BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

01-28-2020, 01:56 PM   #1
KingCapo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 91 civic 95 civic 91 325 mtech

e92 buyers help

Hello m3post. Let me start by saying I am new here and this is my first post so be gentle lol. This tax season i am going to be in the market to finally purchase my dream car (e92 comp). I am seeing a lot of them going for between 20-30k for decent ones and good/mint ones going for 40-60k. More or less i am trying to justify paying the extra. Let me start by saying this will be my first m3 but i am not new to cars at all. Even though i am younger i have over 12 years of mechanical experience. I say that because for the most part i know what im buying. Yes its going to be trash on gas (especially compared to my civic) i know. Yes maintenance can get expensive i know. But due to most of the mechanical work being done myself outside of the rod bearings (simply because Im lazy lol) is it really worth it paying extra for a low mileage e9x? Any input for a new M3 buyer would be greatly appreciated. thank you guys in advance.

The car will be my daily but i will use that term losely. It will only be my daily driver when i am not driving my Mtech e30 or racing my civics. During the summers i bike to work so it will only be driven on 80+ days and even when it is its going 4 miles down the road. So if i had to guess it would probably be driven less than 8k a year leaving room for meets and recreational driving. Also this means this car wont be a stranger to snow from time to time but i have already made plans to have it completely undercoated. I have been leading more towards a higher mileage car with bearings and actuators done and obviously all other required maintenance. or should i keep saving my pennies and buy low mileage? Im scared that if i wait the prices will start to go up and a mint one may go back up near MSRP.

Also 6mt vs DCT?? I am thinking of getting a DCT since all of my other cars are manual but im scared i will regret it lol

Last edited by KingCapo; 01-28-2020 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0