BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

10-23-2021, 07:48 PM   #1
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

Euro front bumper

Hey y'all, I searched before posting this so please don't stab me if I may have overlooked it but my new bumper is coming in the next week and was curious if I HAVE to take off the front wheels to get the old bumper off and install the new one.

Also, I opted for no headlight washer cut outs for my bumper, as long as I take off the sprayer will the bumper fit nicely or will that plastic piece holding the sprayer get in the way?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 08:18 PM   #2
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post
Hey y'all, I searched before posting this so please don't stab me if I may have overlooked it but my new bumper is coming in the next week and was curious if I HAVE to take off the front wheels to get the old bumper off and install the new one.

Also, I opted for no headlight washer cut outs for my bumper, as long as I take off the sprayer will the bumper fit nicely or will that plastic piece holding the sprayer get in the way?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Probably could finagle it, but just make your life easy and take them off. The front half of the liner has to be removed.
      10-23-2021, 08:39 PM   #3
dmz_m3
///M Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP

You can definitely take off the bumper without removing the wheels (I've done it before) but as DRLane said, it's easier with the wheels off. Taking off the wheel liners is a bit of a pain with the wheels on but it's doable.
Appreciate 1
Siajoon1859.50
      10-23-2021, 08:46 PM   #4
Bimmer Barney
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90M ZCP

You have to lift the front end to get to all the bumper screws so may as well take the wheels off. And you're going to the trouble of putting on a new bumper so I'd just set yourself up for success.

And post pics!
      10-23-2021, 09:27 PM   #5
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Barney View Post
You have to lift the front end to get to all the bumper screws so may as well take the wheels off. And you're going to the trouble of putting on a new bumper so I'd just set yourself up for success.

And post pics!
Oh you bet I'll post some pics! I've been wanting to do the euro bumper for a very long time I'm super excited!!!
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2021, 08:55 AM   #6
tbuck
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2016 F23 M235i

Mine has had the headlight washer holes shaved off by the PO and it fits fine with the sprayers removed from the mounts and you can either remove all the plumbing or just tuck it out of the way. I have never confirmed it but I am thinking you need to code out the washer/unplug the pump/pull the fuse or it will still spray behind the bumper.
      10-24-2021, 09:47 AM   #7
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuck View Post
Mine has had the headlight washer holes shaved off by the PO and it fits fine with the sprayers removed from the mounts and you can either remove all the plumbing or just tuck it out of the way. I have never confirmed it but I am thinking you need to code out the washer/unplug the pump/pull the fuse or it will still spray behind the bumper.
Thanks for this. Good to know I won't have to shave down the actual holder that holds the sprayer in place. And I'm not sure what I will do with the plumbing.. if it's to much of a hassle to track the source and plug, it maybe I will just tuck it under the bumper and have it coded out later. I rarely use windshield sprayers so chances of me using it and it spraying behind the bumper are very slim. Having sad that eventually I'll want to disable it 100% though.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 10:10 AM   #8
tbuck
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2016 F23 M235i

Anytime you wash your windshield and your lights are on it sprays the headlights as well. That may or may not be an issue for you (I never use the washer at all, car doesn't see rain) but that is when it will activate.
      10-24-2021, 01:08 PM   #9
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuck View Post
Anytime you wash your windshield and your lights are on it sprays the headlights as well. That may or may not be an issue for you (I never use the washer at all, car doesn't see rain) but that is when it will activate.
Yeah I read that awhile ago. I never use the sprayers for my windshield. In fact I am so ocd I think I'd rather not see out of my front windshield than use the sprayers and get my car wet
Appreciate 2
tbuck1185.50
Davey2767.50
      10-24-2021, 06:00 PM   #10
WagonR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

When I did mine, I removed all of the pluming and put a plug on where it connects into the headlight washer tank. I used either the largest, or second largest cap form this kit:

https://www.autozone.com/ignition-tu...ent/720714_0_0

I took the wheels/fenders off to install the bumper just so that I could make my life easy as possible. With that already done, doing the hosing for the headlight washers wasn't hard. Just one note, when you unplug form the tank, it will drain, so work quickly...

Edit: I also coded out the headlamp washers. Seemed like it wouldn't be ideal to not do that whether the stuff was still under there or plugged.
2008 E90 M3 6MT

Last edited by WagonR; 10-24-2021 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 08:45 PM   #11
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonR View Post
When I did mine, I removed all of the pluming and put a plug on where it connects into the headlight washer tank. I used either the largest, or second largest cap form this kit:

https://www.autozone.com/ignition-tu...ent/720714_0_0

I took the wheels/fenders off to install the bumper just so that I could make my life easy as possible. With that already done, doing the hosing for the headlight washers wasn't hard. Just one note, when you unplug form the tank, it will drain, so work quickly...

Edit: I also coded out the headlamp washers. Seemed like it wouldn't be ideal to not do that whether the stuff was still under there or plugged.
Thank you for this. Will refer to this once I tackle this project on my own!

Edit: quick question.. does the headlight washer and windshield washer share the same tank? Or are they separate?

Also, is it hard to get to the tank if I want to remove all the plumbing?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 09:25 PM   #12
WagonR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Thank you for this. Will refer to this once I tackle this project on my own!

Edit: quick question.. does the headlight washer and windshield washer share the same tank? Or are they separate?

Also, is it hard to get to the tank if I want to remove all the plumbing?
It's the same tank, which is basically at the base of the passenger fender. If you pull the fender liner, then you'll have all the access you need. At some point when it gets close to the front fender or bumper (sorry, working off memory) it T's for the two lamps. You could cut it there and then use a hose plug to terminate it, with something like this: https://www.wholesalebeerparts.com/d...rbed-hose-plug

But I don't know the exact size. So I'm not saying that part, just that something like that would allow you to cut the hose, and terminate it wherever was convenient.

Sorry man, I really wish I had the stuff I removed handy, because then I could just measure it and give you an exact answer...
2008 E90 M3 6MT
Appreciate 1
Siajoon1859.50
      07-26-2022, 05:41 PM   #13
jsport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 AW

Just about to do this as my uncle accidentally drove into my garage with the garage door closed. So thought, good time as any to do this.

Not sure if anyone knows, but will the euro bumper fit if I just left the sprayers in place? Or do I need to remove them? Getting the Aeuroplug version as they have markings on the back if I ever decide I want to put them back on.

Also, good to know that I'm not the only one who has OCD and doesn't like to use the front sprayers. Only time I've given in is if I really can't see out the windshield and I know I'll wash the car soon. My friend use to tease me about this. LOL
      07-26-2022, 06:09 PM   #14
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsport View Post
Just about to do this as my uncle accidentally drove into my garage with the garage door closed. So thought, good time as any to do this.

Not sure if anyone knows, but will the euro bumper fit if I just left the sprayers in place? Or do I need to remove them? Getting the Aeuroplug version as they have markings on the back if I ever decide I want to put them back on.

Also, good to know that I'm not the only one who has OCD and doesn't like to use the front sprayers. Only time I've given in is if I really can't see out the windshield and I know I'll wash the car soon. My friend use to tease me about this. LOL
You don't have to remove them i just popped them out of place and pushed them down, for bumper fit right over and they are there if I ever decided to cut the cutouts for them which I'll never do. Those headlight washers don't get anything done but wet the entire front end of your car..
Appreciate 1
jsport12.50
      09-24-2022, 11:06 AM   #15
jsport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 AW

Quote:
You don't have to remove them i just popped them out of place and pushed them down, for bumper fit right over and they are there if I ever decided to cut the cutouts for them which I'll never do. Those headlight washers don't get anything done but wet the entire front end of your car..
Thanks! The body shop agreed that it should fit under the bumper and they didn't say anything after so sounds like that's what they did. I rarely use my sprayers at night so never had that issue but that would annoy the hell out of me.