BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

03-24-2022, 12:41 AM   #1
KubieSnacks
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3

Angry Tiny coolant leak 09 e93 m3 plz help

Hey recently got a 09 e93 m3. I have developed a coolant leak that’s only a couple drops that happens only overnight. I do no leak coolant while car is on or driving just after I park in my garage for the night. Anyways I see some dried up coolant right next to my oil filter housing. Any ideas what it is? Coolant overflow line? Temp sensor o ring? Pictures will be attached.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 05:50 PM   #2
drrust
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT Sedan

Check your water pump, if you take a flashlight you maybe able to see the area below the pump. There's a small weep hole there. When I had a leak I was able to see a small amount there. Also look at the thin lines coming from the expansion tank.

I recently had a leak at the back of the thermostat housing, but that was dripping into the vee. For a while I could only smell the leak.
Appreciate 0