BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

11-02-2023, 12:52 PM   #1
E92Bean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP

Exhaust setup guidance

Hey all, I picked up my e92 m3 comp this week and want a bit more noise. My main plan for the car is to have a carbon plenum, and a balanced exhaust that won’t overpower it. My last car was a ‘15 mustang GT with a full corsa system and long tube headers, so I’m kinda tired of loud exhausts lol.

I’d like to keep my cats, more rasp over a deep exhaust, and no drone. Are there any x-pipe systems that sound decent with stock mufflers? Or a axleback that solves all my problems?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 01:49 PM   #2
MineralWhiteF80
Dont listen to me
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82, E92 M3, G30 M550i, E46

I highly recommend the Corsa axleback exhaust for the e92. It isn't super loud but still sounds amazing, has zero drone or rasp, gives the V8 engine sound down low but a more exotic tone up top. Paired with test pipes gives you awesome race car sounds, like the good kind of rasp and much more volume.

I have test pipes in the factory x-pipe with stock 2nd cats/resonators, and the corsa exhaust and I LOVE the way it sounds.

youtube.com/@thatwhitem4 for a couple videos of my e92 in there. The autocross one lets you hear the exhaust pretty well in some areas.

Most exhaust systems for the e9x m3s are either loud of they have quite a bit of drone to them. Corsa and the Dinan muffler seem to be the best ones to cancel out all the 'garbage' tones that come with aftermarket options.
      11-03-2023, 01:03 PM   #3
Ervin87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | B5 S4 | E30

I have the Corsa now and really enjoy it. I had Dinan as well and that was great too. Dinan was a bit quieter, but also 100% drone free. Corsa is 85% drone free, but well worth it because the tone is perfect.

Be aware, Corsa + X-pipe will be loud.

If you want no drone, I would go with these :

Corsa
Dinan
OEM M Performace (quietest out of the bunch)
Appreciate 0