BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #45
mikemulkern96
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussski View Post
There’s tons of convertible M3 on the market for a great deals....why are you soo stuck on those 3?

Also option #3 is wayyy too expensive for a E93
I live on the furthest tip of the east coast. The local and close range car scene is a nightmare. Theres not much excess money around these parts...compared to many areas where these cars reside.

I've found that compared to states with large cities or wealth such as Florida and California, which both reside out of my travelling range, car prices in my region are grossly inflated.

Please do point me in the direction of anything that appears to be a better deal.

Last edited by mikemulkern96; 07-13-2018 at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #46
NeverL8
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulkern96 View Post
I live on the furthest tip of the east coast. The local and close range car scene is a nightmare. Theres not much excess money around these parts...compared to many areas where these cars reside.

I've found that compared to states with large cities or wealth such as Florida and California, which both reside out of my travelling range, car prices in my region are grossly inflated.

Please do point me in the direction of anything that appears to be a better deal.
Search: Autotrader, Cargurus, cars.com, Craigslist and Carmax (you can pay a little bit and they can ship a car to their store near you)

There’s plenty of options out there, just take your time and be patient.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 02:24 AM   #47
pcohen15
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5, Singapore Gray

Quote:

Read through this forum enough and you'll find many stories of folks travelling great distances for the right M3. And you may be surprised at how inexpensive it is (relatively) to ship a car. As noted by Ngilbe36, find somebody in the forum who's near the car you want, and you can do a Facetime or Skype walkaround. You could even arrange for a local PPI at your source. I'm in AZ, lucky to be surrounded by several very large BMW dealers - four within 90 minutes at most. so there's a decent supply, unless you want an uncommon color. If you find an AZ car, you can bet it's never seen more than 6 inches of rain a year, no potholes, no salt on the roads ... you see where this is going. Just be open-minded to all possibilities of finding the perfect car for you.
      07-14-2018, 07:10 AM   #48
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcohen15 View Post
Quote:

Read through this forum enough and you'll find many stories of folks travelling great distances for the right M3. And you may be surprised at how inexpensive it is (relatively) to ship a car. As noted by Ngilbe36, find somebody in the forum who's near the car you want, and you can do a Facetime or Skype walkaround. You could even arrange for a local PPI at your source. I'm in AZ, lucky to be surrounded by several very large BMW dealers - four within 90 minutes at most. so there's a decent supply, unless you want an uncommon color. If you find an AZ car, you can bet it's never seen more than 6 inches of rain a year, no potholes, no salt on the roads ... you see where this is going. Just be open-minded to all possibilities of finding the perfect car for you.
I have a very good shipper that several members have used. Take the advice above and ask for help/a member to let you know if a car is worth moving forward on a PPI. If it passes both of those tests then move forward and ship it.
Appreciate 0