BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts

BPM

03-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
rantarM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Feeler: iND Sport EVO Front Upper Lip - SOLD

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
LIP IS SOLD.

Thinking about selling my German-made IND Sport Evo upper lip which has never been installed. I've had it for almost a year now and just have it sitting around. I did attempt to install it but it turned out that it has to be professionally installed. It is not a DIY even though in principle, it seems like a straightforward install. I would include mounting hardware which actually does not come with the lip when purchased from IND. The lip is painted black to match the M3 GTS lip's finish (which is like a semi-gloss/flat black).

I also had special washers made to provide a flat surface for the mounting bolts. The lip has small tabs where the bolts go through to mount to the bumper but because of the resin, the surface was a bit uneven. In order to eliminate the possibility of the tabs breaking from uneven pressure (from the bolt head), I had aluminum washers custom made for the lip. They also reduce the size of the bolt needed from 6mm to 4mm so that the holes in the bumper are as small as possible. The washers are attached with BetaLink so that the epoxy resin does not degrade over time. I think the lip should have come this way to begin with. So with this lip, all the legwork is done and all that remains is to have it installed.

My two options are (1) drive to Orlando and have PSI install it (as they have already installed one) or (2) sell it. At this point I wanted to gauge interest in the lip and if there is enough, I will take and post pictures. The lip is $1,395 + shipping from IND. I would probably be looking for somewhere in the $1,000 range considering the lip is new.

Front Views:

Bottom View:

Top View of Washers (note they are recessed below the lip's surface so they won't damage the paint):

Bottom View of Washers:

Hardware (all stainless; bolts are torx bolts; there is enough 3M tape for this project in the package):

Last edited by rantarM3; 03-22-2013 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

picture please!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
rantarM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Pics posted.

Last edited by rantarM3; 03-22-2013 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0