BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-14-2018, 09:22 AM   #23
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKLYZ View Post
I couldn't figure out how to detach the steering wheel buttons from the steering wheel so I performed the swap while the button unit was still connected. Not too painful but had to do it at an angle. If you can get your control buttons completely removed from steering wheel then it would be a piece of cake. It took me about 40min from start to finish for the Mbutton. About 10min start to finish for the push start button. Also the M button fit a little snug when seated which had me concerned with getting stuck when depressed however once reconnected to the retractable button, it performs like stock!
Quick question on this..did you have to remove the center airbag module before you could pull the wheel trim off? I attempted it last night but I couldn't tell if the trim was tucked under the center airbag module and I didn't want to yank it and have it snap.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 09:35 AM   #24
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinz View Post
Quote:
I couldn't figure out how to detach the steering wheel buttons from the steering wheel so I performed the swap while the button unit was still connected. Not too painful but had to do it at an angle. If you can get your control buttons completely removed from steering wheel then it would be a piece of cake. It took me about 40min from start to finish for the Mbutton. About 10min start to finish for the push start button. Also the M button fit a little snug when seated which had me concerned with getting stuck when depressed however once reconnected to the retractable button, it performs like stock!
Quick question on this..did you have to remove the center airbag module before you could pull the wheel trim off? I attempted it last night but I couldn't tell if the trim was tucked under the center airbag module and I didn't want to yank it and have it snap.
I had the same problem when I started. No you do not need to remove the airbag module. The trim is sorta tucked behind it but There are 2 tabs located behind the left and right upper trim piece that causes resistance to just pull off. Check out the link below to guide you. It's what I used!
      05-14-2018, 05:25 PM   #25
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
There we go
Attached Images

Last edited by arvinz; 05-14-2018 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 2
      05-14-2018, 07:01 PM   #26
Crazy8.M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Love the look of the red buttons. Had to do a little sanding and shaping to get the "M" button to fit in better. Not as flush as I would prefer but it works.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      05-14-2018, 07:20 PM   #27
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal24 View Post
Love the look of the red buttons. Had to do a little sanding and shaping to get the "M" button to fit in better. Not as flush as I would prefer but it works.
I have same issue...I noticed the button was tight when I put it in and didn't have the same play as the old m button. After I reinstalled everything I noticed the new M button sits a bit lower than the others...maybe more sanding might do it, not sure.
Appreciate 1
Crazy8.M3273.00
      05-14-2018, 10:32 PM   #28
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I have same issue...I noticed the button was tight when I put it in and didn't have the same play as the old m button. After I reinstalled everything I noticed the new M button sits a bit lower than the others...maybe more sanding might do it, not sure.
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, minor sanding will free up some place to allow the button to fit like OEM! Everything worked fine without doing it but my OCD wouldn't allow it!
      05-15-2018, 12:56 PM   #29
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, minor sanding will free up some place to allow the button to fit like OEM! Everything worked fine without doing it but my OCD wouldn't allow it!
Did you just use sand paper? What grit did you use? Might drop by hardware store on the way home to fix it..I have major OCD issues too
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #30
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Did you just use sand paper? What grit did you use? Might drop by hardware store on the way home to fix it..I have major OCD issues too
I don't know what grit but I used a dremel. You just need to remove the paint off the button around the areas that come in contact with the grooves on the button slot.
      05-15-2018, 03:42 PM   #31
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I don't know what grit but I used a dremel. You just need to remove the paint off the button around the areas that come in contact with the grooves on the button slot.
Ok sounds good...I also didn't know how to remove the button module from the wheel so had to do it at an awkward angle while it was still attached to the wheel.

I almost lost those tiny things that are on the back of the up and down buttons!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 03:51 PM   #32
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Ok sounds good...I also didn't know how to remove the button module from the wheel so had to do it at an awkward angle while it was still attached to the wheel.

I almost lost those tiny things that are on the back of the up and down buttons!
Same here bro! It's a crazy angle but we both accomplished it!!
      05-15-2018, 04:23 PM   #33
IntegraXTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY08 E92 M3 and MY15 F80 M3

I can't wait to get mine from IND, they're on back order for now....
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 10:40 PM   #34
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
OCD kicked in and decided to adjust it a bit more...went and got 320 grit sandpaper and sanded down the edges of the M button so it sits flush...sanded it quite a bit and it's much better now..for anyone that's going to try to sand it make sure you put some tape on the face of the button so you don't accidentally sand that part.

Appreciate 1
Crazy8.M3273.00
      05-22-2018, 05:50 PM   #35
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

...Just got mine from IND and I have to admit, Im really disappointed. The lettering is dark grey and nowhere near white. It looks filthy like if it was used or something. Anyone else have this issue or just my crappy luck?
Attached Images

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #36
Hagasan41
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 ///M3, 1999 E36 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
...Just got mine from IND and I have to admit, Im really disappointed. The lettering is dark grey and nowhere near white. It looks filthy like if it was used or something. Anyone else have this issue or just my crappy luck?
That looks like shit and unlike the photos other members posted. Hopefully IND will promptly send you a replacement.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:53 PM   #37
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I had the same problem with the start / stop button. I got in touch with them asap and gave them my order number, they sent me a replacement no questions asked. Replacement is 1000x times better.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 07:01 PM   #38
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

BTW any more pics of the red start button with Fox Red interior and the carbon leather trim?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagasan41 View Post
That looks like shit and unlike the photos other members posted. Hopefully IND will promptly send you a replacement.
Quote:
I had the same problem with the start / stop button. I got in touch with them asap and gave them my order number, they sent me a replacement no questions asked. Replacement is 1000x times better.
Okay good to know its not supposed to look like that, lol. I reached out to their support team and a replacement should be en route once they're back in stock.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 12:03 AM   #39
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

If anyone has the regular black (M) button please pm me, I would like to take that off your hands.
      05-24-2018, 04:12 AM   #40
donut_boi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 X5M DGM

If someone now can make a blue M button for alot of us that have a blue start/stop engine button would be amazing
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 10:10 AM   #41
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
BTW any more pics of the red start button with Fox Red interior and the carbon leather trim?

Okay good to know its not supposed to look like that, lol. I reached out to their support team and a replacement should be en route once they're back in stock.
That looks terrible and should have never left our warehouse. Our support team should have one out to you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut_boi View Post
If someone now can make a blue M button for alot of us that have a blue start/stop engine button would be amazing
Soon.
      05-24-2018, 10:55 AM   #42
eatsleepboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut_boi View Post
I would be in for a blue start/stop and m button.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 02:04 PM   #43
Jhanksm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Comp

Quote:
6ixspd my start button from mod bargains was the same damn way
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #44
TTony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Macan Turbo, IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleepboost View Post
I would be in for a blue start/stop and m button.
1. Eatsleepboost
2. TTony
Appreciate 0