BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

01-31-2015, 06:13 PM   #1
IzzyGray
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Buyers beware : Avex8

Hello all. I wanted to post my experience buying from the user avex8 on this forum(real name Jake Brown).

I purchased an ESS 650 kit from him in early December. Made a deposit of $2000 a week before paying off the remainder of $4800(I gave $300 more than total asking price to cover shipping) via PayPal.

Note: I used the gift function as I wrongly assumed that the brethren of m3post would not screw each other over. I know I know, that's the risk I take. However the "contract" between a buyer and seller is typically as follows: The buyer sends the mutually agreed upon funds to the seller. The method of sending the funds don't matter, as long as it arrives to the seller. Frankly I could send it via a mule and cash but that would be a risk I would take. In return, the seller assures that the buyer receives the as advertised goods.

Anyways, the box arrived to the shop that was to install the kit, completely damaged. It had arrived Christmas Eve and I was not able to see it till I returned to town after Christmas(26th). I informed Jake of the damage and he proceeds to tell me that he did not insure the package. He said that I did not explicitly ask for insurance during shipping and it's between me and UPS. I disagreed and offered a resolution: A new manifold and intercooler(both badly damaged) and the missing odds and ends(one injector and the oil were missing as well). Total was around 1300-1400 that I had asked. He declines and counters at 500. I rejected it and he recommended we filed a claim with UPS to see if they would cover some damages. I filed the claim on Jan 3rd and nothing has come of it(UPS won't update the receiver, only the shipper) and Jake has gone radio silent. I went ahead and contacted my bank to perform a chargeback and filed a internet crime charge via ic3.gov.

I've been more than reasonable trying to resolve it with the seller but it's reached the point of absurdity. I'm sure if the sale went well, he is an excellent seller but the true nature of a person is when the crap hits the fan. I believe I have a solid case and if I have to keep pushing it to small claims, I will(even if I have to travel to CA to do it). This post is to warn people that although most of the forum is filled with good people, some are just dirtbags.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Even if UPS pays up they'll only cover $100 if he didn't buy insurance.

If he's willing to pay $500 why wouldn't he have paid for insurance? It's like $35 per thousand.

If it was tied to a credit card, I'd just call my credit card company. Eff this guy, eff paypal. You only have 60 days So I would do this as quickly as possible.
Appreciate 0