BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

04-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #45
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

BUMP. Registration closes on April 30th! If you're on the fence, jump on it NOW! Use discount code "BuRP" at the payment screen to receive an additional $10 off!
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #46
The HACK
Rep

Last bump. Online registration closes today.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #47
radsmd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG/FR ZCP

How did it go? Didn't make it to this one, but hope you had a good time.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 01:06 AM   #48
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by radsmd View Post
How did it go? Didn't make it to this one, but hope you had a good time.
Missed you dude.
Lots of E9x M3's but no one checks in here.
We had a great day. Very well run with the only hickup during lunch when they only gave us 1/2 a wrap and a brownie. We were one of the first, but were able to get a bag of chips and a second half later.

GREAT JOB Hack!!
Lots of large diagrams of the track and the turns were numbered on our map on the badge- nice touch.

So when's Spring Mountain???

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #49
The HACK
Rep

Let me get a couple of day's rest and I'll start working out the logistics and do a feasibility study.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #50
chili cheese
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Let me get a couple of day's rest and I'll start working out the logistics and do a feasibility study.
Spring Mountain Please!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #51
IrishCoffee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Fun day at AAA. Next time that chicane on the infield straight has to go! Everything ran smooth other than my runoff on turn 16...

I'm in for Spring Mountain
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 12:54 AM   #52
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

What about your two wide through 1 and 2, "NASCAR style?"
But what are you suppose to do when you come up on someone going so slow in the middle of the NASCAR turns... and you're instructor tells you to pass him??

How was SpeedVentures Sat for you guys?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 01:24 AM   #53
IrishCoffee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Saturday was great! Oddly enough the same thing happened again between 1 and 2 on Saturday. I'm going 120 in the oval and some guy is down low pointing me and a Porsche that I'm following by and he's slowing down. Both of us hesitated and then just went. Too dangerous to hit the brakes at that point. No black flags though...

So when is the next event? Damn this is an expensive addiction.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #54
chili cheese
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
What about your two wide through 1 and 2, "NASCAR style?"
But what are you suppose to do when you come up on someone going so slow in the middle of the NASCAR turns... and you're instructor tells you to pass him??

How was SpeedVentures Sat for you guys?
Saturday was great as well. It's a nice departure from the CCA events.

I can't decide what was more "exciting" on Saturday:
1. Riding passenger in my brother's car with a guy less than a car length off his bumper on a "cool down" lap going 110 in the breaking zone into turn three OR
2. Me winding up door to door (a car width apart, my wife in the passenger seat) with a 600 hp Supra Race Car at 145 going into turn 1 because the guy came up really fast to pass on my right in the straight and then had a mis-shift/transmission issue.

Both had me reaching for a clean pair of boxer shorts when we came into the pits.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #55
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

^145 at turn 1 in M3 (non-S/C'd and no wings) sounds about right.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #56
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili cheese View Post
Saturday was great as well. It's a nice departure from the CCA events.

I can't decide what was more "exciting" on Saturday:
1. Riding passenger in my brother's car with a guy less than a car length off his bumper on a "cool down" lap going 110 in the breaking zone into turn three OR
2. Me winding up door to door (a car width apart, my wife in the passenger seat) with a 600 hp Supra Race Car at 145 going into turn 1 because the guy came up really fast to pass on my right in the straight and then had a mis-shift/transmission issue.

Both had me reaching for a clean pair of boxer shorts when we came into the pits.
Why the hell are you out there with a Supra race car that has aero??? Wife must have been THRILLED with that!!!!

And after that instructor saying Aberlien won't go into NASCAR 1 faster than 140mph in a street car, I dialed it back a big. Then throw in my power steering going out in the middle of that turn on my last car, and I'm just trying to get through that section of the track.

Not sure about that SpeedVentures after these stories!!!

Appreciate 0