so damn picky. She'll order a steak medium, when she should really order it medium-well, and then complains when it's not "on the well done side of medium." Like WTF...? If her tea isn't sweet enough, she sends it back. The problem is that most places cut costs by not oversweetening their tea, and she likes hers with mostly sugar and less tea... I swear sometimes she is just trying to do it to get something for free. She has gotten her meal taken care of at quite a few places in the 3 years I have known her. Usually if I am with them, my wife and I pay for ours separately or we cover the whole meal, so I leave a very nice tip because I feel bad for the wait staff having to deal with her and her picky self, lol.
      07-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #266
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

I've been out with people who have ruined the experience by being ridiculously picky and complaining to the waitstaff the whole time. People that picky should just cook for themselves and eat alone.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #267
DemolitionJim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 MW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict1957 View Post
^ Jim, you can't be doing that bad if you're driving an M3
haha I knew that was coming.

It's not that I am doing bad, but I would like to go to work and be challenged to broaden my horizons in both conceptualizing ideas and designing (thus getting compensated more for it). Now I am just churning out the same old shit on a daily basis because no one wants anything new, which is another reason I am looking at other jobs.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 11:23 AM   #268
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I've been out with people who have ruined the experience by being ridiculously picky and complaining to the waitstaff the whole time. People that picky should just cook for themselves and eat alone.
Exactly.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #269
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I get it, not everyone took AP classes in HS. But it is mind boggling how so many people can not relate to mpgs, and as a result, start talking about miles to a tank.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #270
Jamesomania
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2014 BMW S1000RR  [0.00]
2007 BMW F800s  [0.00]
Pineapple on a pizza....
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #271
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesomania View Post
Pineapple on a pizza....
+1

Fruit has no business associating with a pizza.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #272
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

Seeing an assortment of different color jeans. Jeans were meant to be blue. Not green, not black, not white, not red, and certainly not yellow. Blue!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #273
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
Seeing an assortment of different color jeans. Jeans were meant to be blue. Not green, not black, not white, not red, and certainly not yellow. Blue!
It has to be a good blue though not that obama mom-jean crap
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #274
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
+1

Or beer. Hold the lime, por favor.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #275
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesomania View Post
Pineapple on a pizza....
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
+1

whaaaaat? Hmm mmm that's the best topping.
      07-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #276
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I have an issue that I like to call the "Pepperoni Pizza Phenomenon".

You and your friends or coworkers are going to order some pizza.

I always chime in to get at least one or two pepperoni pies. Without fail, someone always says "we should get at least one or two veggie pies" and everyone but me nods their heads saying "oh yes, great idea."

Fast forward an hour and I go to grab a third slice of pepperoni and there is nothing left but two empty pepperoni boxes, two empty plain boxes, and two entire veggie pies with one slice missing from each.

What really gets to me? Veggie pie suggesters. You always ruin pizza day.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #277
deadmn1337
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB 435i

Quote:

I always chime in to get at least one or two pepperoni pies. Without fail, someone always says "we should get at least one or two veggie pies" and everyone but me nods their heads saying "oh yes, great idea."

Fast forward an hour and I go to grab a third slice of pepperoni and there is nothing left but two empty pepperoni boxes, two empty plain boxes, and two entire veggie pies with one slice missing from each.

So true!! Every freaking time.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #278
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

The Veggie pie suggester ruins everything!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 04:18 PM   #279
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:

Amazing. This is totally true in hindsight.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #280
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Hamburger and onion. Better still, meat lovers pizza.

What I really miss is the oily extra cheese Greek pizzas we used to get in MA. Like chewing a jawbreaker. Awesome stuff.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #281
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Hamburger and onion. Better still, meat lovers pizza.

What I really miss is the oily extra cheese Greek pizzas we used to get in MA. Like chewing a jawbreaker. Awesome stuff.
I'll take a large ricotta, meatball and garlic pizza please.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #282
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Tech support\customer service ploys to get you to hang up and leave them alone. Verizon could teach master classes on this. Repeat the same few bars of some annoying song over and over interspersed with a voice telling you that all reps are busy and please stay on the line. Like you have any other friggin' choice if you need tech support. I usually reach my limit at about 20 minutes.

I also hate automated systems that talk to you like they're real. The local cable company even has one that will ping and reset your cable modem (whether you like it or not). Pressing 0 repeatedly will sometimes get you connected to someone in Central America who *might* be slightly more useful than the automated voice.

The best tech support I've ever dealt with is GoDaddy's. Rarely do you stay on hold more than 5 minutes and most of the time it's much less. You always get an American who knows his/her job and can address your problem immediately.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #283
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Tech support\customer service ploys to get you to hang up and leave them alone. Verizon could teach master classes on this. Repeat the same few bars of some annoying song over and over interspersed with a voice telling you that all reps are busy and please stay on the line. Like you have any other friggin' choice if you need tech support. I usually reach my limit at about 20 minutes.

I also hate automated systems that talk to you like they're real. The local cable company even has one that will ping and reset your cable modem (whether you like it or not). Pressing 0 repeatedly will sometimes get you connected to someone in Central America who *might* be slightly more useful than the automated voice.

The best tech support I've ever dealt with is GoDaddy's. Rarely do you stay on hold more than 5 minutes and most of the time it's much less. You always get an American who knows his/her job and can address your problem immediately.
This! I love that about Godaddy.

Dealing with Dell right now to have them replace a monitor under warranty. Nothing more frustrating than having to deal with freaking mumbai who simply repeats the company line over and over and over again. They have sent me TWO replacements, each one in worse shape than the previous and each one a lot worse than my current monitor.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #284
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

Quote:

http://gethuman.com/
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #285
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
This! I love that about Godaddy.

Dealing with Dell right now to have them replace a monitor under warranty. Nothing more frustrating than having to deal with freaking mumbai who simply repeats the company line over and over and over again. They have sent me TWO replacements, each one in worse shape than the previous and each one a lot worse than my current monitor.
The places that have great cust service are rare today...I hate to advertise for people but B&H and newegg are two.

B&H is like Costco--price drops on something you bought? They simply credit your CC, no questions asked.

with newegg I got a 24" IPS monitor, dead pixels upon turning it on for the first time. NO QUESTIONS ASKED returned at their cost and credited. This encourages repeat business.....

hope Dell is not giving you refurbs
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #286
Jamesomania
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2014 BMW S1000RR  [0.00]
2007 BMW F800s  [0.00]
Quote:

haha--So true... "Veggie suggesters"
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread