BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

07-28-2018, 11:17 PM   #23
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Nothing is unreasonable if it's reasonable to you.

07-28-2018, 11:21 PM   #24
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 550 Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
Nothing is unreasonable if it's reasonable to you.
Thanks.
      07-29-2018, 06:06 AM   #25
10"
Major
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

I think being obsessed with Janet Jackson sounds like a far worse life problem than any detailing obsession.
jgoens3531.00
Viffermike1681.00

07-29-2018, 06:11 AM   #26
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
I think being obsessed with Janet Jackson sounds like a far worse life problem than any detailing obsession.
Ya think?! What exactly is wrong with Janet? Be specific here. K? She's an expensive habit but I can think of worse things. So yeah, back up your claim fellah and convince me how this is a Bad thing....I'll wait....
      07-29-2018, 07:22 AM   #27
iamwingman
Captain
Rep
Drives: m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
Ya think?! What exactly is wrong with Janet? Be specific here. K? She's an expensive habit but I can think of worse things. So yeah, back up your claim fellah and convince me how this is a Bad thing....I'll wait....
She lip syncs her shows.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2018, 07:31 AM   #28
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
Quote:
She lip syncs her shows.
Bullshit...I've seen her umpteenth times front row and those notes are coming right from her throat!

The posted link is from the 9th of this month l. She missed her cue and started singing before she was supposed to. Not lip sync bruh.

I think you've got her confused with that dude named Beyonce or somebody...idk

07-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #29
Germanauto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus

Just enough to keep the car clean and tires shined. I like to wax every 3 months, and wash every 1-2 wks depending on the weather. Beyond that is sort of obsessive/waste of time to me but we all have our hobbies.

I hate the flip side more, when people don't care for their cars at all. There are too many poseurs who buy a "nice" car just to show off the badge despite it always looking like shyt b/c they never take care of it.

I'm more impressed with a nicely maintained Honda than a dirty BMW.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop662.50

07-29-2018, 01:06 PM   #30
10"
Major
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
there are loads and loads and loads of wonderful musicians and records in this world. Too many to be obsessed with someone so unimaginative and uncreative. Obviously music is something driven by opinion and emotion; however if you haven't really tried a lot you may settle for what's on the surface. In this case it seems more a case of mainstream pop star with a famous name....and not much more.
      07-29-2018, 01:29 PM   #31
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Rep
Drives: Magic Carpet

I've detailed cars for years on the side and am crazy meticulous. I only have a handful of clients but they know how well I keep my car and this is why I have their business. As for the topic of conversation my girlfriend hates when I start on my car when she is here for the weekend. My car gets washed multiple times a week and waxed once a month. It gets dried with a leaf blower instead of towel. I don't actually take the wheels off to clean them, but they get it inside and out every time it gets a bath. Also gets 2 coats of wax each time; once with a DA and the second by hand, the reason for this is that use 2 different waxes. Once the wax is removed, I blow out all seams with compressed air to ensure all the dust is gone. Once a year I use serium oxide on the windsheild. I live at the end of a dead end street and unfortunately my lazy neighbors like to mow their lawns and blow their grass in the street. I'll never understand why people do this other than laziness. I walk down the street and blow their grass clippings in their driveways. I get dirty looks but have yet to have any of them say anything to me. I dare them. The way I see it is that I spend lots of time and money making my car look the way it does. I woulnd't enter their home and empty one of my trash bags in their floor after they've cleaned.

As for the foam q-tips, this is what I use.

https://www.amazon.com/LOVEDAY-Recta...ds=foam+q-tips

I can appreciate the fact that you love Janet and used it in the original post, but I've only saw it the one time. Um......It's Ms. Jackson.....if you're nasty....
Appreciate 2
Kyngofpop662.50
Red Bread2895.50

07-29-2018, 01:30 PM   #32
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Quote:
there are loads and loads and loads of wonderful musicians and records in this world. Too many to be obsessed with someone so unimaginative and uncreative. Obviously music is something driven by opinion and emotion; however if you haven't really tried a lot you may settle for what's on the surface. In this case it seems more a case of mainstream pop star with a famous name....and not much more.
To back up your claim you used "unimaginative and uncreative" but you didn't cite your sources so I'm gna have to invalidate that. Let's see, a concept album that dealt with social issues at the forefront and didn't use sex to sell, instead used her platform to institute change. That same album spawned 7 top 10 singles and it hasn't been repeated by any other artists in history. Blockbusting sales records, iconic videos, actual talent, and also the most awarded female artist in history blah blah... yeah "mainstream pop-artist, not much else" Sure.

It's your right to dislike something, it's not your right to invalidate or make someone else feel less than because THEY like something. K?

If you wanna make a thread on how shitty Janet Jackson is, you're more than welcome to it. In fact there's a whole internet that exists for it if you like, but here in this thread you've yet to contribute anything relating to the question asked.

Let's keep up. Btw lemme known when you make a thread on all the wonderful artists that you enjoy and I'll gladly contribute...one way or the other.
      07-29-2018, 01:33 PM   #33
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I've detailed cars for years on the side and am crazy meticulous. I only have a handful of clients but they know how well I keep my car and this is why I have their business. As for the topic of conversation my girlfriend hates when I start on my car when she is here for the weekend. My car gets washed multiple times a week and waxed once a month. It gets dried with a leaf blower instead of towel. I don't actually take the wheels off to clean them, but they get it inside and out every time it gets a bath. Also gets 2 coats of wax each time; once with a DA and the second by hand, the reason for this is that use 2 different waxes. Once the wax is removed, I blow out all seams with compressed air to ensure all the dust is gone. Once a year I use serium oxide on the windsheild. I live at the end of a dead end street and unfortunately my lazy neighbors like to mow their lawns and blow their grass in the street. I'll never understand why people do this other than laziness. I walk down the street and blow their grass clippings in their driveways. I get dirty looks but have yet to have any of them say anything to me. I dare them. The way I see it is that I spend lots of time and money making my car look the way it does. I woulnd't enter their home and empty one of my trash bags in their floor after they've cleaned.

I can appreciate the fact that you love Janet and used it in the original post, but I've only saw it the one time. Um......It's Ms. Jackson.....if you're nasty....
This...is awesome lol. Dude that's some awesome detailing going on there. What's "serium oxide"? Never heard it...
      07-29-2018, 01:36 PM   #34
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Rep
Drives: Magic Carpet

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post

This...is awesome lol. Dude that's some awesome detailing going on there. What's "serium oxide"? Never heard it...
It's a powder that you mix with water and make a paste with. You can use with a rotary pad (drill attachment) and it polishes small chips from rocks out of the windshield.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop662.50

07-30-2018, 03:38 AM   #35
DerBosewicht
Problem Solver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 650i Gran Coupe

I usually wipe off the lip on my wheels while I am waiting for car to go through the idle process from a cold start...this is also my visual inspection of my tires before driving...and if a bird does his business on the car.. I have to get it off immediately..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 02:41 PM   #36
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
I used to be obsessive about it but that changed as soon as I had kids. Now I have a monthly pass to drive our three black SUVs through the automated car wash. Good on you for keeping it up!

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 2
Red Bread2895.50
Kyngofpop662.50

07-30-2018, 03:33 PM   #37
maniz
Assistant TO the Regional Manager
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Coupe

I am with you my friend! OCD detailer here too!

BTW, if you want a spare set of those wheels, let me know. My previous car was a 550i and I replaced the wheels with an aftermarket set with 18k mi on the car. The wheels+OEM run flats have been sitting in my garage for 4 years. We can work something out.

Der stärkste buchstabe der welt
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop662.50

07-30-2018, 06:35 PM   #38
dbarton62
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04ZR 3.0 6 speed VF SC

As in the original post, when mine goes into hibernation the wheels come off and are detailed inside and out.
As well the undercarriage is wiped down from the summers road grime and the fender liners are armour alled.
The suspension gets a detail as well.
Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, 2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial BPV,Ceramic header, magnaflow section 1, SS race muffler, megan mounts,42 design catch can, CDV delete ,custom strut bar,3.64LSD, H&R bars, Hotchkis links.ST coils,Koni Yellows. Megan camber arms. Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX

Last edited by dbarton62; 07-30-2018 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop662.50

07-30-2018, 08:11 PM   #39
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniz View Post
I am with you my friend! OCD detailer here too!

BTW, if you want a spare set of those wheels, let me know. My previous car was a 550i and I replaced the wheels with an aftermarket set with 18k mi on the car. The wheels+OEM run flats have been sitting in my garage for 4 years. We can work something out.
See, this is why I need to not come to forums. JUST when I'd started cleaning up and figuring that I should get rid of some of my inventory of car parts...things like this pop up...ugh lol. My Taurus SHO parts backlog looks like an OEM rebuilders list of EVERYTHING

Temptation is killing me so bad but I'm not sure I'm gna keep the 550 and vest into it like I did with the others cause we all know the 550's can be a bit...temperamental. Big THANKS though, I'll most DEF keep it in mind. Wish I'd know this when I hit that curb last year and had to replace all 4 wheels and tires . It was mess...don't ask lol.
      07-30-2018, 08:25 PM   #40
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
To back up your claim you used "unimaginative and uncreative" but you didn't cite your sources so I'm gna have to invalidate that. Let's see, a concept album that dealt with social issues at the forefront and didn't use sex to sell, instead used her platform to institute change. That same album spawned 7 top 10 singles and it hasn't been repeated by any other artists in history. Blockbusting sales records, iconic videos, actual talent, and also the most awarded female artist in history blah blah... yeah "mainstream pop-artist, not much else" Sure.

It's your right to dislike something, it's not your right to invalidate or make someone else feel less than because THEY like something. K?

If you wanna make a thread on how shitty Janet Jackson is, you're more than welcome to it. In fact there's a whole internet that exists for it if you like, but here in this thread you've yet to contribute anything relating to the question asked.

Let's keep up. Btw lemme known when you make a thread on all the wonderful artists that you enjoy and I'll gladly contribute...one way or the other.
Oh don't worry..you will find the dark side here...and embrace it.
Kyngofpop662.50

07-30-2018, 08:30 PM   #41
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Quote:

Oh don't worry..you will find the dark side here...and embrace it.
There's a dark side here? Ya don't say I'll try not to contribute but I can't totally stand by that statement and when Janet's involved...the gloves come off lol. All good tho.
      07-30-2018, 10:20 PM   #42
P1et
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: my wife's cars

Used to love detailing my cars and spending a full day giving them a polish etc. But now with kids, priorities are different. I wake up early, wash, dry and seal the cars. They look just as good to the casual observer. I just don't obsess over them like I once did. Different priorities, I suppose.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop662.50

07-31-2018, 11:01 AM   #43
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
and when Janet's involved...the gloves come off lol. All good tho.
Just a programming note:

Janet Jackson or [insert name of any pop star here, no matter the talent level] has absolutely no place on an online forum devoted to BMWs unless she's photographed driving one.

Thank you.

I obsess over drying the entire car, including the door jambs, the inside of the hood/hatch/trunk lid, and anywhere I know tends to 'leak' water after a wash (mirror housings, light nacelles, etc.) If a commercial car wash doesn't pay attention to those things, I find another place to go. Nine times out of 10, I drive to a parking lot nearby (or home) and dry the car in these places anyway -- or touch up with waterless wash the next morning.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 11:15 AM   #44
Matt@EuroJerks
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Just a programming note:

I obsess over drying the entire car, including the door jambs, the inside of the hood/hatch/trunk lid, and anywhere I know tends to 'leak' water after a wash (mirror housings, light nacelles, etc.) If a commercial car wash doesn't pay attention to those things, I find another place to go. Nine times out of 10, I drive to a parking lot nearby (or home) and dry the car in these places anyway -- or touch up with waterless wash the next morning.
I have multiple towels I rotate in my trunk for this purpose.
Appreciate 2
Viffermike1681.00
JamesWWIII2846.50