BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

06-17-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
MWMM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328iF30

3rd Party Warranty Advice

I was wondering which were the best warranties you could get for an E92 M3? Is there any warranty that covers EVERYTHING besides maintenance, in terms of repairs? Rod Bearings, Evap, etc. all the expensive shit? I don't wanna buy a warranty and then all of a sudden they tell me they can't cover the cost of something, cause then what's the point of a warranty. Also a few Q's

1. Will any warranty out there replace the engine if it falls to rod bearing issues
2. How reliable has your M3 been so far and whats the mileage on it
3. What are all the costs of the major repairs that I would encounter
4. Is it reliable past 100k+ still
5. Is buying one at 60k miles a good choice
6. Which years the best for what reasons
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 06:23 PM   #2
L1FHR
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3

1. I bought Ally warranty which covers the car bumper to bumper, including all electric, rod bearings etc. (basically everything in my M3 is covered). It was 5/60K miles

2. I either buy a brand new car or never buy a car more than 20K miles, anything over 20k miles i don't even look at them. I also don't buy car that have been a rental, commercial use or have any "damage" on their carfax. I also only buy car from big dealership (BMW, Toyota, Honda, Chevy) never buy a car from mom and pops.
Specifically on my M3, so far it's been amazing. No complaints, I bought mine when the car was only 13K miles so basically I got a new car without a new car MSRP.
My car is currently at 26K miles, have MSSP4, still bone stocked and I have use my warranty to fix the Bushing Rods, it crack little beacause of the age of the car and the warranty covered it, including the balancing and alignment. (I use Performance Technic, which is a super reliable shop).

3.Google it or look it up at other tread. There's a break down somewhere.

4. It should be unless you do crazy things to the car or drive it like an idiot, the car alone is very fast and fun to drive but if you don't know how to take care of the car, then it won't last. Also, make sure to warm up your car properly, do the maintenance before it becomes a bigger problems.

5. As i stated above i don't buy car that have more than 20K miles let alone 60K. You get what you pay for so I rather save up the money and wait for the right car or if I can't afford to pay for an M3 or any other expensive car out there, then why purchase one. Get a honda or toyota for now and save up for the right car. I waited more than 5 years to get the right M3 that fit to what i want with my dream car. Patience is key.

6. For me here's the specs that i was looking for and found it.
2013 (the last production so most likely will have the lease amount of miles)
LCI (so have the latest update on anything related to the car)
DCT (i can do both manual and auto depend what i feel like driving that day)
CF roof (there's no point of buying a performance car with moonroof, the car meant to not have a moonroof)
Cloth seats (less electronic, less problems down the road and it cut weight because of less electrical stuff)
Most important of all "STOCKED" car no mods and "mint" interior.

Hope my comments can help you decide, at the end of the day i can only advice you.
3 things that my M3 must have before i made the purchase: low milage, CF roof, Stocked. I got all 3 and some more.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 08:13 PM   #3
AceBeezy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW e92 M3

1. Will any warranty out there replace the engine if it falls to rod bearing issues
???

2. How reliable has your M3 been so far and whats the mileage on it
For the last 13 months I've had all sorts of leaks, replaced engine mounts and bushings, and rod bearings replaced under warranty. Water pump and tensioner/belts/idler pulley were not covered. Bought it at ~103k miles

3. What are all the costs of the major repairs that I would encounter
I only know the costs of repairs at the dealer rate since I've only taken it to them in these cases for obvious reasons:

Oil pan gasket- $1776
Front sway bar bushings- $313
Engine mounts- $1475
Valve cover gaskets- $1442
OFHG- $1026
Rod bearings/bolts- $5219
Transmission leak- $2686
Rear differential leak- $968
Water pump- $1202
Tensioner/belts/idler pulley- $871

4. Is it reliable past 100k+ still
Mine sure as hell hasn't been!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 11:55 PM   #4
chief
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.51]
Cross post to the other warranty thread.

Assurant Warranty Experience and info
Appreciate 0