BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

04-02-2020, 11:52 PM   #1
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI M3

Camnyc - SSII E90 Stripper Build

Guys and Gals, Decided to finally make a build thread.

I picked this E90 up from a retired marine in Virginia Beach in Dec of 2018. This car literally fell into my lap after a previous deal for a different car fell apart as I was waiting to board my flight to pick it up. Long story short, this ended up being the better deal. I got out out my f80 a couple weeks before and had my mind made up that I wanted another v8, 6speed sedan.

My previous F80:

Basic specs on the car, its a 2009 E90 m3, 6speed, no nav, no sunroof, leather non heated and thats it. It was dealer maintained its entire life, all recalls performed yadda yadda yadda.

Once I got the car back home, I did a quick analysis of how I wanted to attack the build. While the car had been dealer maintained and the TA's were replaced, the rod bearings were original. I knew I was going to keep this one for a while, so I ordered up a rod bearing service kit from VAC. Once those were received I had them installed along with some other items - Revshift Poly motor and trans mounts.

Pic once we got home:

A few weeks later, Coilovers and brakes went on. Broadway Static 500 series coils went on with oem rotors and stoptech street pads. I also moved my 19' Mtechnica aero wheels over from my recently sold F80 m3. Wheels fit the car well but will need to be refinished.

Exhaust was addressed a few weeks later, Custom xpipe with a B&B rear section, gave the car the muscle car tone it needed. Added a AJM gts style front lip at that time as well along with some painted goodies from IND - front reflectors, painted side markers and keyhole delete.

Interior time, Ledermanz custom flat bottom steering wheel with Grey center stripe and m-tri stitch, Coby wheel ebrake and shift boot, m-performance shift knob and ebrake handle. Also installed an auto solutions SSK Perfect shifter for the 6-speed.

Car barely moved in the first 8 months of ownership, It has and will be the weekend cruiser.

I played around with the coils a little bit to get the ride height dialed in, finally got it sitting where I want on the 19's. Also had the tint removed and swapped on oem cf mirror caps. Fishbowl baby, dont mind the toddler thats jumping around in the pics, he loves to go out in what he calls "Daddys fast car"

I got bored and was looking for something to do, decided to rip the valvecovers off and replace the VCGs and also have the valve covers coated as the original finish was starting to peel in a few areas.

While I was waiting for spark plugs to come in, a buddy decided to part his E92 and I decided to pick up his VF 595 Supercharger............. I made the quick decision to have the manifold coated and to do a pulley and injector swap to turn the kit up, decided on a 650+ setup with a bigger heat exchanger pump. Rk Tunes will handle the tuning and Ill handle the instal and continue to handle the maintenance.

Got rid of the stock 220m as a buddy wanted them, picked up a set of Apex Arc 8 in 18' Staggered fitment with Michelin psc2's. Great combo, light and sticky. Also had time to do a 2stage paint correction and a ceramic coating, went with Cquartz uk 3.0 - 2 coats. Happy with the outcome, Had the same experience with my f80, cquartz makes some of the most user friendly coatings on the market. Also added a Podi Gauge to monitor the blower setup.

Got a bit bored with the setup, Sold the Arc8's locally and picked up a set of Titan7 ts5's, had them coated and mounted with Michelin pss.

Decided to give the car a proper decon wash and topper coating, Cquartz gliss. The added depth and gloss is easily noticeable, I should have done this when I originally coated the car, but none the less, the finish is flawless.

Added a AJM CF Diffuser, fitment needs to be finessed a little more, but Ill deal with that after the rear bumper gets resprayed, And this is how it sits, covid has allowed me to take a few late night drives but nothing spectacular. Looking forward to cruising with my guys once this crisis has passed.

Future immediate plans call for an install of the GAS front monoball kit with new control arms, Code in the euro mdm, m-porium front undertray, and the csf cooling pack. Ill take the car for an alignment and re-dyno when possible to see what the new exhaust design picks up/looses compared to the current setup. I also want to do a set of Recaro sportsters if a set pops up at a reasonable price, but we shall see how that works out.

Other than that, Ill update this thread as things happen/change. Thanks for checking it out and godspeed...............
EnVe461037.50
herbreal315.00
E46PP22.00
bigj505359.00
      04-03-2020, 07:59 AM   #2
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Man that paint looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I gotta say the silver apex wheels look the best to me among all the other sets.

But overall very nice! How do you like the AJM front lip? I'm most likely going to get one from them.
Appreciate 1
JBird..165.50
      04-03-2020, 08:19 AM   #3
BrandJas18
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 328I 6MT Sport Wagon

I second the APEX wheels comment above. Great build.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 04:43 PM   #4
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Car looks crazy clean, wow you transformed it!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 03:18 AM   #5
essjon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

Look awesome!
      04-04-2020, 02:13 PM   #6
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

So happy to see you start a journal!
- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 08:54 PM   #7
Space Fox
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 Space Grey e92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Excellent car
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 12:32 AM   #8
essjon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

Sick!
      04-07-2020, 01:07 PM   #9
Danse92m3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Sweet e90!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #10
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Looks awesome man!! I love the current setup with the Titan7 wheels

You should give your leather some love as well haha
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 08:59 PM   #11
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Man that paint looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I gotta say the silver apex wheels look the best to me among all the other sets.

But overall very nice! How do you like the AJM front lip? I'm most likely going to get one from them.
Its not bad for what it is. its not durable by any means, this one has been on the car for a year so far and its starting to separate at the seam/register. I think for the next lip Im going to try to find the gts1 style with the squared ends, may give a little more aggressive look to the front end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Looks awesome man!! I love the current setup with the Titan7 wheels

You should give your leather some love as well haha
Yeah the driver's seat needs some work, I steamed it to get the leather to tighten up a bit, it worked but getting rid of the shine is another project. I may just end up with a Leatherique treatment when it warms up a bit. rest of the seats and door cards are in mint condition.
      04-12-2020, 11:15 AM   #12
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep

I had some free time yesterday and decided to install a few things on the stripper:

GAS monoball tension arm in new trw tension arms:

Mporium undertray - this was simple to install and because of the design, it actually increases the clearance over the stock piece.

And finally a wash was in order, I took the opportunity to give the engine bay a detail as well:

Thats all for now, the CSF cooling pack will go on in the next round.
      04-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #13
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Stoptech nickel finish bbk PLEASE
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 08:43 PM   #14
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Have you noticed any difference with the GAS monoball? been thinking of picking up a set.
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 05:55 PM   #15
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Have you noticed any difference with the GAS monoball? been thinking of picking up a set.
The GAS setup is money. Front end is much sharper, although tram lining effect is more pronounced to me.

Update has been long overdue.

Last quarter of 2020 I made the decision to turn up the blower setup, went from 8.5psi to 12psi via pulley change. Swapped injectors to ID1050xds with custom adapters, added in a fuel-it 525 fuel pump upgrade and swapped the 93 oct to e85………………the end result was a stock like delivery 670whp and 440 lbft.

I addressed the interior in feb of 2021 and went with a custom set of Cobra Nogaro fixed back seats with the BKauto mounting solution. A little bit of thinking had to go into the wiring and mounting , but I’m pleased with the result, very oem+ effect. M Tri-stripe was added locally

The Csf cooling pack was also installed over the winter, along with an upgraded front mount heat exchanger for the blower, tucked it away as best as possible, still looks menacing from the front end.

Addressed the wheels as well in the “off season”. I split the m-technicas and had them refinished, polished lips and pewter faces with anodized black hardware, looked very period specific if I must say. And added in a pair of Tokyo r888r to help with the traction issues.

Currently I have been taking the car out on weekends only, mainly to local c&c meets, car has been performing flawlessly, averaging 200 -250 miles round trip without any issues, I think its safe to say the car is solid.

At the fcp c&c last month

I will be installing a Snow Performance boost cooler setup and continuing with the maintenance…….oil change, spark plugs and sc fluids. Brakes are next up after I address some issues at the house (namely a slate roof replacement $$$)

Godspeed all

Last edited by Camnyc; 10-04-2021 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: Pics
Appreciate 5
EnVe461037.50
UnicornM387.00
      10-04-2021, 07:02 AM   #16
Deebo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnyc View Post
The GAS setup is money. Front end is much sharper, although tram lining effect is more pronounced to me.

Last quarter of 2020 I made the decision to turn up the blower setup, went from 8.5psi to 12psi via pulley change. Swapped injectors to ID1050xds with custom adapters, added in a fuel-it 525 fuel pump upgrade and swapped the 93 oct to e85………………the end result was a stock like delivery 670whp and 440 lbft.

I addressed the interior in feb of 2021 and went with a custom set of Cobra Nogaro fixed back seats with the BKauto mounting solution. A little bit of thinking had to go into the wiring and mounting , but I’m pleased with the result, very oem+ effect. M Tri-stripe was added locally

The Csf cooling pack was also installed over the winter, along with an upgraded front mount heat exchanger for the blower, tucked it away as best as possible, still looks menacing from the front end.

Addressed the wheels as well in the “off season”. I split the m-technicas and had them refinished, polished lips and pewter faces with anodized black hardware, looked very period specific if I must say. And added in a pair of Tokyo r888r to help with the traction issues.

Currently I have been taking the car out on weekends only, mainly to local c&c meets, car has been performing flawlessly, averaging 200 -250 miles round trip without any issues, I think its safe to say the car is solid.

I will be installing a Snow Performance boost cooler setup and continuing with the maintenance…….oil change, spark plugs and sc fluids. Brakes are next up after I address some issues at the house (namely a slate roof replacement $$$)

Godspeed all
Awesome build man, I am all but sold on a set of Nogaros as well but I need to sit in a set first and make sure I fit lol. Any details you can share on the upgraded HE for the blower?

I bet the thing absolutely rips on 12psi and E85, my plan is something similar after I retire the car from DD duty. Enjoy it and good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 09:21 AM   #17
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
Awesome build man, I am all but sold on a set of Nogaros as well but I need to sit in a set first and make sure I fit lol. Any details you can share on the upgraded HE for the blower?

I bet the thing absolutely rips on 12psi and E85, my plan is something similar after I retire the car from DD duty. Enjoy it and good luck!
I made the decision on the nogaros after sitting in a friends set (albeit in a diff chassis), but I liked the design and the fit. The sides dont dig into you and they are quite comfy on longer drives. I did a 3.5hr stint in them w/o stopping and had no discomfort. A lot of times the fixed back seats add fatigue, for me these do not. I’m very happy with the purchase.
      10-07-2021, 03:53 AM   #18
Timeattackauto
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnyc View Post

At the fcp c&c last month

Godspeed all
Your E90 really makes me want to ramp up modifying my SSII E90 now. your car is super clean and modded nicely. Im thinking about doing the GAS setup and hearing it makes a difference in steering has pushed me to go in that direction. quick question your current wheel setup is 19's correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 04:33 PM   #19
RoyalFlushness
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Nice spec looking good!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 07:06 PM   #20
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeattackauto View Post
Your E90 really makes me want to ramp up modifying my SSII E90 now. your car is super clean and modded nicely. Im thinking about doing the GAS setup and hearing it makes a difference in steering has pushed me to go in that direction. quick question your current wheel setup is 19's correct?
Yup, the Mtechnica setup is 19x10 and 19x10.5
      07-23-2022, 12:04 PM   #21
Zurek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 m3

What size tires are you running with this setup?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 12:45 PM   #22
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurek View Post
What size tires are you running with this setup?
The mtechnicas were 275/30/19 up front and 295/30/19 out back