BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust

BPM

07-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #507
BPM
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW M3 / M5 / Turbo 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedone View Post
Just joined the forum so I can get in on the group buy once it goes live. Looks like I live right in your neighborhood.
Tried messaging you, but since you have only 1 post it wouldn't allow it.

Shoot us an email or a PM with your phone # and we will reach out to you since you are in the "hood".

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #508
dazedone
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP BPM Tune, Ohlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPMSport View Post
Tried messaging you, but since you have only 1 post it wouldn't allow it.

Shoot us an email or a PM with your phone # and we will reach out to you since you are in the "hood".

Thank you!
PM sent. Hopefully you will get it now that the 24 hour waiting period has lapsed.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #509
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Mike,

Sent you a PM as well.

Stephen
      07-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #510
KmndntKlink
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Group Buy Launch date is scheduled for 7/26/2013 (Next Friday).

GB Participants will receive a discount (TBD), servotronic changes for normal and sport mode, and discounts on standard DCT software and coding pricing.

Stay "tuned"!
HELLZ YEAH Just the opportunity I need to pull the trigger. Mike, as you know I was 95% ready to buy, so I will 100% commit to this group buy, please add me!

Tomorrow can't come fast enough
      07-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #511
206_m3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: YAS F80 M3

Nice I can't wait I missed the last one and this time I am all in please add me
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #512
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Tons of PMs behind so I will do my best to get back to them and get the GB up tomorrow

Thanks everyone!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 12:24 AM   #513
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo
Tons of PMs behind so I will do my best to get back to them and get the GB up tomorrow

Thanks everyone!
I'm trying my hardest to stay stock, aside from my track necessary mods (that I always swap back before heading into the dealer), but I'll be watching to see the discount on this Group Buy...
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #514
206_m3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: YAS F80 M3

Oh man today is the day
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #515
dazedone
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP BPM Tune, Ohlins

Mike, did you get my PMs? I am not sure if I am able to send them due to my noob status on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #516
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 206_m3 View Post
Oh man today is the day
Yes it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedone View Post
Mike, did you get my PMs? I am not sure if I am able to send them due to my noob status on this forum.
About 45 behind. Sorry for the delayed reply everyone. I will definitely get back to each and every one of them.

dazedone: I have your # on a post-it note on my desk and will give you a ring tomorrow.

Thank you!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 07-27-2013 at 01:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 01:12 AM   #517
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Group Buy is Posted!! http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869809

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #518
BPM
Rep

Drives: BMW M3 / M5 / Turbo 7

Hope everyone from the group buy is loving the new tweaks!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #519
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Tried the tune out over a couple of quick drives - feels fantastic! The servo changes are a really big selling point for me with this tune - I always has to use my M-button and change things around to keep things a little more sporty with the throttle and steering, and now no need to do so! I used to have an ESS tune, which I also liked, but these cool extras offered by bpm (servo, MT launch control, rpm limit on startup) as well as a great feeling tune are real differentiators in my opinion. I'm really liking the innovation and continuous improvement offered by Mike & team and how Mike is always seeking feedback from customers to improve his products. Will post a more comprehensive review once I flog it on one of my weekend drives through the twistys where I can get more insight into the tune/servo under more demanding conditions, but I really like what I'm feeling so far. Thx again Mike (oh and btw mike, can you send me the stock 240e file..want the ability to flash back to stock )
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #520
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Thanks Mark!

I appreciate the comments and we're glad you're enjoying the tune

(PS: Shoot me an email and I'll send you the stock file).

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #521
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Hi Mike thx, sent you a pm

Quote:
Thanks Mark!

I appreciate the comments and we're glad you're enjoying the tune

(PS: Shoot me an email and I'll send you the stock file).
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #522
grider27
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 15 F83 M4

Got the BPMsport Tuning yesterday and I think i just brought home a different M3! The car is completely changed for the positive. The servo map, DCT and tune just made delivers the best power any day any time I love it!

Mike is a very stand up guy. It is a pleasure talking to the owner, the mastermind and the enthusiast all in one!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #523
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grider27 View Post
Got the BPMsport Tuning yesterday and I think i just brought home a different M3! The car is completely changed for the positive. The servo map, DCT and tune just made delivers the best power any day any time I love it!

Mike is a very stand up guy. It is a pleasure talking to the owner, the mastermind and the enthusiast all in one!
Thank you!! It was a pleasure meeting you..

See you soon for the M-Drive retrofit!

Edit: We will be posting up a combo deal with the BPM Tune and ACM test pipes in the next week for those that want to unleash the beast

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #524
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

BPM Weaponized - Phase 2

After getting the Stage I tune/240E and Euro MDM last December I was already impressed. Mike knows his stuff.

Saturday I stopped by his secret underground laboratory and had the DCT software and the Sportronic steering maps done. Wow!

Wow!

I did I say "Wow!"?

DCT start off, 1st engagement, is vastly improved, 1-2 shifting is "smoother" (in S5), and I suspect other improvements will become apparent as I repeat pre-Saturday drives. The DCT in my 135i now seems downright clunky.

The steering weight versus speed is now also better having been a bit light in the past.

Once again, well done Mike!

(The above testimonial was not the result of any arranged or otherwise conveyed renumeration or compensation of any kind. I affirm that I am who I am and not an avatar or other representation of Mike himself.)
      08-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #525
KmndntKlink
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 m3

I had a very hard time justifying the price tag going in, even with the claimed 20-25hp increase and all the other tweaks. I daily drive my m3, so the stuff he does seems more aligned with that than the dedicated track car types (I do occasionally track though). I have DCT. Only other mod I have (for noooow )is an active autowerk green filter (which is great btw).

I got in on the group buy which got me the stage 1 tune and the servotronic mapping bundled in. So it makes it the value proposition a little better, but still very expensive.

I'm moderately disappointed with the performance side of it. 25hp should be noticeable with the butt-dyno, but i'm not feeling anything mind blowing. I find it really hard to find it since I think it's buried with the rest of the power in this car in the 4k+ range. The car is always quick once you get the revs up and on the shitty streets we have here, it's hard to really test the limit. I havent' had the chance to do a good run, but preliminary results from Torque app & bluetooth dongle showed me a max torque=285ish @ 3500rpm. Now with power train loss, this appears great and should be pretty accurate since it uses the weight on the door+weight of full tank of gas+my weight. I still need to find a good long flat space for a good run though, or just hit a dyno to see for sure. I'm pleased to report that the torque curve IS probably flatter as it was easier to pass people in 7th without downshifting on the highway. Everything is noticeably smoother and the engine even sounds healthier. Overall I'm happy with it and think the group buy price =value received. Basically don't go into this tune primarily for performance gains, you will be disappointed.

All the other changes are nice. In addition to all the engine mapping tweaks, I got the rev limit raised to 8500, cold start limit reduced to 4500, speed limiter removed, & the servotronic mapping. The remapped throttle is quite nice, the tip in is basically eliminated in D &S mode so that it's much smoother and easier to modulate with your foot. I just feel a little more connected to the (pretty great stock IMO) throttle. I'm not entirely convinced it revs quicker (As some people have said) but it is smoother. the car starts & idles a little smoother as well I feel. This may also be in part due to my green filter, but I felt an improvement even after I had the filter installed and then the tune a week later. There seems to be less 'rattle'/roughness when idling/ light cruising (1-3k rpm) as well. This pleases me. The brake pedal also seems smoother.

The servotronic is a noticeable difference vs stock, but I can't justify paying extra for it, it should be included in the stage 1 from now on as a value add to keep supporting the high price IMHO. It will more clearly differentiate BPM from the competition and make it a no brainer for future customers. It also supports current customers and keeps them happy for better customer relations. But that's obviously up to them. The change is very small but is instantly noticeable. The difference in tightness between drive & sport is now obvious compared to stock. I like how it highlights the dichotomy of the car even more. I got into the m3 game because of the jakyl & hyde impersonation it does. On a scale of 1-10, normal/drive mode is +1 in stiffness where sport/m mode is +2/3 in stiffness. I also like how its still progressive, steering is light at slow speeds but ramps up just a tad quicker when you're turning (say from a stop sign onto a side street or in parking lot). 100km/h+ might feel more stable, but you really only notice the difference vs stock @ low speeds or 140+ (which I need a track or extremely remote roads to test) I thought the stock steering was pretty brilliant in the first place, but the change is very nice, just small.

Lastly, customer service: Like every other reviewer here, I can't say enough good things about Mike Benvo. Mike is a real cool, stand up guy and the installation process is so stupidly simple its almost unnerving how easy it is. From the initial phone call to flash complete took less than 15 minutes. Most of that was setup time & confirming what was to be done. Actual flash was like 5 minutes. Mike is clearly passionate about what he does and an expert in his field. You're BMW is in extremely capable hands. Working with MIke to get this done was a pleasure, delays in communication excluded because he's only human and had a billion orders to complete. I was suprised how fast he got it done, I was expecting to wait weeks, but it was only 2 days shipping and he did it on the day it arrived.

TL;DR? It's worth it if you've got the change lying around and want to change up the feel of your car. Coming from 240e already, it was already very smooth (older software had this bucking effect on cold starts that was eliminated when I updated to 240e a while back) I'd say its JUST worth group buy price that includes the servotronic mapping. YMMV and I'm kinda a miser/value maximizing economist with respect to these things. For performance gains I'd look to spending the money on an exhaust, you'll get a great sound and legit gains. I plan to do this next. If you track your car, its a no brainer, you need a tune @ least for the limiter removal and improved throttle. If you're just daily driving, maybe you don't but then why did you buy an m3? BPM seems to specialize their tune into improving all aspects of driving, just like the engineers in ///M division try to do when making their cars. I haven't sampled other firm's tunes, but if you're like me and daily drive it with the occasional track day I have no qualms recommending this. I do enjoy all the little changes as they add up to just make the car that little bit better, smoother, & more refined. If you have extra bank lying around, BPM is prob your best bet in terms of service & options as ESS and the like are just as expensive and don't seem to be as inclusive for features, especially considering servotronic mapping they're currently offering bundled.

Phew pretty long winded but hope it helps someone XD
      08-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #526
THE TECH
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Thanks for all the great reviews!! We appreciate everyone's business!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #527
UroGator
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 MR E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Thank you!! It was a pleasure meeting you..

See you soon for the M-Drive retrofit!

Edit: We will be posting up a combo deal with the BPM Tune and ACM test pipes in the next week for those that want to unleash the beast
Are you still doing the combo deal for BPM tune with ACM test pipes?

How much is it for the Stage I tune with coding (I have 6MT) and test pipes?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #528
THE TECH
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UroGator View Post
Are you still doing the combo deal for BPM tune with ACM test pipes?

How much is it for the Stage I tune with coding (I have 6MT) and test pipes?
We will be doing a deal on a tune + test pipes shortly. Should be up today or tomorrow. Stay tuned...
Appreciate 0