BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

10-17-2018, 09:48 AM   #1
Danger-Zone
Mmmm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93 M3 DCT

E93 Help - Does this look normal

Need a little help. Today I was looking in the back seat and noticed something that "looked" odd.

Yesterday, the misses took the Bimmer out and dropped the top, since Florida's fall season is perfect for Convertibles. I don't think she did anything wrong; however, I know she also doesn't have an eye or ear for any visible issues or odd sounds.

For some reason, I thought the interior fabric on the convertible top sat flush with that rear deck? Am I over thinking this; or, is there a valid reason the components aren't resting flush?

See photos. Maybe this is normal and I haven't noticed it before since the car is still fairly new to me.
Attached Images

11-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #2
Rainer M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, 2018 X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger-Zone View Post
Need a little help. Today I was looking in the back seat and noticed something that "looked" odd.

Yesterday, the misses took the Bimmer out and dropped the top, since Florida's fall season is perfect for Convertibles. I don't think she did anything wrong; however, I know she also doesn't have an eye or ear for any visible issues or odd sounds.

For some reason, I thought the interior fabric on the convertible top sat flush with that rear deck? Am I over thinking this; or, is there a valid reason the components aren't resting flush?

See photos. Maybe this is normal and I haven't noticed it before since the car is still fairly new to me.
I just checked, mine looks the same.

I wouldn't worry about it.
I did not even notice it till you pointed it out lol.
Enjoy the car, it's such a blast to drive top down.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 04:31 PM   #3
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
I’ve yet to own any BMW where panels lined up properly.

Definitely looks normal, my dad’s E88 and my E46 M3 convertibles looked like that.
Appreciate 2
      11-16-2018, 01:19 AM   #4
Danger-Zone
Mmmm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93 M3 DCT

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I checked with a good friend who's a mechanic at BMW. Said that's normal for all E93's. Whew. I guess I never noticed it until... I just noticed it.

Kinda like a hot chick you start dating. After a month, you start to see things a tad differently; even though, she's still hot