BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-20-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
yamahuh
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

removal of coins under seat thigh support?

I have a bad habit of placing things, change, etc. in the thigh support channel (thinking this was a good spot to keep stuff from sliding around). I now have a lot of change under the support evidently on some type of metal tray and it slides back and forth through corners.

I have searched and it's stated to remove the seat. Is there a better and easier way? Also is there a way to prevent this from happening again (I like putting stuff here and not on the seat).

Any inputs appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahuh View Post
I have a bad habit of placing things, change, etc. in the thigh support channel (thinking this was a good spot to keep stuff from sliding around). I now have a lot of change under the support evidently on some type of metal tray and it slides back and forth through corners.

I have searched and it's stated to remove the seat. Is there a better and easier way? Also is there a way to prevent this from happening again (I like putting stuff here and not on the seat).

Any inputs appreciated. Thanks

I think that answer is quite obvious.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
Rupes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (current), E90 330xi (w

I just took a corner really hard, heard the change fling toward my seat, stopped the car, reached in there, and pulled it out. Was tight, no doubt about it, but was a pretty easy fix. Good luck!
Appreciate 0