BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-02-2020, 06:20 AM   #1
mr_z4mc1m_oz
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupe & 1M

Recaro CS Seat Wiring

I'm currently in the process of getting some Recaro Sportster CS seats and then getting them re-trimmed the same as the performance seats.

From my research they work well with the Macht seat belt bracket and floor mount which apparently gets you low enough to the floor and better centred.

My only missing part of the equation is that I need the wiring and connector from a standard BMW seat which I believe is for the wiring for the airbag (I don't have heating or need electric adjustment). I'm just struggling to find the part numbers to see if I can source these from BMW without having the find a seat from the wreckers. I believe you can easily code out the passenger sensor mat.

Does anyone have an info on the wiring and connector required?

Thanks in advance.

Sold: 3 x 130i (White, Red & Black), Mk4 VW Golf R32, '03 Reno Clio Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 07:23 AM   #2
WhiteM3EMC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 White M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_z4mc1m_oz View Post
I'm currently in the process of getting some Recaro Sportster CS seats and then getting them re-trimmed the same as the performance seats.

From my research they work well with the Macht seat belt bracket and floor mount which apparently gets you low enough to the floor and better centred.

My only missing part of the equation is that I need the wiring and connector from a standard BMW seat which I believe is for the wiring for the airbag (I don't have heating or need electric adjustment). I'm just struggling to find the part numbers to see if I can source these from BMW without having the find a seat from the wreckers. I believe you can easily code out the passenger sensor mat.

Thanks in advance.
You can easily code the passenger sensor out, that's correct.

As far as the connectors, I just went through the process of installing some OMP racing seats in my car, and used the BK mounts with factory sliders. Speaking with BK, you can't buy just the connectors for the seats. Most of us that install race seats in our cars end up having to make custom wiring harnesses if we want to retain the power sliding seats or whatever else you want.

Do you not have the OEM seats anymore that you could take the wiring out of?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 05:32 PM   #3
mr_z4mc1m_oz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteM3EMC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_z4mc1m_oz View Post

Thanks in advance.
You can easily code the passenger sensor out, that's correct.

As far as the connectors, I just went through the process of installing some OMP racing seats in my car, and used the BK mounts with factory sliders. Speaking with BK, you can't buy just the connectors for the seats. Most of us that install race seats in our cars end up having to make custom wiring harnesses if we want to retain the power sliding seats or whatever else you want.

Do you not have the OEM seats anymore that you could take the wiring out of?
Thanks for your response.

It's for my 1M so I don't want to destroy the original seats just in case I want to put them back in one day.

A mate of mine just recommend I buy a standard pair of seats from a e8x or e9x car and use the wiring from these instead. They aren't the easiest to find though.

So I though it might be easier if I could buy the required wiring and connector from BMW directly as a mate of mine is a mechanic at BMW and can probably get the parts. He's just not sure what I need.

As mentioned my original seats don't have heating so I don't need that. And the new Recaro's are on manual rails so I don't need that.

So all I think I need is the airbag. And I don't know if there is any wiring associated with the seatbelt tensioner?? And I'm assuming no wiring is required if I'm coding out the passenger seat sensor??

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 10:17 PM   #4
derbo
Keeper of Blinky Lights
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beluga Whale

This post might be helpful for you to identify which pins are Airbags connectors.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=26
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 06:17 PM   #5
mr_z4mc1m_oz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
This post might be helpful for you to identify which pins are Airbags connectors.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...8;postcount=26
Thank you. This was helpful.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #6
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2012 E84 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...8;postcount=26
Yup I was just gonna post my thread haha. Glad it helped you
Appreciate 1