Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92M3 and Z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
I am a new guy in this forum.
I have a M3 E92 in Canada.
My M3's I-Drive cannot display Chinese Song.
Will HK's M3's I-Drive display Chinese Characters?
yes it can display chinese characters, and welcome!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 08:25 AM   #134
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I think most HKG BMW has chinese interface as well, so it has all the unicodes to support chinese characters...

My Gps shows perfect Chinese characters map, so i think that pretty much explains it.

Quote:
I am a new guy in this forum.
I have a M3 E92 in Canada.
My M3's I-Drive cannot display Chinese Song.
Will HK's M3's I-Drive display Chinese Characters?

LET ME SHIFT *CLICK CLICK*
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #135
Fanta
C
Canada
Rep
Drives: 740iL, M3, Carrera

M3 display chinese characters

Many E92 M3 owners in North America request for unicodes I-Drive to support chinese characters. BMW Canada said that M3 doesn't support unicode; only support English, French, Spanish. For those who have any mp3 device with Chinese songs, it will display garbage. Does anyone know the Navigation speak in Cantonese?
Is it possible that anyone can provide us a photo with I-Drive display in Chinese as a proof, we can request BMW Canada for memory flash upgrade. We don't mind to pay BMW Canada for flashing. Well I don't mind to flash my M3 in HK version.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #136
Fanta
C
Canada
Rep

Interior Trim

Anyone know what are difference between Vorsteiner and BMW performance Carbon Fibre Interior Trim?

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #137
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Many E92 M3 owners in North America request for unicodes I-Drive to support chinese characters. BMW Canada said that M3 doesn't support unicode; only support English, French, Spanish. For those who have any mp3 device with Chinese songs, it will display garbage. Does anyone know the Navigation speak in Cantonese?
Is it possible that anyone can provide us a photo with I-Drive display in Chinese as a proof, we can request BMW Canada for memory flash upgrade. We don't mind to pay BMW Canada for flashing. Well I don't mind to flash my M3 in HK version.
yes, the Navigation also speak in cantonese, i will try to post the photo within these few days for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #138
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Seriously they are no major difference, only Vorsteiner set is mainly for M3 that has the center piece that goes around the shifter with three button switch cut out...

The original BMW is mainly for e92 including center pieces that's not for M3...so you can still buy them...but you have to skip the center piece..i think it will be a nightmare if you're planning to cute the hole out for the switches..

Quote:
Anyone know what are difference between Vorsteiner and BMW performance Carbon Fibre Interior Trim?

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #139
Fanta
C
Canada
Rep

Unicode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinlun View Post
yes, the Navigation also speak in cantonese, i will try to post the photo within these few days for you.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #140
Fanta
C
Canada
Rep

Interior Trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankit View Post
Seriously they are no major difference, only Vorsteiner set is mainly for M3 that has the center piece that goes around the shifter with three button switch cut out...

The original BMW is mainly for e92 including center pieces that's not for M3...so you can still buy them...but you have to skip the center piece..i think it will be a nightmare if you're planning to cute the hole out for the switches..
How is the quality of Vorsteiner's carbon fibre interior trim?
Can Vorsteiner cf interior trim compare with BMW performance quality?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #141
Fanta
C
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I really hope that I can see your I-Drive's photos.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #142
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I really hope that I can see your I-Drive's photos.
yes sorry, i will get my car back by TMR, so hopefully i can post the photo tmr~~~
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 12:23 AM   #143
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Alvinlun...what happen to your car? is it going service or installing new stuff??

I got my car down to install 3d rep lip, and VRS Type II diffuser...

I still haven't figure out the stupid wheel installation yet...sighhh

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #144
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankit View Post
Alvinlun...what happen to your car? is it going service or installing new stuff??

I got my car down to install 3d rep lip, and VRS Type II diffuser...

I still haven't figure out the stupid wheel installation yet...sighhh
na.....just took my for the wheel changes again, as the spacer isn't 100% tight fit. sighh.....

So where did you order your 3d rep lip and the diffuser? i am very interested about it....oh yes...how much is it...if you dun mind telling me. on the other hand i might ask Top max to make me the replica, as it is lot cheaper.

Also i how much did you bought the Performance wheel, i checked with BMW they said 15500 include installment for manual only. i wounder if it would be cheaper if i order oversea and let them install for me.

for the future Mod list will be:

Pully, Sport Cat, X-pipe, and ECU (for this one, i am still searching any available in HK).
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #145
cclboss
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E90 Alpine White

Anyone know if there is a distributor for Vorsteiner Exhaust for the E90 M3 here in HK? I installed the AA Exhaust but don't really like the low bass sound and prefer something higher pitch. Does anyone have other types of exhaust installed on the E9x M3 care to share their experience? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #146
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Oh..What wheels are you running now??

Well, I got it real cheaper when the before euro went up...I got mine for 1000 USD shipped next day to US address and hand carry back...

3D rep lips...i got it around 8xx USD shipped to Hong Kong...i try to get it from taiwan..but they cost about the same and the seller (JL Motoring) is pretty realiable..so I went from there...

If you going to copy it, you really need to have someone with a real lip to do so...which I don't think anyone here has the real thing in Hong Kong as I know off....plus I think TOP MAX use 2 x 2 CF right? (I rarely see people use 1 x 1 here in HKG) Coz my rep is 1 x 1 CF..

Plans are going to be Ericsson Trunk, Xenon interior's (Jlevis isn't working too good for me, I'm might be selling them out)

Quote:
na.....just took my for the wheel changes again, as the spacer isn't 100% tight fit. sighh.....

So where did you order your 3d rep lip and the diffuser? i am very interested about it....oh yes...how much is it...if you dun mind telling me. on the other hand i might ask Top max to make me the replica, as it is lot cheaper.

Also i how much did you bought the Performance wheel, i checked with BMW they said 15500 include installment for manual only. i wounder if it would be cheaper if i order oversea and let them install for me.

for the future Mod list will be:

Pully, Sport Cat, X-pipe, and ECU (for this one, i am still searching any available in HK).

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #147
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Nobody in HK carries VRS....you really should check out seller's here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclboss View Post
Anyone know if there is a distributor for Vorsteiner Exhaust for the E90 M3 here in HK? I installed the AA Exhaust but don't really like the low bass sound and prefer something higher pitch. Does anyone have other types of exhaust installed on the E9x M3 care to share their experience? Thanks.

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #148
Alvinlun
Private First Class
Rep

It is Wed sport i order.....but i dun really like it now..........i should get a wheel with the right offset....
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #149
2002E46m3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3

hello HK'ers, i will be in HK starting 4/20 for 3 weeks. I wanted to see if you could refer any BMW tuning shops there that I could visit, or if anyone is selling a good set of wheels while there. i might just bring them back with me. let me know. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #150
cclboss
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E90 Alpine White

I have a pretty new AA Exhaust (a few months) and would like to sell to anyone here in Hong Kong. It's a little too loud for me so if anyone is interested, please PM me. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #151
stephen283
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

Garage List
2003 GSXR1000  [0.00]
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Hi not sure if I should be posting here since I don't even own an M3 + I'm not back in HK yet but I am planning to order an M3 when I go back to HK in Aug. Reading the thread makes me want to go back sooner and get an M3 to join you guys.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good autoshops in HK that is willing to install some parts (ssk, springs, exhaust, intake, rims) that I'm planning to ship back to HK along with my other belongings. It'd be even better if they do sell brake kits and sway bars (maybe I'll buy them here and ship it back too). I just feel that the autoshops in HK aren't friendly and they look down on you, so I am undecided whether should I buy all these parts and ship it home.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #152
roller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92

Where do you drive the M3 in HK? Lap the island?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 04:00 AM   #153
simonlam168
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E93-M3 F10-M5

Hi i am from Hong Kong too. I just got the E93 M3. Anyone has experience with getting DSC DBC error code after installation of Performance steering wheel?

Any solution?

.....Problem FIXED

Last edited by simonlam168; 09-25-2009 at 06:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #154
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Where did you get the steering wheel install?? I need some big help as I have my wheel long long time...and no one help me get it done

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonlam168 View Post
Hi i am from Hong Kong too. I just got the E93 M3. Anyone has experience with getting DSC DBC error code after installation of Performance steering wheel?

Any solution?

.....Problem FIXED

BTW, I have an encore innovation HFC with X-pipe. Only 100km of used, Just like new. I am selling it because it's too loud with Meisterschaft GT2 exhaust. pm me if interested.

.......SOLD

Appreciate 0