BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

04-04-2015, 07:22 AM   #1
Bx Tpr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 CSL

KW V1 Coilover adjustment ?

Recently installed the KW V1's and I've been trying to get the ride height as close to equal all around as I can. I've noticed that the spring perches aren't equally adjusted on all the corners but the ride height is within 1/8-1/4" of one another on all the corners. I thought if you kept the spring perches equal (LF=RF, LR=RR) the ride height would be equal. Is this a normal occurrence when adjusting height on coilovers?

I'm also planning on having the car corner balanced. Would it be a better idea to just set the spring perches equally and just have them corner balance the car from that position instead of messing with the height?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 06:55 AM   #2
z3papa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3 ZCP, 07 335i

It's not all the unusual for coil overs but not to an extreme. I'd wager once you get your car corner balanced, this will be all for naught as I'd bet it will end up having some rake (lower front to rear) since the OE setup has that and BMW is always trying to get close to 50/50 weight. Hint -- you might want to consider this in advance.
      04-05-2015, 07:01 AM   #3
Bx Tpr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 CSL

Thanks for the help. The car still hasn't been aligned since the install of the coilovers so I'm just going to set the perches up first. Front left = to front right and the same out rear. Let it settle and then take measurements. Malek, who's been a great help so far, said that some variation is to be expected between driver and passengers sides of the car.
Appreciate 0