E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Where to get exhaust in Houston

06-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #1
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

Where to get exhaust in Houston

Hello again, it has been about 3 weeks since my last post. I just got back from a business trip in Belgium and France, so I have alot of catching up to do on the forum, lol.

Anyways, I know I want to get Borla exhaust on my car in a few months. I don't know if most/some people put it on themselves, but I do not have the tools or expertise to do that. So, 2 questions. 1) Where should I go to get it installed? Would the dealership do it, or does someone in Houston have a recommendation of a place that does great quality work. I dont want to go somewhere that will do a crappy job putting it on (made that mistake with my previous car). And 2) will I need to order the exhaust, or will the place I get it done do the ordering?

Thanks,
Mike
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makushr1 View Post
Hello again, it has been about 3 weeks since my last post. I just got back from a business trip in Belgium and France, so I have alot of catching up to do on the forum, lol.

Anyways, I know I want to get Borla exhaust on my car in a few months. I don't know if most/some people put it on themselves, but I do not have the tools or expertise to do that. So, 2 questions. 1) Where should I go to get it installed? Would the dealership do it, or does someone in Houston have a recommendation of a place that does great quality work. I dont want to go somewhere that will do a crappy job putting it on (made that mistake with my previous car). And 2) will I need to order the exhaust, or will the place I get it done do the ordering?

Thanks,
Mike

If you get a pure bolt on one, like AE, I can install it for you....
      06-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
akack79
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

Borla has the option of either full bolt-on (ie 2nd cats are deleted) OR leaving the 2nd cats in place thus needing to cut your stock exhaust.

I have the Borla and have tried both. First, went with the full bolt on so I could keep the stock exhaust intact, but that thing droned pretty bad and it gave me a headache. I have talked to several other people that have Borla that had the full bolt on but they all had manual and reported minimal drone. I have an auto, looks like you do too, just be aware it will drone.

So, I had my 2nd cats placed back on and now love the exhaust note.....drone is minimal now and it's a nice deep note now.

I would look at either the AE exhaust cause that thing sounds amazing from the sound clips or try the Borla w/o 2nd cats deleted. GL.

FWIW, I highly doubt the dealership will install a bolt on exhuast for you since removing the 2nd cats is technically illegal.
      06-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

I found a clip on youtube of the Borla Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust, and i loved the sound. i heard the AE one as well, but i still liked the borla better. i didnt realize before i made the thread, but there is a link for 'find your dealer' on the borla site, so i guess i will use one of the 2 places it lists. Anyone ever used Motorsport Tech or Modern Performance Racing?
Appreciate 0