BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Mporium BMW

04-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #1277
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
your still on that? wow... get over it bruh had nothing to do with you anyways. its settled.
i never said it affected me in anyway... i was just pointing it out in order to make a point. Point was made. kfankz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Peace and Love to all!
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #1278
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hey Jason, are you going to have your car on Wednesday? I can't wait to see that beast!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 12:40 AM   #1279
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Question for Nick:

Explain to me how these "waterless car wash" guys claim that they won't leave any scratches on your car. That just seems impossible to me. Don't they just spray some chemical on the car and then wipe the dirt off (which would end up scratching the paint)??
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 12:42 AM   #1280
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Hey Jason, are you going to have your car on Wednesday? I can't wait to see that beast!

Quote:
Question for Nick:

Explain to me how these "waterless car wash" guys claim that they won't leave any scratches on your car. That just seems impossible to me. Don't they just spray some chemical on the car and then wipe the dirt off (which would end up scratching the paint)??
that just sounds funny... how do you wash a car without water?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 12:51 AM   #1281
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post

that just sounds funny... how do you wash a car without water?
I guess that's a no.

And you've never heard of a waterless car wash? They usually have these washes set up at mall parking lots. I'm not sure if the T.O. mall has it, but I know that the Topanga mall does. Here's an example:

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 01:00 AM   #1282
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
I guess that's a no.

has a liquid base... there's water in there!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 01:07 AM   #1283
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Well, yea.

You know what I meant lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 01:19 AM   #1284
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X5M

Quote:
I guess that's a no.

And you've never heard of a waterless car wash? They usually have these washes set up at mall parking lots. I'm not sure if the T.O. mall has it, but I know that the Topanga mall does. Here's an example:

what do you do when your car looks like this?
that seems more like an inbetween wash kind of thing.
Attached Images

04-18-2011, 01:23 AM   #1285
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
and i thought my car was dirty...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 01:27 AM   #1286
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

what should my next mod be guys????

1) Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
2) Stage 1 Matt Schnell Intake Charge Kit (Consists of hi-flow filter for stock airbox and scoops)
3) JB4 Upgrade
4) get my exhaust tips powder coated matte black
5) .............
      04-18-2011, 01:39 AM   #1287
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
that seems more like an inbetween wash kind of thing.
Haha, I've seen that pic before. That car is in need of a serious detail.

Quote:

2) Stage 1 Matt Schnell Intake Charge Kit (Consists of hi-flow filter for stock airbox and scoops)
3) JB4 Upgrade
5) .............
Coilovers!

Or at least some new struts/shocks and some springs.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 01:47 AM   #1288
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haha, I've seen that pic before. That car is in need of a serious detail.

Coilovers!

Or at least some new struts/shocks and some springs.
Nahhh im not going to go the coilover route. Haha I'm not like you Wes. I will get coilovers if I keep my 1 as a dedicated track car one day but for now its just to give an even all around drop to fill the gap with my tires.

I know you did that whole GoogleThis thing for Robert earlier but WTF is the difference if you get coilovers or upgrade your springs, shocks and struts? Is it because coilovers are adjustable....I dont get it
      04-18-2011, 02:01 AM   #1289
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nahhh im not going to go the coilover route. Haha I'm not like you Wes. I will get coilovers if I keep my 1 as a dedicated track car one day but for now its just to give an even all around drop to fill the gap with my tires.

I know you did that whole GoogleThis thing for Robert earlier but WTF is the difference if you get coilovers or upgrade your springs, shocks and struts? Is it because coilovers are adjustable....I dont get it
Huh, what GoogleThis are you talking about?

If you just change the springs and keep your stock struts/shocks, you are going to blow them because aftermarket springs are shorter than OEM ones and the spring rates are different. Once you blow your shocks/struts, your ride is going to become super bouncy and you will need to replace them with aftermarket ones so you might as well just get aftermarket ones in the first place.

Coilovers can do a few things. The very basic ones like the ST coilovers only allow you to adjust the height of the car, but more advanced ones like the KWV2 will let you adjust the heigh and dampening (rebound). Even more advanced coilovers will allow you to adjust the height, rebound dampening, and compression dampening. Additionally, you can add camber plates to any coilovers (I think).

Right now I think I'm going to go with the Koni Yellow struts/shocks because they have adjustable rebound dampening, which is more important to me than the height adjustment, and then pair them with some H&R sport springs (I like the drop of the H&R's).

The Koni Yellows and H&R sports should give the car a pretty noticeable improvement in handling. The whole setup is about $1200, installed and aligned.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 02:04 AM   #1290
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

H&R's give that raked look...at least on 135s they do. Really uneven drop on 1's but I think Jamie has H&R's
      04-18-2011, 02:06 AM   #1291
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
H&R's give that raked look...at least on 135s they do. Really uneven drop on 1's but I think Jamie has H&R's
Yea, I've read that. It isn't too bad on the e9x, though.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 02:20 AM   #1292
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
They are gone. It was a small hot rod shop he in Camarillo.

I've seen great things from Royal Muffler in the valley though.

D
They are really expensive...
See:

Quote:
Royal Muffler is pretty expensive from what I've heard.
You are right.

I think they wanted $2k from me to make an exhaust for my 335i....

Quote:
I never listen to music very loud so I don't care much for extreme bass. If my music is too loud, I'm afraid of my speakers blowing up.
I have never heard of a new car having blown speakers.
I thought stock cars had it so you couldn't turn the volume past breaking point?
I blasted music in my 335i without issues...

Quote:

I really like the Logic 7 sound system. For a real audiophile, it probably isn't the greatest sound system, but it's great for me!
You should hear the one in the M, it's better from my ears.
And from my reading, the base system in the m is the Logic7 you have in the regular 3 series.
so the M's premium is another step above Logic7

Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
your still on that? wow... get over it bruh had nothing to do with you anyways. its settled.
As we said before...things don't blow over in a day.
Haven't you seen the tags in OT about me? And the stuff people say?
A lot of those are where people twisted what one of my posts... simple as that and it's been on there for weeks.

Quote:
Peace and Love to all!
+1

Quote:

3) JB4 Upgrade
5) .............
Don't waste your money on an intake charge kit
The stock intake in the n54 is surprisingly very well designed.
I actually lost whp with my previous BMS DCI when I had the stock hood (slight gain when I had a vented hood). But I only did it for the sound lol

What suspension do you have now? If you're stock, I say do suspension.
Otherwise, upgraded to the Jb4, you'll love it. Lmk when you want to do it and I'll schedule you with Terry; he's out of upgrade kits for now though

Listen to this man:

Quote:
If you just change the springs and keep your stock struts/shocks, you are going to blow them because aftermarket springs are shorter than OEM ones and the spring rates are different. Once you blow your shocks/struts, your ride is going to become super bouncy and you will need to replace them with aftermarket ones so you might as well just get aftermarket ones in the first place.

Coilovers can do a few things. The very basic ones like the ST coilovers only allow you to adjust the height of the car, but more advanced ones like the KWV2 will let you adjust the heigh and dampening (rebound). Even more advanced coilovers will allow you to adjust the height, rebound dampening, and compression dampening. Additionally, you can add camber plates to any coilovers (I think).

Right now I think I'm going to go with the Koni Yellow struts/shocks because they have adjustable rebound dampening, which is more important to me than the height adjustment, and then pair them with some H&R sport springs (I like the drop of the H&R's).

The Koni Yellows and H&R sports should give the car a pretty noticeable improvement in handling. The whole setup is about $1200, installed and aligned.
Wes: why not just get FK Silverline+ coilovers?
They're no V2s, but they're Koni yellows with FK springs, and you can adjust the height on them without issue.
They're basically V2s, except the rear Konis aren't Stainless steal.

I didn't love them... As I had wished I had spent the extra $$ on KW V2s, but they were still a great set.
On the stiffest setting, it was hard on my (weak) back, but the handling was superb.
With those coils, my sway bars and strut bar (well, and wider and better tires..), I can honestly say the handling was on par with my M in Sport+.
Not on high speed corners, but in tight canyons and such without a doubt the car handled amazingly.
Consider that it was a 2 ton vert as well
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 02:34 AM   #1293
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I have never heard of a new car having blown speakers.
I thought stock cars had it so you couldn't turn the volume past breaking point?
I blasted music in my 335i without issues...
That makes sense, but I'm always afraid of something breaking lol.

Quote:
You should hear the one in the M, it's better from my ears.
And from my reading, the base system in the m is the Logic7 you have in the regular 3 series.
so the M's premium is another step above Logic7
I'm not sure if the base system in the M is the Logic 7, but I wouldn't be surprised. I haven't heard the upgraded sound system so I can't comment on it, but I have read some comments about people being very disappointed. I probably couldn't tell the difference, though. Like I said, I'm no audiophile.

Quote:
Wes: why not just get FK Silverline+ coilovers?
They're no V2s, but they're Koni yellows with FK springs, and you can adjust the height on them without issue.
They're basically V2s, except the rear Konis aren't Stainless steal.

I didn't love them... As I had wished I had spent the extra $$ on KW V2s, but they were still a great set.
On the stiffest setting, it was hard on my (weak) back, but the handling was superb.
With those coils, my sway bars and strut bar (well, and wider and better tires..), I can honestly say the handling was on par with my M in Sport+.
Not on high speed corners, but in tight canyons and such without a doubt the car handled amazingly.
Consider that it was a 2 ton vert as well
The other day, I read a comment about the struts breaking on the FK's. I'm sure that doesn't happen all the time, but it worries me. Also, for the price of the FK's, I'd rather spend a little more and get the HPA kit. With the linear springs, the HPA kit should be much, much better. The HPA kit would cost me nearly twice as much as the Koni Yellow/H&R Sport, unfortunately. I'm not sure if I want to spend that much.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 03:09 AM   #1294
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:

The other day, I read a comment about the struts breaking on the FK's. I'm sure that doesn't happen all the time, but it worries me. Also, for the price of the FK's, I'd rather spend a little more and get the HPA kit. With the linear springs, the HPA kit should be much, much better. The HPA kit would cost me nearly twice as much as the Koni Yellow/H&R Sport, unfortunately. I'm not sure if I want to spend that much.
What do FKs cost now?

I got mine for $1000 shipped brand new
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #1295
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Question for Nick:

You basically take the product and mix it with water so you still need water. Using the two bucket method you soak the wash mitt in the solution and start washing each section of the car and the solution and I guess the special forumula is very lubricated so that it is supposed to bond with the car's paint and trap the dirt particles so that there's no abrasion as you wipe.

I've never tried it personally but I've heard good things about it. I believe the other vendors detailedimage and detaildomain carry the ONR (optimum no rinse) product and supposedly they work great. I personally am hesitant to try the product though but I probably should give it a go. Especially since I have a jet black car, I'd be worried that I won't rinse the mitt often enough in between sections of the car..especially if the car is filthy. It's like the baceteria hand sanitizers. I know it's supposed to kill 99.9 percent of the germs but I still wouldnt lick my fingers while eating some wingstop nom nom nom.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #1296
mot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 AW M3 6MT

I notice the rear end of my car gets filthy extremely fast. Weekly washes are now necessary.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #1297
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
I notice the rear end of my car gets filthy extremely fast. Weekly washes are now necessary.
yeah that's normal. That's why when you do wash it you're supposed to wash the bumpers and side skirts last. when are you coming in for a detail??? lol
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #1298
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
For a real audiophile the premium system in te m is not amazing. But compared to other stock systems it is pretty good. Good enough that I only felt like I needed a sub in the trunk. I used to install stereos for a living and have had a custom system in every car I've owned.

D
Appreciate 0