BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

12-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #89
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqsmooth View Post
Received them today. People weren't kidding about not having small enough hands to install them securely. It was a PIA but got them on. Looks 1000x better. Well worth the $ and minor scratches on the hands. TY Lux!
Thanks for the great words!!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #90
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Just ordered a pair. We will see what the fuss is about.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #91
wjesco
Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 IB M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqsmooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjesco View Post
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, they didn't come in yesterday. I did receive my WeissLicht LED Turn Signals and LED License Plate upgrades. Hopefully, they will come today.
I'm sure you'll get them in no time. Once installed, you'll be amazed. I was.
Finally got them 2 days ago

Plan to install them this weekend along with the stealth LED turn signal bulbs and LED license plate bulb upgrades. I hope my installs go smooth.
2011 E90 M3 M-Individual Fox Red/Black Two Tone Interior/Steering wheel,3D Design front lip,Type II Diffuser,IND reflectors,Cyber Scoops,Performance front grills/side grilles w/LED light, Macht Schnell Spacers, ZCP,ZCV,ZP3,6MT,Split rear seat, BMW Apps, EPS
1995 325is, 1991 735iL
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #92
wjesco
Engineer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjesco
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqsmooth
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, they didn't come in yesterday. I did receive my WeissLicht LED Turn Signals and LED License Plate upgrades. Hopefully, they will come today.
I'm sure you'll get them in no time. Once installed, you'll be amazed. I was.
Finally got them 2 days ago

Plan to install them this weekend along with the stealth LED turn signal bulbs and LED license plate bulb upgrades. I hope my installs go smooth.
Finally installed them today they were definitely a PITA to installed. I could not get the LUX bulb in with my hands alone. I ended up slightly taping a thin Allen Rench looking ground stake that I had laying around to the base of the bulb and used it to maneuver the bulb into the housing. Once I did that I removed the tape and the stake and turned the bulb in place with my hand. It did help to mark the base of the Lux bulb with a sharpie to insert it with the three tabs in the same direction as the OEM bulb.
With that said, as you stated I am definitely amazed at the difference.
2011 E90 M3 M-Individual Fox Red/Black Two Tone Interior/Steering wheel,3D Design front lip,Type II Diffuser,IND reflectors,Cyber Scoops,Performance front grills/side grilles w/LED light, Macht Schnell Spacers, ZCP,ZCV,ZP3,6MT,Split rear seat, BMW Apps, EPS
1995 325is, 1991 735iL
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #93
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Finally installed them today they were definitely a PITA to installed. I could not get the LUX bulb in with my hands alone. I ended up slightly taping a thin Allen Rench looking ground stake that I had laying around to the base of the bulb and used it to maneuver the bulb into the housing. Once I did that I removed the tape and the stake and turned the bulb in place with my hand. It did help to mark the base of the Lux bulb with a sharpie to insert it with the three tabs in the same direction as the OEM bulb.
ya its pretty tight in the headlight compartment. Glad you got them in and are happy with them!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #94
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Dude, glad you got them installed and like them. I'd like to see the other stuff you installed as well as the Lux. I thought the 6500s have a bluish hue but I don't see that at all. Maybe I got the 5000s? Nevertheless, I like the bright white angel eyes. I'm baffled that some think it's "ricey". Really? I can respect someone liking the OEMs but to call the white AEs "ricey" is a bit much. The OEM yellows look dull and outdated to me. That was the main reason for me to switch. What's next, are we gonna install tape decks/A-tracks?
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #95
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

where are these angel eyes made?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #96
Rich_Jenkins
Riff Raff Refugee
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post
+1.

Just ordered a set of 5000K.
Installed last weekend, could not be happier.

5000K to me is perfect, nice balanced white color.

I marked the "top" of the ribs with a black sharpie to aid in alignment. Otherwise it was a case of wriggling my hands in to the enclosure and rotating slightly to install.

Great product.
Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #97
wjesco
Engineer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqsmooth View Post
Dude, glad you got them installed and like them. I'd like to see the other stuff you installed as well as the Lux. I thought the 6500s have a bluish hue but I don't see that at all. Maybe I got the 5000s? Nevertheless, I like the bright white angel eyes. I'm baffled that some think it's "ricey". Really? I can respect someone liking the OEMs but to call the white AEs "ricey" is a bit much. The OEM yellows look dull and outdated to me. That was the main reason for me to switch. What's next, are we gonna install tape decks/A-tracks?
I only got the chance to install the WeissLicht Amber LED stealth turn signals to get rid of the ugly egg yolk look. I will try to post a picture of the headlight unit which no longer has the egg yolk look. I will say that I definitely had more room to work after removing the two front tires to access the panel right behind the headlight unit under the wheel housing. However, the cap which attaches to the OEM bulb and the new stealth bulb did not fasten completely after installing the new bulb

I gave up and tried to make sure it was as fasten as much as possible and made sure the turn signal worked. Unfortunately, it looks like i will have to mess with it again the next couple of days because I just got a turn sign malfunction error as I got home from work today and I am assuming its because the bulb and cap are not 100% fasten in place

So much for the advertise easy install/plug and play. Will see, I am trying not to apply too much force and potentially break the prongs like some folks have mentioned on here.

In terms of the angel eyes it sounds like you got the 5000K like i did. I ordered them exactly because I didn't want the blue hue that the 6500K claim to have. I am extremely happy with the all white 5000K. I also don't understand why they would be called "ricey" either.

I hope to install the LED license plate bulb upgrade soon. I have been really busy at work leading up to a good holiday break coming up next week.
1995 325is, 1991 735iL
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #98
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post
Installed last weekend, could not be happier.

5000K to me is perfect, nice balanced white color.

I marked the "top" of the ribs with a black sharpie to aid in alignment. Otherwise it was a case of wriggling my hands in to the enclosure and rotating slightly to install.

Great product.
Sounds like install went smoothly for you. Would love to see some pics if you have them. I took mine with an DSLR and have no bluish hue. Compared with a friend's 328i. It was very difficult to tell them apart. I wouldn't have minded a bluish tint either. If that makes me "ricey", so be it. I'm Asian anyway. hahaha

Quote:
I only got the chance to install the WeissLicht Amber LED stealth turn signals to get rid of the ugly egg yolk look. I will try to post a picture of the headlight unit which no longer has the egg yolk look. I will say that I definitely had more room to work after removing the two front tires to access the panel right behind the headlight unit under the wheel housing. However, the cap which attaches to the OEM bulb and the new stealth bulb did not fasten completely after installing the new bulb

I gave up and tried to make sure it was as fasten as much as possible and made sure the turn signal worked. Unfortunately, it looks like i will have to mess with it again the next couple of days because I just got a turn sign malfunction error as I got home from work today and I am assuming its because the bulb and cap are not 100% fasten in place

So much for the advertise easy install/plug and play. Will see, I am trying not to apply too much force and potentially break the prongs like some folks have mentioned on here.

In terms of the angel eyes it sounds like you got the 5000K like i did. I ordered them exactly because I didn't want the blue hue that the 6500K claim to have. I am extremely happy with the all white 5000K. I also don't understand why they would be called "ricey" either.

I hope to install the LED license plate bulb upgrade soon. I have been really busy at work leading up to a good holiday break coming up next week.
Man, sounds like it's a lot of work. I can see why you have to take your time. No hurry on the pics. It's definitely a PITA to install but as long as I don't have to take it to shop, I'm okay with that. I thought the license plate bulb was LED but I guess not. I really like that look on the Lexus IS's. Just looks clean. Well, good luck with clearing the error message and the last install.
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #99
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I ran into this and you have to mod the bulb for them to fit. I returned mine.
      12-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #100
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
I ran into this and you have to mod the bulb for them to fit. I returned mine.
What are you referring to? the LUX H8 V3 angel eyes are 100% plug and play with no modifications at all. Can you please clarify what you are referring to?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #101
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Installed mine. What a pain in the a..
Amazing difference. Worth every penny
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #102
Fsarc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
What are you referring to? the LUX H8 V3 angel eyes are 100% plug and play with no modifications at all. Can you please clarify what you are referring to?
I believe they are referring to the WeissLicht Amber Led turn signals. They do not fit without modification. I had to deal with the same issue and shaved the tabs on the side to get them to fit properly.

FYI- super happy LUX H8 V3 customer- love them!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #103
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Put in an order for 5000k a few days ago... no word yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #104
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2016 X5 50i

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
I received mine today! Can't install yet because I'm still downrange! Excellent customer service and 7 days to APO address can't beat that! Thank LUX.
      12-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #105
heartcolorgrey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 ZCP AW/Speed Cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
Installed mine. What a pain in the a..
Amazing difference. Worth every penny
Would you suggest as a DIY? I'm getting mine soon after delivery.
Any tips while installing?

Is it possible to keep old OEM bulbs to replace @ end of lease?

I feel dumb going into a shop and getting charged, the installation process seems very straightforward from the pdf.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #106
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartcolorgrey View Post

I feel dumb going into a shop and getting charged, the installation process seems very straightforward from the pdf.

Thanks.
It's really straightforward. What you are essentially doing is literally changing out the bulb. You can't possibly mess it up. Infact the shop will probably have a higher chance of messing things up lol.

You can always keep the OEM and swap them out when you have the turn in the lease. You dont' damage the oem bulbs in anyway.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #107
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartcolorgrey View Post

Thanks.
Yes you can replace they yourself and keep the old bulbs too. You can reference the install guide we have posted to our website as well or send me a PM with any questions
Appreciate 0