BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

04-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #45
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

6 speed manual or M-DKG? I have no doubt you can get a discount on a manual sedan. M-DKG is a different story.

Big difference so let us know.

AND THANKS BMW FOR MAKING ME WAIT 3+ YEARS WITH MY DEPOSIT DOWN, THEN ALL THESE GUYS ARE GETTING THEIR CARS BEFORE ME, AND AT A DISCOUNT. WAY TO GO!!!!
      04-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #46
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
6 speed manual or M-DKG? I have no doubt you can get a discount on a manual sedan. M-DKG is a different story.

Why is there a difference? Are they allocated separately?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #47
eluder
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m

Quote:

AND THANKS BMW FOR MAKING ME WAIT 3+ YEARS WITH MY DEPOSIT DOWN, THEN ALL THESE GUYS ARE GETTING THEIR CARS BEFORE ME, AND AT A DISCOUNT. WAY TO GO!!!!
Hans,

I ordered the plain-jane 6SP (I like to shift). Does it make a difference though, which transmission?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #48
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluder View Post
My goal was to let people know that if they were looking for closer-to-invoice pricing, it was available. I'm not going to find the deal for anyone. I found it myself, so can you. Don't be angry because everything wasn't handed to you in a nicely sealed envelope.

This won't deter me however. As long as someone reads this and is able to get a little better discount with their own dealer or perhaps another, I'll be happy.
i am reading this pointless thread again.i have to post and ask you to read what you wrote again. we are friends here. if you have a deal, share it. if you have a deal and it is supposed to be a secret, keep it to yourself and don't say anything. to me, the only reason why you told everyone that you got such a good deal is because you wanted everyone to give you praise and attention. nobody is angry that things weren't handed to us in a nicely sealed envelope...lets not be dramatic.

so, in the spirit of being friendly, i am very happy for you that you got a great deal on your car. i am in the military, so i'll be getting a great deal too. it is shame that whoever you got this deal through wants you to keep this a secret because that dealer could probably have some extra business. how does a dealer intend to make money if they tell all of their clients not to refer anyone back to them? after all, if they are worried that others will expect the same deal, they always have the ability to say, "sorry" or "no." but getting a customer on the phone is the first step to a sale.

enjoy your M3!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 11:20 AM   #49
eluder
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmtclimber View Post
i am reading this pointless thread again.i have to post and ask you to read what you wrote again. we are friends here. if you have a deal, share it. if you have a deal and it is supposed to be a secret, keep it to yourself and don't say anything. to me, the only reason why you told everyone that you got such a good deal is because you wanted everyone to give you praise and attention. nobody is angry that things weren't handed to us in a nicely sealed envelope...lets not be dramatic.

so, in the spirit of being friendly, i am very happy for you that you got a great deal on your car. i am in the military, so i'll be getting a great deal too. it is shame that whoever you got this deal through wants you to keep this a secret because that dealer could probably have some extra business. how does a dealer intend to make money if they tell all of their clients not to refer anyone back to them? after all, if they are worried that others will expect the same deal, they always have the ability to say, "sorry" or "no." but getting a customer on the phone is the first step to a sale.

enjoy your M3!
Hi Red,

I respect your post, and more importantly, what you are doing for this country. I have to disagree that I wanted attention. Obviously neither of us can prove what we said though, so that's that.

As you said, in the spirit of being friendly, I'm meeting the dealer today and as mentioned, I'll be asking if he minds me sending some people his way again. I hope he doesn't, so that as many of us as we can get better deals.

Thanks for your post and thanks again for your service.

Signed,

A large family of military folks.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #50
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi Red,

I respect your post, and more importantly, what you are doing for this country. I have to disagree that I wanted attention. Obviously neither of us can prove what we said though, so that's that.

As you said, in the spirit of being friendly, I'm meeting the dealer today and as mentioned, I'll be asking if he minds me sending some people his way again. I hope he doesn't, so that as many of us as we can get better deals.

Thanks for your post and thanks again for your service.

Signed,

A large family of military folks.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 01:45 PM   #51
Davinhci
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
My goal was to let people know that if they were looking for closer-to-invoice pricing, it was available. I'm not going to find the deal for anyone. I found it myself, so can you. Don't be angry because everything wasn't handed to you in a nicely sealed envelope.

This won't deter me however. As long as someone reads this and is able to get a little better discount with their own dealer or perhaps another, I'll be happy.
You don't care about us. You don't care about us one bit. You just want to brag.

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #52
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hans,

I ordered the plain-jane 6SP (I like to shift). Does it make a difference though, which transmission?

I think it makes a difference at this point in time. Right now there are several 6 speed manual sedans sitting on lots in SoCal. There really isn't much demand for a 6 speed manual $70K dollar sedan, even if it IS the amazing M3. That means there will be discounts. I think that the M-DKG option is a much better fit for the sedan. What BMW needs to do is figure this out and cut production of the manual M3 sedans for the US.

I am also thinking that this is panning out like every other enthusiast car, now that the M3 is at a higher price point. That being, that "once the enthusiasts get theirs, demand falls" That was very evident with the Lotus Elise in SoCal. Loooong wait, rabid enthusiasts, finally got their cars... then Lotus kept production high and Elises piled up on lots.

I just hope BMW does not over-produce the M3 for the US market... especially when demand is higher in other countries and so is BMW's profit margin (because of the weak dollar) It will certainly help our resale here if they do not over-produce the cars....

meanwhile, I'm still pissed right now so I'm going to look at the C63. heh.
      04-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #53
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What BMW needs to do is figure this out and cut production of the manual M3 sedans for the US.

bmw can't win...they build the m5 without a MT and everyone complains...now people don't want it because M-DKG is sweet. yeah, that might be dramatic, i think sales are going okay for both.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #54
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmtclimber View Post
bmw can't win...they build the m5 without a MT and everyone complains...now people don't want it because M-DKG is sweet. yeah, that might be dramatic, i think sales are going okay for both.
BMW was very cool to offer a 6 spd manual M5, but it's a fact that the vocal minority got their way and now 6M M5's are sitting on lots in the US as well.

My point is that I would have liked to see some M-DKG trannies allocated to sedans at the same time they allocated them to coupes and convertibles. Why do M-DKG sedan buyers have to wait until June for a build?
      04-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #55
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
My point is that I would have liked to see some M-DKG trannies allocated to sedans at the same time they allocated them to coupes and convertibles. Why do M-DKG sedan buyers have to wait until June for a build?
Because supply was limited and historically the sedan has sold poorly.

Remember, anticipation doesn't hurt sales...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #56
335Transformer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Forecast: Sunny

I got an M3 for free. And they have 10 more tomorrow on a first come first served basis. I can't tell you guys where it is though.
      04-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #57
Davinhci
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335Transformer View Post
I got an M3 for free. And they have 10 more tomorrow on a first come first served basis. I can't tell you guys where it is though.
then you statement is useless.

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #58
1960apache
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 once the dust clears!!

Oh my Buddha!!! Did you guys forget to take your Midol??????? You sound like a bunch of highschool chearleaders that didn't make the squad!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #59
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

yeah, i agree. should have balanced out the m-dct a bit better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post

i would think it would be hard to assess how the sedan would sell given the fact that it has been several years since bmw has offered an m3 sedan. are you just going off of regular 3 series sedan sales?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2008, 03:29 AM   #60
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

There is a loaded E90 M3 at the dealer here in Mid-MO (Machens) looking for a good home. I think the initial dealer E90 M3 demos are proving a bit difficult to sell. If my 335 were not such a nice car, and if I were not such a die-hard ED fan, I would be all over it.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 12:38 AM   #61
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960apache View Post
Oh my Buddha!!! Did you guys forget to take your Midol??????? You sound like a bunch of highschool chearleaders that didn't make the squad!!!
+1!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 01:30 AM   #62
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post

actually the e36 sedan sold just as well as the coupe - even tho it was offered for only 2 years.

the DCT is new so BMW knows that the first few buyers to get a new product will pay a premium.
      04-21-2008, 02:39 AM   #63
dangoma
Your Mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

I am still intrigued on the fact that this post is still being commented on. It's someone bragging on the deal that they got and does not want to share it.
So IMHO they need to take it do what they may with it.
If you decide to share then please post otherwise this thread needs to get closed.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 10:38 PM   #64
sayemthree
Major General
Rep

maybe secret deals should be PM'd. my CA doesnt want me blabbing about my good deal also.
      05-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #65
eluder
First Lieutenant
Rep

Week 21 production! The wait is going to kill me.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 01:46 AM   #66
sayemthree
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Week 21 production! The wait is going to kill me.
week 21? join the May prduction club.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=135374&page=6

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=135374&page=6