BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

10-27-2018, 08:21 PM   #67
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
I got mine from FCP's warranty, it's the OE Getrag replacement. Maybe my cap was defective?

All said and done, $850 parts/labor & got the blower motor cable recall done. Lesson learned. All good now!
What is the lesson learned?
Double check for parts fitment and triple check the work?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 05:53 PM   #68
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Come on now, scrapping or practically giving it away for pennies because of a DCT replacement? That's silly talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
never heard of scrapping a car bc the tranny went out, but i guess if you were looking for an out, its a good opportunity.
This...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
Why not just put a used DCT. If the car is paid off. There have been a few for sale on the forum for like $2k. That's nothing.
And this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooloud10 View Post
You're correct that you're not going to get much for the car as it sits, but I think you're vastly undervaluing even the worst running/driving E90 M3. Used DCTs are about $1500, and installing one and selling as a running vehicle will drastically increase the value of this car.

The cheapest on Autotrader right now is $15k, so I'm assuming the floor for a drivable M3 is about $10k, versus the $3k you'll get by selling it as-is.
And more this...

edit: Glad it lives on!

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2018, 06:37 PM   #69
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Come on now, scrapping or practically giving it away for pennies because of a DCT replacement? That's silly talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
never heard of scrapping a car bc the tranny went out, but i guess if you were looking for an out, its a good opportunity.
This...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
Why not just put a used DCT. If the car is paid off. There have been a few for sale on the forum for like $2k. That's nothing.
And this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooloud10 View Post
You're correct that you're not going to get much for the car as it sits, but I think you're vastly undervaluing even the worst running/driving E90 M3. Used DCTs are about $1500, and installing one and selling as a running vehicle will drastically increase the value of this car.

The cheapest on Autotrader right now is $15k, so I'm assuming the floor for a drivable M3 is about $10k, versus the $3k you'll get by selling it as-is.
And more this...

edit: Glad it lives on!
Indeed. I have to prep the car by the beginning of Dec for a road trip to Miami

Spark plugs, oil, filter, dinan air filter, cabin, and maybe the flex disc on deck. Stay tuned to my maint thread for those updates. In the meantime, i updated that to reflect 170k happenings
Appreciate 0