BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-20-2018, 10:26 AM   #23
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Man, $350....this is tempting just to buy a pair and stash them until one goes out and replace both at the same time.
      04-20-2018, 02:22 PM   #24
MTM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
Man, $350....this is tempting just to buy a pair and stash them until one goes out and replace both at the same time.
Same!
Appreciate 1
Majdi37.00
      04-20-2018, 02:38 PM   #25
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
Not such an easy task. You have to hand in a core. Therefore you are giving up your good TA's to have him send you a rebuilt one. I say wait until they go, if ever.
Appreciate 3
      04-21-2018, 04:02 PM   #26
DJiGGs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Not such an easy task. You have to hand in a core. Therefore you are giving up your good TA's to have him send you a rebuilt one. I say wait until they go, if ever.
You don't have to send anything in. You just wont get back the $100 for core exchange.

Still $450 per is very reasonable for something that comes with a lifetime warranty, that also works with rebuild UK.

Just ordered a pair and gonna attempt to install myself.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 05:02 PM   #27
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJiGGs View Post
Quote:
You don't have to send anything in. You just wont get back the $100 for core exchange.

Still $450 per is very reasonable for something that comes with a lifetime warranty, that also works with rebuild UK.

Just ordered a pair and gonna attempt to install myself.
Are your TA's in working order?
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2018, 06:28 PM   #28
DJiGGs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 AW

Quote:

Bank 2 threw errors before winter started so I parked it.
Recently started her up and drove around for a bit and no errors but will still replace as the car is sitting at 96,000 KM might as well do both.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 07:36 PM   #29
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Recently started her up and drove around for a bit and no errors but will still replace as the car is sitting at 96,000 KM might as well do both.
My TA's are in working order so I don't personally have a need to order them. I'll wait and send my busted one in when it happens and spend the $350. I'm sorry that yours is giving you a problem.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2018, 07:48 PM   #30
Rzrdogg55
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e93 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
I checked them out after I discovered the dealer mechanic didn't seat the plenum correctly. Didn't look too bad to R & R. I think there is some reader stuff to do.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 10:28 PM   #31
Majdi
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My TA's are in working order so I don't personally have a need to order them. I'll wait and send my busted one in when it happens and spend the $350. I'm sorry that yours is giving you a problem.
You dont have to send your busted one in. Mpower Motorsports actually has rebuilt actuators in stock. They send you theirs. Once you receive the Actuators, you send yours back to them as a core replacement. Pretty cool concept. So there is no down time.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 10:35 PM   #32
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4org1ve View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You dont have to send your busted one in. Mpower Motorsports actually has rebuilt actuators in stock. They send you theirs. Once you receive the Actuators, you send yours back to them as a core replacement. Pretty cool concept. So there is no down time.
Yes. Some have said that they are thinking of buying the TA while they have a working one on their car. So... You either buy the rebuilt one and then install it on your car and send Abdul a perfectly good working TA that came off of your car or you do not send one in to Abdul and you pay $450 since you are not giving him a core. Both are bad ideas for me as a car owner. I'll wait until my TA's go bad if ever. I'm not going to take a perfectly good working TA out of my car just to get a deal for a rebuilt one.
Appreciate 2
Majdi37.00
94jedi829.00
      04-22-2018, 10:41 PM   #33
Majdi
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes. Some have said that they are thinking of buying the TA while they have a working one on their car. So... You either buy the rebuilt one and then install it on your car and send Abdul a perfectly good working TA that came off of your car or you do not send one in to Abdul and you pay $450 since you are not giving him a core. Both are bad ideas for me as a car owner. I'll wait until my TA's go bad if ever. I'm not going to take a perfectly good working TA out of my car just to get a deal for a rebuilt one.
Agreed. Unless the car has high miles and the person wants to replace actuators as a preventative maintenance measure, then that's fine. But if you have low miles and just want to have a spare. Not a good idea.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 10:59 PM   #34
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed. Unless the car has high miles and the person wants to replace actuators as a preventative maintenance measure, then that's fine. But if you have low miles and just want to have a spare. Not a good idea.
Not to be rude towards you again. But you're basically ban evading at this point. It's so obvious you're the guy who runs the site just by reading your posts, plus your username "Forgive"
      04-22-2018, 11:08 PM   #35
Majdi
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not to be rude towards you again. But you're basically ban evading at this point. It's so obvious you're the guy who runs the site just by reading your posts, plus your username "Forgive"
Man. people are so judgmental these days. Forgive is a code I live by. Even my M has a forgive license plate. Please stop jumping to conclusions. I have NOTHING to do with the guy who sells actuators! lol!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 11:16 PM   #36
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Man. people are so judgmental these days. Forgive is a code I live by. Even my M has a forgive license plate. Please stop jumping to conclusions. I have NOTHING to do with the guy who sells actuators! lol!
I mean you're both from Michigan judging by the plate. Plus you're shilling pretty hard for the guy for nothing lol. Just my conclusion that's all.
Majdi37.00
      04-22-2018, 11:20 PM   #37
Majdi
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I mean you're both from Michigan judging by the plate. Plus you're shilling pretty hard for the guy for nothing lol. Just my conclusion that's all.
True. I see where you can come to that conclusion. But no. forgive is my license plate for my m3 and humility is my license plate for my m5. I'll take a pic when I have a mint.

Im from across the state in Grand Rapids. Anyways. Had a pleasant experience with them. That's all.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 11:34 PM   #38
Majdi
Banned
Rep

Getting back to the topic though. Quick question. One of my friends wants to just replace his gears. He looked online for OD gears. Ecs sells them for 100 plus. Many ebayers claiming they are selling OD gears. The OD gears website itself sells gears. But they are over 200 dollars. lol. Is it the same product with all these various prices? Or am I missing something here?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 06:04 AM   #39
SohoE93
#topdownS65
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Relax buddy...You can call me a supporter of MPS too...just did an actuator job with one of their products...no issues for almost half the price of most distributors..or go with FCP euro. Nothing wrong with forum members touting a product of a non-forum company.
Appreciate 2
Majdi37.00
shmad111.50
      04-23-2018, 06:25 AM   #40
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

About replacing good part for a "better part"

For us going to track days, doing things proactively ACTUALLY saves money

Think about it this way, a track day is very expensive activity if you consider all the costs, say you are there for a two day event and at the first session you get a part failure.

Now you can either have the part handy and attempt to fix it, or you are toast.

I have two Actuators from Abdul sitting on the shelf as of this last Sat. I have 20 track days coming up and I am not taking a chance on a part that has been repeatedly failed.

Just to inject another perspective. Not saying I am right, or you are wrong.
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34448.50
94jedi829.00
      04-23-2018, 06:48 AM   #41
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
About replacing good part for a "better part"

For us going to track days, doing things proactively ACTUALLY saves money

Think about it this way, a track day is very expensive activity if you consider all the costs, say you are there for a two day event and at the first session you get a part failure.

Now you can either have the part handy and attempt to fix it, or you are toast.

I have two Actuators from Abdul sitting on the shelf as of this last Sat. I have 20 track days coming up and I am not taking a chance on a part that has been repeatedly failed.

Just to inject another perspective. Not saying I am right, or you are wrong.
Makes complete sense due to your driving. For a garage queen or DD there may not be a pressing need to stock up on parts. Who would have thunk it that TA's are getting so much publicity here lol.

Throw up a vid if you have any GoPro footage because who doesn't like watching track vids?
Appreciate 2
Majdi37.00
94jedi829.00
      04-23-2018, 10:13 AM   #42
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Here is my best time last year.
looking to drop 2 sec this year:

Appreciate 4