BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

05-13-2021, 02:54 PM   #89
alpine2530
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvictormp View Post
Hi!

I did not replace the diff bushings, which is why I chosed not to remove the diff, and so, not to undo the number 10, 11, 13 and 14 bolts. No regrets on that for now. Great improvement with only the subframe bushings.

And I did reuse the number 6 bolts.
There should be 4 #6 bolts yes? And these are torq’d to 100nm?

Great to hear. I’ve read extensively from Malek@MRF about replacing these bushings to solid. However, I’m quite skeptical. Possibly, in the future if I feel the need to upgrade and too much time on my hands, I’ll have them replaced with solid bushings. For now, I’ll stick to 80a poly bushings.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 03:01 PM   #90
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine2530 View Post

Great to hear. I’ve read extensively from Malek@MRF about replacing these bushings to solid. However, I’m quite skeptical. Possibly, in the future if I feel the need to upgrade and too much time on my hands, I’ll have them replaced with solid bushings. For now, I’ll stick to 80a poly bushings.

I think everyone who has installed solid subframe bushings will advise you to not waste your time with poly subframe bushings.
      05-13-2021, 03:24 PM   #91
Vuu
Astronaut
Rep

Quote:
Hi!

I did not replace the diff bushings, which is why I chosed not to remove the diff, and so, not to undo the number 10, 11, 13 and 14 bolts. No regrets on that for now. Great improvement with only the subframe bushings.

How long did it take you to do this job?

I want to upgrade my subframe and diff bushings, and am very mechanically inclined. I just don't know if I have the time to do this.
      05-13-2021, 08:14 PM   #92
Davisca455
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Hi!

I think the 4 subframe bolts are 108Nm (80ft lbs).
Also, I recommend you recheck the torque soon after installation.
I rechecked mine after a week of driving and all 4 had loosened slightly.
I will continue to check periodically and before every track day.
As Roastbeef once said "Some settling may occur."
Attached Images

Chris,
2008 E92
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 08:28 PM   #93
Davisca455
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuu View Post
Quote:
Hi!

How long did it take you to do this job?

I want to upgrade my subframe and diff bushings, and am very mechanically inclined. I just don't know if I have the time to do this.
I think I spent parts of 6 days to do mine.
But I wasn't in a hurry and most of that time was spent cleaning parts prior to reassembly.
I saw how clean jvictormp got his subframe, so I felt the inspiration to do the same.
If you have a friend to help with dropping the subframe out of the car, access to a hydraulic press, and help with reloading the subframe back onto the car, I think one weekend is realistic.

Chris,
2008 E92
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 08:53 PM   #94
Davisca455
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm confused here (grateful for the DIY by the way, of course).

The subframe bushings are four: two big ones, and two small ones.

The two big ones (blue circled) should be installed with the lips facing the bottom.

And the two small ones (red circled) should be installed with lips facing the top.

Right?

But the picture of the OP shows that all of them were installed with lips facing bottom.

Hi. First of all, thanks for sharing your DIY job. I'm about to attempt this but with poly bushings for my rear subframe and differential. Before I start, just want to make sure I have all the parts needed ready. What are the bolts you replace while you're in there doing the job? Or did you reuse the old ones? Either way, looking at the diagram below, bolts that you'll untorq/torq'd are #6, 10, 11, 13 and 14. Could you kindly confirm this? Thanks man. Great job by the way.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=33_1408
I replaced the 6 each TTY driveshaft to differential bolts (13), the 2 each and 1 each differential mounting bolts and the 4 each TTY V-Brace bolts.
I don't think the differential bolts are a must, but the TTY bolts felt necessary to me.
Attached Images

Chris,
2008 E92
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 12:08 AM   #95
alpine2530
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisca455 View Post
I replaced the 6 each TTY driveshaft to differential bolts (13), the 2 each and 1 each differential mounting bolts and the 4 each TTY V-Brace bolts.
I don't think the differential bolts are a must, but the TTY bolts felt necessary to me.
Thanks for taking the time. This was helpful. I’ve got al the bolts apart from one. I’ve been looking up the diagrams but I can’t seem to find the V-brace bolts (p/n 33306760752). Pardon my lack of knowledge on the subject. I haven’t put the car on stands yet, probably will be clearer when I do.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 04:58 PM   #96
Davisca455
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for taking the time. This was helpful. I’ve got al the bolts apart from one. I’ve been looking up the diagrams but I can’t seem to find the V-brace bolts (p/n 33306760752). Pardon my lack of knowledge on the subject. I haven’t put the car on stands yet, probably will be clearer when I do.
I think the bolts are PN: 33306760652
There are two Item 6 on the drawing though, not very clear, so I bought the longer ones.
Attached Images

Chris,
2008 E92
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 10:06 PM   #97
alpine2530
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I think the bolts are PN: 33306760652
There are two Item 6 on the drawing though, not very clear, so I bought the longer ones.
Ah got it thank you!
Appreciate 1
Davisca4552207.50