BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-30-2021, 01:39 AM   #1
Troblin
Registered
Rep
Drives: m3

M3 Windshield Replacement

Does anyone ever do a windshield replacement on a M3? Mine is cracked badly and can't pass inspection in its current condition. In my quest to be a cheap ass, I was thinking of replacing it with the local shop SunTec Auto Glass of Phoenix. Anyone you may recommend for such a replacement shop would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by Troblin; 04-09-2021 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 02:01 AM   #2
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

call your insurance first. something likely flew up and hit your windshield and you couldn't safely avoid it, right? they'll likely replace it for free.

i got one when i had a crack up by my mirror that started growing. they covered an oem equivalent windshield, and offered an oem replacement if i paid the difference. i opted for the oem equivalent and it was perfect. they took my vin to get the correct windshield (rain sensing wipers).
      03-30-2021, 07:24 AM   #3
Ajolives
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Same, insurance covers for free in most states. Just be aware that it will show up as a claim under 1k on your record - found that out when I switched providers late last year.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 07:26 AM   #4
BP709
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F97 X3m, Harrop E90 M3

Be careful about who you decide to go with. A lot of glass companies use sub par quality glass and we see the rearview mirror mounts delaminate from the windshield not to mention sometimes the view through cheap glass can be slightly distorted. Cheap definitely doesn't equal good. If you have a carbon roof the only BMW approved method for removal is a fiber line tool like the WRD spider. That being said it's an easy job and I do them weekly on all BMW models but we're quite pricy at the "stealership" 🤣
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 08:14 AM   #5
ha9981
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP709 View Post
Be careful about who you decide to go with. A lot of glass companies use sub par quality glass and we see the rearview mirror mounts delaminate from the windshield not to mention sometimes the view through cheap glass can be slightly distorted. Cheap definitely doesn't equal good. If you have a carbon roof the only BMW approved method for removal is a fiber line tool like the WRD spider. That being said it's an easy job and I do them weekly on all BMW models but we're quite pricy at the "stealership" 🤣
Which aftermarket glass brand would you recommend?

I cannot seem to find Pilkington or Sekurit in aftermarket supply. I also heard these pit easily.

I was offered Fuyao.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 12:29 PM   #6
frankherman
Rep
Drives: ford

My bad. Insurance company rejected my claim and didn't cover the replacement under the claim.
Appreciate 0