BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-30-2014, 10:15 PM   #23
NRBRNG
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92, SG & '89 635 CSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
I hear that the Cobalts have better wear but I don’t know if there is data to back that up (I like data).
I can tell you what I have experienced.
Car: E46 M3
Brakes: AP Racing with full floating front rotors.
Pads: Cobalt XR-1 front and rear
Tires: Yokohama A-005 race slicks
I share the car with the builder. He is a fast driver......could drive Grand Am if he had the proper sponsorship. I can almost keep up with him if I have some practice. We bought the BBK from an endurance team that runs the 25hours of Thunderhill. The pads will last 13+ straight hours in that race. Rotors much longer. (The only reason they sold us the kit is that they wanted an enduro BBK that could go all 25 hours without a pad change.....he wants the AP BBK back )
This last season we both ran HPDE, Open lapping days, Time trials, customer joy rides, test & tune and one race. I am guessing the equivalent of 25-30 days. Went through two sets of used front rotors and two sets of used front pads that came with the BBK. So I paid Zero $ for pads and rotors in 2013.
Performance: From either first hand experience or watching a GoPro I can tell you that the car will out brake any Porsche including 911 cup cars (haven't gone up against a 911 RSR), AMLM Audi R8, VLN Audi TTRS, World Challenge Viper, Trans Am cars (850 whp Nascar engine in a tube frame).

Not me nor my car but Eddie driving the E46 M3 Stammer car with Cobalt XR-1.
Seriously. E46. I just watched this again since the race finished...staggering driving from Eddie and car set-up...against a couple of "VW's"... Entry and mid corner is epic. His commentary sums up the rest for this track at least. Love it!
DCT. Custom Cantrell MS cage. Fire, SCCA, dedicated track. Diffs-online 3.62, diff cooler, MCS 2-ways, SPL arms, TMS solid SF/Diff bushings, RD sway, DO88 Coolers (DCT, RAD, PS, OIL) Akra catless GT4, BPM tune, Hans Recaro, AP Pro 5000R, Cobalt XR2/4 race pads, BBS E88's, Yoko A005 slicks, RKP GT4 Splitter, GT4 canards, APR GT250 Wing, CFK Hood, Flossman CFK fenders, BW carbon doors, Dinan R toe links, Mini battery.
Appreciate 0