BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #23
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Oh man, I've had more than a few...

Boss 1 - back in my highschool days. Working at a local burger joint. She would bang the cook in the back office and make me watch out for her husband to show up unannounced as he totally suspected she was a whore. One evening it was just us 3 working and she disappears into the office with the cook. They leave me up front to take orders, cook (I was not a trained cook), serve, bus. That went on for about 20 minutes until we had a line out the door. I announced to the line I was done. Took my apron off and walked off. Someone in line asked who was going to take their order to which I replied "I dunno, maybe go ask the manager. She's in the back f*cking the cook right now."

Boss 2 - Home from college for the summer. Got a lot attendant job at a local car dealer. We had an in house detailer who worked on the 2nd floor of the building the showroom was in. There was a long ramp that took you up there and back down. Only wide enough for 1 car so you had to navigate carefully otherwise you get caught nose to nose with a car going the opposite direction and someone would have to back up. I'm walking up the ramp carrying a box of supplies that had come in to give them to the detailer. I'm half way up the ramp and here comes my boss in a customer car, driving up the ramp. He sees me and guns it, laying on the horn. I start running for my life up the ramp. He chases me all the way up the ramp and gets out at the top laughing and pointing at me. Lucky for me the detailer was a super cool guy and unbeknownst to me at the time he talked to the dealer GM on my behalf. I suddenly got a promotion to a different department and was made a parts delivery driver for the rest of the summer. A coveted job because you are basically out on the road all day, just cruising around. My old boss disappeared shortly after. Not sure how or why or if related but I learned a valuable lesson about networking and building your network of support.

Boss 3 - My big corporate slave job right out of engineering school. Had a spineless, sycophant, little turd of a boss who used to take personal credit for my work with his boss. One day he invites me to an executive level meeting to present some data to the VP of engineering. Kinda a big deal to a 22 year old engineer in a multi-billion dollar company with 26,000 employees. My boss sits at this big conference table and I sit next to him. He doesn't say a word. People are filtering in and everyone is looking ant me funny. I figure they are thinking "whose the kid?" VP walks in and absolutely loses his sh*t because I'm in "his" seat. Everyone in the room knew the 3rd seat in from the left on the back side of the table was his seat. My boss knew it and yet he let me sit there, without saying a word. I got verbally berated in front of my boss and a dozen executives. The the f*cker went on to take credit for my work in that meeting. Whatever, I banged the F out of my then girlfriend on his desk one weekend.

Boss 4 - In a bizarre sequence of events that included the owner of our company dying in a freak accident, control of the company was handed over to his long time friend and business partner. A blue-collar dude from the UK who had never worked in an office in his life. Now he has a $100M+ global company to run and I report directly to him. He's an alcoholic and I'm pretty sure did coke. Totally unpredictable. Bat sh*t crazy. I'm planning my escape out of New England and back to Seattle and in the process my wife and I sell our house and move to an apartment for a few months to buy time until her business sells and we can ultimately bail out. If my boss knew I was planning to leave he likely would have lost his sh*t and fired me on the spot out of spite. We were applying for a home loan to buy a house in Seattle and I couldn't risk an interruption in income or work history. We move into our new temporary apartment complex a 1/2 mile from my work. Come to find out my boss lives IN that complex, IN our building, ON our floor! He's literally 3 doors down from us. WTF! He knows we own a house. If he catches me there he'll be asking some questions I don't have answers for. So I spend 3 months in hiding. My wife took the garbage out and got the mail because he had never met her. She took the dog out to do her business. I literally ran from the carport to the apartment, in fear I'd see him. One night my wife hit the apartment pool, the gym, and then the sauna. I of course was unable to join. She comes back nearly in tears. My drunk boss had stumbled into the sauna while she was in there, stripped down to nothing (clothing was required because it was a coed sauna), plopped down next to my horrified wife and proceeded to start hitting on her. Not long before we left for Seattle the boss was greeted at the door of our company by the police and taken away. He was deported 3 days later. No one to this day knows why, but it was awesome!
Appreciate 9
Run Silent15127.00
King Rudi13152.00
Darth One6612.50
________4157.00
BSM n54iS2684.50
Kyngofpop676.00
rohitsja232.50
      10-19-2018, 02:31 PM   #24
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

in all fairness, i think the cook would disagree with your assessment of Boss 1 as a crappy boss.

and i laughed at the ramp story. i guess that makes me as big of an asshole as Boss 2
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 02:47 PM   #25
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I was offered a job as an outside sales rep for a flooring center. The business was owned by a sleazy buy here/pay here car lot owner. He used the profit of the flooring center to put back in inventory for the car lots he owned to keep stock rotated. He allowed his spoiled rotten daughter and her husband who was spoiled in his own right to run the business. The original game plan was that they were going to hook me up with a company van to load with samples. I would then cruise around looking for new construction do the sales gig. They never bought a van, then expected me to use my car (Lexus IS 350) and my gas to sell for them. I did this for a while but the manager (son-in-law) would also add his name to the sales order which would instantly cut my commission in half. Once I turned in my sales sheet for the day of who I contacted or sold to, he would go behind my back and sell them cheaper flooring, then yet again add his name to the invoice. The dumb ass couldn't understand how he was screwing me out of commission because he didn't understand how the system worked. On top of this he was screwing himself out of money by selling cheaper product to my customers behind my back.

The owner, his daughter and her dumb ass husband came to me one day and told me if I expected to grow my business I would need to buy a van. I laughed at them and asked how it was my responsibility to buy a van to sell flooring for them. If they had any faith in me and expected me to do well then they needed to supply me with the tools to do my job. The owner suggested I sell my Lexus and buy a van. RIIIIIIGGGHT?

These ass hats screwed me out of as much money as they possibly could. They screwed me out of jobs/projects I had deadlines for because they couldn't get their shit together and then blamed it all on me. Funny how I was a successful sales person everywhere else I worked for the exception of that place. They had a kid quit on them that was hourly and tried to force me into that position which cut my money even more. They decided they were going to let the son-in-law do outside sales. One day I simply had enough and told them what I thought and walked out.

I ran into one of the other sales reps from that place a few weeks ago and he now runs the place. Apparently the daughter and her husband embezzled a ton of money from her dad and then used that money to buy a company in a neighboring city that I actually hooked them up with. They screwed the guy on the deal of buying his business as well. As of today, their business is failing, they have lost their house, had both vehicles repo'd, the husband had to sell his boat and motorcycle and neither of their families will have anything to do with them. Pathetic at what some people think it takes to be successful.

It's better to struggle and be a good person than to screw everyone trying to be successful. I'm not a religious person, but I am a spiritual person. Karma will ALWAYS come back to you....always.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent15127.00
      10-19-2018, 03:34 PM   #26
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post

The only way to win is run your own business.
I own a business, started by my father. My brother and I now own and run it. In my previous life, I worked for a bad boss and a great boss. Bad boss was a spoiled little shit that never had to actually work for a living, Ivy League educated arrogant prick. Great boss grew up poor, worked his ass off and built a great company. Bad boss expected the impossible. Good boss's expectations were fair as he actually did what he expected me to do.

Today, I am good boss. I've done every job in this company. I treat people the way I like to be treated. I lead by example and help them be a better person, a better employee, and give them the opportunity to rise in the organization.

Unfortunately, some people never worked for bad boss so they don't appreciate a good boss. Some people just suck. Poor work ethics, a sense of entitlement, resentment towards the boss. They see the office, the nice car and think it must be nice. They don't however want to put in the blood, sweat and tears it takes to build a business, they just want the rewards. It takes wind out of your sails. Don't get me wrong, I am not down on everyone. I have some great people that started out as clerks, busted their asses, took the initiative and are now managers and directors and damn good ones at that. But they are few and far between. Not everyone is cut out to be a leader, and that's fine. A good leader makes employees better.

Climbs off soapbox....
Good for you! To hear this makes me proud of and for you.

A leader projects an image of importance. A good leader makes everyone around them feel important.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15573.50
      10-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #27
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Here is one more...

So at that same store, we had a sales manager named Todd - who reported to the jerk GM I mentioned in my previous post. Good 'ol Todd was absolutely hilarious, but also did about an 8-ball of coke a day at work and as such, had zero filters.

So a couple comes in to buy a VW Beetle and when I pull their credit, it's atrocious. I show the SM (Todd) and he says "Lemme go talk to them". Here it comes, I think.....

So Todd walks in, slaps the husband on the back so hard he nearly falls out of his chair and says "Damn son, y'all don't pay anybody, do ya?" I about lost it! The customer asks what type of interest rate they are looking at, and Todd says "Damn, well, I'm gonna try my best to get you one and whatever it ends up being, you will gladly accept it, because we all know you aren't going to make many of these payments anyways."

He then asks the customers "So how much money do you have down?"
They ask "Well how much do we need?"
Todd says, laughing, "Fucking all of it!"
Customer says he can come up with a thousand dollars down.
Todd holds out his hand and says "Give it to me." Customer just looks at him.
Todd follows up with while snapping his fingers "Gimme the thousand dollars, I ain't gonna go see the GM about a loan if he doesn't think you are serious. Gimme your money!"

They did. Place was terrible, but great for a laugh.
Lol...Todd sounds like Putty from Seinfeld who does those rentacar commercials now...
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-19-2018, 03:52 PM   #28
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Lol...Todd sounds like Putty from Seinfeld who does those rentacar commercials now...

Dude, this guy cracked me up but he was such an asshole, but a funny one. On one occasion, I came to work on a Saturday morning to find a large black limo parked in the new car lot, windows down, Todd's arm hanging out with puke all over the door and on the concrete. I didn't even ask.
      10-22-2018, 09:55 PM   #29
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Worked for a PE who was so anal that he expected your desk to be set up just like his. Files in the same place, pencils in the same place in the same drawer, AutoCad set up just like his, etc. He wouldn't even let us edit documents in Word. We had to literally cut and paste sections of previous reports and documents onto yellow legal-size paper and then fill in the new text by hand. I spent more time explaining my handwriting to the secretaries as I did writing it. Most new hire engineers at that place lasted less than two weeks.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907384.50
      10-22-2018, 10:27 PM   #30
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

Not that bad but I work as a programmer and this happened when I was interning at a different company than where I work now. I had a boss who would constantly brag about her intelligence at meetings and would constantly interrupt employees giving their status update on the work they have done in an attempt to take credit for it. I've always figured that she helped them with the code and would sneak in to take credit for helping others out. One day I had a bad case of the runs and quickly excused myself from my cube, leaving my work PC unlocked. I come back and find her sifting through my code. I did not think much of this until the next meeting where she took credit for literally everything I did.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-22-2018, 11:49 PM   #31
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

ugh so my boss this morning decides that he doesn't take our word for any completed training assignments that we have to take online. he sent us an email requesting us to send him screen shots of the section completed and email them to him just so he knows they're done?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 05:07 AM   #32
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
ugh so my boss this morning decides that he doesn't take our word for any completed training assignments that we have to take online. he sent us an email requesting us to send him screen shots of the section completed and email them to him just so he knows they're done?
So?
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2018, 06:47 AM   #33
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Good for you! To hear this makes me proud of and for you.

A leader projects an image of importance. A good leader makes everyone around them feel important.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-23-2018, 06:50 AM   #34
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
So?
So if you're that paranoid, you shouldn'e be the boss.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 07:24 AM   #35
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
You are most welcome. Individuals like you are the type of employers I personally enjoy working for. I would much rather work along side someone who has started at the bottom and doesn't mind get their hands dirty versus someone who was given a position and simply expects everyone just to do what they are told without the why behind it.

I'm a firm believer in grooming employees as they do their job to set them up for future endeavors. Communicating with employees as to why they are doing what they are working on and explaining the impact on the company that their tasks hold is key. All too often most employers simply want mindless sheep to do what their told and that's it.

The key to any successful business is happy, well informed employees.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15573.50
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-23-2018, 07:31 AM   #36
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Does he not have access in the training system to see what training classes have been completed? Seems odd not to. In the event that he doesn't and compliance in mandated from a corporate level, I could see his request for solidification that training classes are completed; however, I don't know of any online training classroom environment that doesn't offer the ability for management to check progression of completion for the employees.

Could it be that this is offered and he doesn't know how to check completion status?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 04:08 PM   #37
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Does he not have access in the training system to see what training classes have been completed? Seems odd not to. In the event that he doesn't and compliance in mandated from a corporate level, I could see his request for solidification that training classes are completed; however, I don't know of any online training classroom environment that doesn't offer the ability for management to check progression of completion for the employees.

Could it be that this is offered and he doesn't know how to check completion status?
Yes he does have the ability to request access. But he likes to Micro manage so much that we all believe he would rather see we all do what he says rather than him not being involved. My job is more self starting and independent where we really don't need a supervisor since we are a 24/7 running pipeline facility. The fact that we all communicate through email and we all see the memos. So if I send him an email stating my Training modules are all completed and up to date he should accept that. Not ask us for a print screen shot of 10 pages. That's just ridiculous! We are grown men in this industry...not your typical teenage kids at Chic Fila
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 10-23-2018 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 04:10 PM   #38
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes he does have the ability to request access. But he likes to Micro manage so much that we all believe he would rather see we all do what he says rather than him not being involved. My job is more self starting and independent where we really don't need a supervisor since we are a 24/7 running pipeline facility.
Ridiculous. This would make me question the company itself in the decision making process if they feel this guy was the best candidate for his position.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-23-2018, 09:23 PM   #39
Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)

Garage List
Before starting my business I worked for this company for 5 years and I was the top producing salesman (not counting the gold digging bitch rep that’s now my ex bosses current wife) and I have to say towards the end, after all the frustration, it’s hard to believe people like that exist.

I’m talking no paid sick days, them micro managing every fucking deal and way to go about things, double standards for the whore wife, lack of communication, no appreciation for the good and nit picking on the minor details, them refusing to pay anyone a decent salary in the office so we had constant turnover with millions of mistakes and the list goes on....

So I get this group deal and close a deal for roughly $30k and mind you, my underpaid rape commission rate was a mere 10%....so I was supposed to make 3k on the deal. End of the month comes and I don’t get any commission on the deal. So I go to the boss and say, hey what’s the deal? I didn’t get paid any commission on this deal and he says “well you have to meet a quota to cover equipment costs so what you sold basically covered the quota and you’ll make commission moving forward....

Needless to say I fucking lost it because they were cheap bastards and they knew what they were supposed to do. Quota for what? Did I get part ownership in any of equipment? Of course not!

Fast forward to next week and We had a blow out at our next Monday morning meeting where I said in front of the whole sales staff that some promotional material for a new product being discussed looked like shit. The boss was praising it like it was the best thing to come off a printing press. It certainly was not and I expressed my honest opinion.

He got mad, told me where the door was and a month later I told him I was quitting. Best feeling in the world, watching that man sink into his chair as I called his bluff, on my terms...they lost over $250k in residual business after I left because I was the only glue holding those accounts together between their greediness and office fuckups. Serves them right.

Plus, it was a great life lesson on how not to treat employees and people I’m general.
      10-24-2018, 09:19 AM   #40
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it's funny for me to read this because i just asked my employees at our morning meeting to save screen shots of them completing their required training assignments.

but i do it because our online tracking system is unreliable and i'm trying to save them from getting screwed by it later. the training we do is reported to regulators and there are consequences to people who don't take it.

clearly you have a different situation but i was amused to read that someone had done the exact same thing as me a few minutes ago
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-24-2018, 09:28 AM   #41
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Quote:
it's funny for me to read this because i just asked my employees at our morning meeting to save screen shots of them completing their required training assignments.

but i do it because our online tracking system is unreliable and i'm trying to save them from getting screwed by it later. the training we do is reported to regulators and there are consequences to people who don't take it.

clearly you have a different situation but i was amused to read that someone had done the exact same thing as me a few minutes ago
You're a crappy boss. LOL
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #42
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

reading that actually made me make a note to explain to people again why i'm asking them to do this. there's probably someone who didn't attend the meeting, hears about it second hand and is thinking - great, why is this asshole making me do this
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-24-2018, 09:41 AM   #43
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

I’ve had crappy bosses, but I’ve also had plenty of crappy employees. My good employees thought I was a good boss, my bad ones not so much. Of course there’s always the possibility that I just thought the ones who liked me were good employees and the ones who didn’t weren’t... Could that be it?
nahhhh.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-24-2018, 09:41 AM   #44
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
reading that actually made me make a note to explain to people again why i'm asking them to do this. there's probably someone who didn't attend the meeting, hears about it second hand and is thinking - great, why is this asshole making me do this
And while at it, they can also go post on their car forum! I'm sure they drive Audis though so you're safe!
Appreciate 0