BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Lease SwApp
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-18-2018, 07:16 PM   #2641
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
310
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: '08 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fguri32 View Post
2008 E90 Sedan, 6spd
82k miles
1 Owner, stack of service records.
Carbon black with black interior.
Navigation, no EDC.
Winter wheels (no brand) with Michelin winter tires
Paint and interior were flawless.
Rear seats were never sat in, as well as passenger.
Other than some rock chips up front and a scuffs on rear bumper, car is in excellent condition.

Paid $22.7k after taxes.
why does that make me kinda sad for the previous owner?

#foreveralone
__________________
2008 E90 M3
Appreciate 2
      09-21-2018, 01:13 AM   #2642
Danger-Zone
Mmmm3
Danger-Zone's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: '08 E93 M3 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Emerald Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankcah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger-Zone View Post
I picked up my Silver '08 E93 DCT with 71K miles for 19,500. Based on the average prices I was seeing and the mileage and condition... this was a good deal.
$19k? How much was the asking price?

Did it have 18 inch wheels, what packages/options?
It's stock (18" wheels). Nothing changed or upgraded on it. Had it inspected at BMW dealership and it checked out great. The Top and components are great, The Clutch is great, Tranny solid, engine runs and sound great, suspension good, frame great (no accidents, etc.), driveline good, wheels have minimal to no curb rash, tires were around 60% and needed rebalancing, but I was putting some Conti DWS's on so I got the balancing taken care of. All in all, for a 10 year old M3 Convertible, I honestly got a very nice deal. Te exterior isn't mint... there's a few tiny knicks here and there, but nothing visible without "close" inspection.

Asking price was 19,500. They had just lowered it to that. The Jaguar/Landrover dealership I purchased it from had it on their lot for longer than they needed it to be. For where I live, this car is averaging 22-23 from private sellers and similar ranges up to 24/25 from dealerships.
__________________
That?s How You Get Ants!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 11:08 AM   #2643
Sinner101GR
New Member
23
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 2012 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Lexington, KY

iTrader: (0)

2012 e92 M3
48K miles
All options save for ZCP
19" Forged 220s
2 owners with clean history.
Carmax bought with 30 day warranty

$32,998 plus all associated taxes.

Paint had been through a lot through Florida, but the car has overall been in fantastic shape through ownership of 4 months. Already put around 1.5K miles with several 'enthusiastic' cruises with the local CCA clubs.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #2644
bkfastwagon
Private
14
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2012 e92 M3; 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofAlexandria View Post
Wow....either you all are paying WAY over sticker or crazy hah!

2013 M3 Alpine White
$35K
27K Miles
2 Owners and both took stupid care of the car - I have a manilla folder with about 50ish records.

But I'm usually the exception. I'll travel to the midwest/wherever and drive most my cars back (MD) to find amazing deals. Fly out, do final inspection of car, and drive back over a day or two.

I was searching for my M3 for about 9-12 months before I found the perfect deal, so I guess a lot of patience.

-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofAlexandria View Post
Wow....either you all are paying WAY over sticker or crazy hah!

2013 M3 Alpine White
$35K
27K Miles
2 Owners and both took stupid care of the car - I have a manilla folder with about 50ish records.

But I'm usually the exception. I'll travel to the midwest/wherever and drive most my cars back (MD) to find amazing deals. Fly out, do final inspection of car, and drive back over a day or two.

I was searching for my M3 for about 9-12 months before I found the perfect deal, so I guess a lot of patience.

-M
Certain options make significant difference in car's value as you probably know. Is your car ZCP? Manual? Has carbon roof? Is it a convertible?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 11:27 PM   #2645
DukeofAlexandria
Enlisted Member
DukeofAlexandria's Avatar
15
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: 2007 E85 Z4 / 2013 E93 M3
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Alexandria, VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E93  [0.00]
2007 BMW Z4 E85  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfastwagon View Post
Certain options make significant difference in car's value as you probably know. Is your car ZCP? Manual? Has carbon roof? Is it a convertible?
Fully loaded, minus ZCP.
+Cold Weather package
+Premium Package
+Technology Package
19" Style 220 - Jet black edition
E93 Convertible - DCT

It was pretty much fully loaded. I was watching and calculating for the past 9-12 months, I feel like cars like mine are at the high end of the market - $35-38K.

Unless you're seeing a sub 20K miles and mint condition - which fetch $40-45K, most are in the range I paid with the miles and options.

-M
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 10:33 AM   #2646
TheRussski
Second Lieutenant
TheRussski's Avatar
74
Rep
256
Posts

Drives: Slow
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofAlexandria View Post
Fully loaded, minus ZCP.
+Cold Weather package
+Premium Package
+Technology Package
19" Style 220 - Jet black edition
E93 Convertible - DCT

It was pretty much fully loaded. I was watching and calculating for the past 9-12 months, I feel like cars like mine are at the high end of the market - $35-38K.

Unless you're seeing a sub 20K miles and mint condition - which fetch $40-45K, most are in the range I paid with the miles and options.

-M
Ohh...itís a E93, that makes sense
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 03:26 PM   #2647
CHE///MIST3
Lieutenant
CHE///MIST3's Avatar
United_States
170
Rep
410
Posts

Drives: E9X
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
What do you all think about a bone-stock...Ö.

2011
E92
99,600 miles
Silverstone
DCT
carbon roof
two tone black novillo and palladium silver leather
No nav (I prefer this)
220M wheels

Dealer maintained per Carfax record, but few details
8/10 exterior
9/10 interior

$22,750 Local buy

yes or no ?

GM
Attached Images
  
__________________
Carbon Fiber Everything
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 06:18 PM   #2648
cjm41
Private First Class
cjm41's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: St Petersburg, FL

iTrader: (0)

Fresh data for everyone. Picked this up about 3 hours ago. Didn't get good pictures yet and now it's pouring outside.

Clean Carfax, two owners, no maintenance records, Florida car. I do have the window sticker, manuals, etc. I do know the car was traded into a Ford dealer on September 10th and sent to auction shortly after where a local dealership that sells semi-high end used cars snatched it up. Good guy, good reputation.

- 2010 E92
— Le Mans Blue
— Novello Black
— 75k Miles

— DCT
— EDC
— Tech Package
— Premium Package
— Enhanced Premium Sound
— PDC
— Sat Radio

Exterior 8/10
Interior 9/10

Forgestar F14s, AE exhaust, carbon rear spoiler. Small drop, yellow springs (couldn't identify during inspection the other day), stock struts (due to EDC I'm sure). Possible ECU tune because there are no cats and I'm not getting a check engine light. No codes thrown during inspection.

Brakes and oil change done just before pickup.

$26,400 — Definitely not a steal by any means. Maybe slightly above target (was shooting for 24k, dealer wouldn't budge because he's only had the car for a couple of days and Le Mans Blue goes quick when they pop up, wasn't willing to play clock chicken with 21 watchers on eBay, after six months on the prowl for a Le Mans blue, this one shows up 6 miles from me, it was a shit or get off the pot moment).

Car feels great- only immediate thing I'll do is a Blackstone labs oil analysis due to lack of service records. Will get the car to a proper shop and have them check out the suspension to make sure it's done properly. Wheels are in good shape, not brand new, but wearing evenly and car drives dead straight.

Welp- my 4th BMW, first M car. Wanted one since 8th grade, now I'm 35. No wife, no kids, gotta blow money on something, I suppose. Let's hope my risk buying a mildly modded M3 with no maintenance records at the top of book value doesn't come back to haunt me.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 1
NoHedge32.50

      09-29-2018, 08:35 AM   #2649
wfdeacon88
Private First Class
87
Rep
141
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Triad, NC

iTrader: (0)

2009 e90 dark grey
96k miles
Nav
19 in wheels, with brand new Michelin pilots
breaks done relatively recently
tastefully tinted windows
needed a new belly pan which I have ordered
clean Carfax
one owner for most of it's life
the cleanest exterior and interior I've seen on a 2009
waiting on oil test (fingers crossed) but I can't figure out if the RBs have been replaced at all...
runs like a beast thus far, everything checked out at my shop.

$22.7k
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 10:31 AM   #2650
MrGatsby
Enlisted Member
35
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Winter Park, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Searched for about two months to find the perfect M3, I had put a deposit on a jet black/fox red E92 with 67k miles, about a two hour drive away from me. It was listed at 26.8k.

The morning I was scheduled to go pick it up, I came across an email from cars.com highlighting that days latest listings within my search criteria. This gorgeous, low mile M3 popped up for a fantastic price. I went to the dealer immediately, test drove, and left with the car I now own.

When purchased: 1 month ago
Year and Model: 2009 E92 M3
Color: Jerez Black/Bamboo
Miles: 53k
Options: premium, technology, performance, shadowline trim, individual audio, nav, michelin pilots
Transmission: DCT
Extras: Fabspeed X pipe, Dinan springs

paid $24,900, which I believe is a very good deal considering its mileage and options.



Last edited by MrGatsby; 09-29-2018 at 01:22 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 11:07 AM   #2651
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
BOOF-M3's Avatar
United_States
3543
Rep
3,695
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Pasadena Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm41 View Post
Fresh data for everyone. Picked this up about 3 hours ago. Didn't get good pictures yet and now it's pouring outside.

Clean Carfax, two owners, no maintenance records, Florida car. I do have the window sticker, manuals, etc. I do know the car was traded into a Ford dealer on September 10th and sent to auction shortly after where a local dealership that sells semi-high end used cars snatched it up. Good guy, good reputation.

- 2010 E92
— Le Mans Blue
— Novello Black
— 75k Miles

— DCT
— EDC
— Tech Package
— Premium Package
— Enhanced Premium Sound
— PDC
— Sat Radio

Exterior 8/10
Interior 9/10

Forgestar F14s, AE exhaust, carbon rear spoiler. Small drop, yellow springs (couldn't identify during inspection the other day), stock struts (due to EDC I'm sure). Possible ECU tune because there are no cats and I'm not getting a check engine light. No codes thrown during inspection.

Brakes and oil change done just before pickup.

$26,400 — Definitely not a steal by any means. Maybe slightly above target (was shooting for 24k, dealer wouldn't budge because he's only had the car for a couple of days and Le Mans Blue goes quick when they pop up, wasn't willing to play clock chicken with 21 watchers on eBay, after six months on the prowl for a Le Mans blue, this one shows up 6 miles from me, it was a shit or get off the pot moment).

Car feels great- only immediate thing I'll do is a Blackstone labs oil analysis due to lack of service records. Will get the car to a proper shop and have them check out the suspension to make sure it's done properly. Wheels are in good shape, not brand new, but wearing evenly and car drives dead straight.

Welp- my 4th BMW, first M car. Wanted one since 8th grade, now I'm 35. No wife, no kids, gotta blow money on something, I suppose. Let's hope my risk buying a mildly modded M3 with no maintenance records at the top of book value doesn't come back to haunt me.
I disagree, I think you did great especially for the color combo and only 5 miles from home. Saved travel money, shipping etc... congrats!
Appreciate 1
cjm41150.50

      10-11-2018, 12:46 AM   #2652
Kelse92
Member
United_States
0
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Should have posted this when I got the car a couple of weeks ago!

2013 e92
Mineral White on Black
Slightly under 40k miles

DCT
ZCP
Premium pkg
Tech pkg
Sunroof
Carbon fiber splitter, side skirts, and diffuser
Macht-Snell Intake
OEM Exhaust Mod

Paid 35k
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 08:50 PM   #2653
DRLane
New Member
5
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

2008 M3 - Jet Black

New to the forum!

Dream came through this summer, to the tune of just over $27k. Was going to get an Outback but my wife was supportive of getting something more fun than practical...

2008 M3
Jet Black on Black leather
21k miles!
Manual
Cold weather & premium packages
Interior is spotless, no wear marks or indents on the seats
Entirely garage kept, older gentlemen only put ~2k on it a year.

Absolutely love it. Already put 4k miles on it and hoping to put 150k more.

Projects thus far:
  • Ceramic pro H9
  • AFE Carbon intake
  • Drilled and glued in copper inserts on air box and cabin filter housing. Replaced the hardware with matching bolts
  • LUX angel bulb replacements
  • Black kidney grills
  • Extra set of wheels (nearly perfect condition) that I might have repainted or finished for summer time. Existing wheels have some curb rash that will be winter tire wheels.

Planned:
  • Dinan exhaust
  • Maybe retrofit CIC or another iPhone mirror high def module, but not sure it's necessary.
Attached Images
    

Last edited by DRLane; 10-14-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M33542.50

      10-17-2018, 07:02 PM   #2654
Fooksdaddy
Enlisted Member
Fooksdaddy's Avatar
8
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW M3 SSII
Join Date: May 2016
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (1)

Year and Model: 2011, E90 M3, SSII / Palladium silver
Miles: 88450
Options: Competition package
Transmission: DCT

Houston, Gillman Honda
$21,495

1. Clean Carfax minus a minor collision in 2013.
2. front end trash from a shit respray and light rear bumper damage.
3. Top speed catless midpipe
4. Shit ZCP respray and oversized tires (f - 265/35/r19 -- r - 295/35/r19) and 10mm spacers --- SMDH, rear fenders rolled as well.... rubs like crazy

price started at $26k five weeks ago and dropped roughly a grand each week.
__________________
E90 ///M3 Silverstone II
E46 ///M3 Alpine White III
E36 ///M3 Arctic Silver
E46 ///M3 Carbon Schwartz
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #2655
5speed5er
Enlisted Member
9
Rep
40
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (1)

2011 Intergalos Blue with Bamboo Novillo
6 speed
ZCP
Basically stock
91k miles


Needs brakes in 7k miles along with spark plugs which I plan on doing myself.

Paid $25,250 for the car plus taxes, $450 in travel expenses and $150 on a PPI.

How did I do?



Appreciate 3
CSBM5867.50
BOOF-M33542.50

      10-19-2018, 09:03 PM   #2656
gerikivan
New Member
gerikivan's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Virginia Beach

iTrader: (0)

2008 e92 m3 Alpine White
Miles: 83,468
Transmission : 6 speed manual

got it for 22.5k

it came in with engines lights lol but the clutch just got replaced and Throttle actuator..

mods came with it :

-Akrapovic X pipe
-H&R race springs
-Vorsteiners Technik exhaust

check engine light came with it :

-drl frm need to be reset
-needs to replace spark plug
-gas door magnet broken
-need to replace fuel pressure sensor
-tpms light sensor

*all of those are fixed already except im too lazy to go to the dealership and get my frm resetted

mods after 3months of owning it

-Alex alpine Stage 2 Tune
-drop in filter
-Vorshlag engine mounts
-clutch stop
-cdv delete
-non staggered Titan 7 Ts5 18x10.5 +25 275/35/18 W/ 12mm spacer all around
-Extended stud conversion

Future plans for it :

-solid subframe bushings
-rear differential bushings
-Hotchkis Front and Rear Sway bar
-Performance Flex Disk
-Stoptech Braided Brake lines
-Change my Rb at 95k miles
-Auto SolutionShort Shifter
-Transmission Mounts
-Ultimate Clutch Pedal
-Recaro Sportster Seats
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M33542.50

      10-21-2018, 11:35 PM   #2657
Aries326
Major
Aries326's Avatar
United_States
93
Rep
1,397
Posts

Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si, 2013 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Should have posted this when I got the car a couple of weeks ago!

2013 e92
Mineral White on Black
Slightly under 40k miles

DCT
ZCP
Premium pkg
Tech pkg
Sunroof
Carbon fiber splitter, side skirts, and diffuser
Macht-Snell Intake
OEM Exhaust Mod

Paid 35k
Wow, you got a great deal. I had a similar car in AW with black interior, CF trim, ZCP, cold weather, moon roof, etc. $38k through a dealer. Then I added warranty.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 03:44 AM   #2658
Immy68
New Member
2
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: British Columbia

iTrader: (0)

What you guys think of this? I didn't get the car yet, I made an offer and it was a yes. Put a small deposit down. I just need to do a final PPI before I make the transaction..

2012 Jet black/fox red e92
ZCP
Fully loaded all options
Carbon fibre roof
51k MILES


Was originally 28k usd but i got it down to 26k. Is this a good deal?

The only thing broken was the comfort access and also a full replacement of the front windshield from BMW.

I feel as though I can haggle a little bit more...
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 03:54 AM   #2659
TheRussski
Second Lieutenant
TheRussski's Avatar
74
Rep
256
Posts

Drives: Slow
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immy68 View Post
What you guys think of this? I didn't get the car yet, I made an offer and it was a yes. Put a small deposit down. I just need to do a final PPI before I make the transaction..

2012 Jet black/fox red e92
ZCP
Fully loaded all options
Carbon fibre roof
51k MILES


Was originally 28k usd but i got it down to 26k. Is this a good deal?

The only thing broken was the comfort access and also a full replacement of the front windshield from BMW.

I feel as though I can haggle a little bit more...
The price seems to be really cheap, hows the tittle looking? 2012 ZCP with 51k miles should be mid to low 30s
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 04:18 AM   #2660
Immy68
New Member
2
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: British Columbia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussski View Post
The price seems to be really cheap, hows the tittle looking? 2012 ZCP with 51k miles should be mid to low 30s
This is in Canada if that matters.

The title is completely clean.

Throttle acutators hasn't been done nor has rod bearings.

No big damages as far as I can see. I'm going to take a look at it after the PPI one last time before I make the transaction.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 08:37 AM   #2661
cjm41
Private First Class
cjm41's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: St Petersburg, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immy68 View Post
What you guys think of this? I didn't get the car yet, I made an offer and it was a yes. Put a small deposit down. I just need to do a final PPI before I make the transaction..

2012 Jet black/fox red e92
ZCP
Fully loaded all options
Carbon fibre roof
51k MILES


Was originally 28k usd but i got it down to 26k. Is this a good deal?

The only thing broken was the comfort access and also a full replacement of the front windshield from BMW.

I feel as though I can haggle a little bit more...
That is a pretty low price for that car. Make sure you get the CarFax and do not skimp on a pre-purchase inspection.
__________________
2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 08:40 AM   #2662
wfdeacon88
Private First Class
87
Rep
141
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Triad, NC

iTrader: (0)

Agreed.. that price is at least $4-5K LOW. Red Flag... but PPI and maybe you hit a home run... I'd be careful though
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST