BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

10-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #67
spectrumphoto
Just another peanut in the Turd!
United_States
Rep
Drives: g16M850;f30M550;f80M3-ED;e90M3

Wow... wish BMWNA would contact me, The random audio PoP and iDrive freeze is getting very annoying as is my whistling weatherstrip on the drivers side...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #68
jbroosen
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Convertible

Garage List
Its FINALLY fixed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbroosen View Post
ARGHH. I am so glad I am not the only one. I took delivery of my M3 Convertible in early May. I was so excited as to have the first one delivered... the convertible wasn't even listed on the website yet....I should have known better to buy the "first" of ANYTHING. My car is now at the shop for the 3rd time for the dreaded "popping" noise. The first one happened the day I picked it up. I was actually pulling out of the dealership and I thought a rock had hit my window. I chalked it up to maybe it won't happen again. Wishful thinking. It has repeatedly happened usually after driving for longer periods of time ie an hour or so. This isn't my daily driver so its September now and of course everytime I bring it in, it doesn't replicate. I just finished picking it up after the service advisor said they had reset the system and it should be fine now. Well low and behold after leaving the dealership it "popped" again. Needless to say I made a U-turn and drove directly back to the dealership. One thing I did notice was after the pop, my screen said "phone not connected, contact BMW roadside assistance" then the screen went back to normal and the volume of the radio continued. I am so not wanting to deal with having another lemon case. I have already gone through an 04 Range Rover, an 05 LR3 and an 05 SL55 that had a constant supercharger problem. I came to BMW because of the "maintenance" program. Currently my M3 is at the dealership and of course the shope foreman is going to escalate it. My question is, if somebody from BMW NA has already responded to someone on this website, why aren't they notifying dealers that there is a problem and to be on the look out and not send someone home saying the problem has been "reset" and you shouldn't have the problem again. My situation is my closest dealer is 45 miles one way to my home and is VERY inconvenient to drive and pay for the gas excess mileage etc to bring something that should be working. As well as have to pay the dealer a $11.00 usage fee to drive a mediocre 335 sedan. Now I guess I am venting.... Hopefully that same rep will contact me. My email is jbroosen@yahoo.com if anyone wants to commiserate on their "loaded" M3
I am happy to report that my problems with the "popping" noise has been fixed....I had brought it in and it was at the dealer for a couple of days and my advisor called me to inform me it was "fixed", I came back to pick it up and low and behold on the way home... the "pop' came back. I immediately went back and left the car for about a week. During that time, I was very fortunate the service advisor heard the pop and was able to convey it to the service technicians. They replaced the amplifier and that has fixed the noise. I knew it was a malfunction in the head unit or speakers or amp. So I am pleased to report that it is fixed. I had mine fixed at Scottsdale BMW in North Scottsdale. The manager of the service department was instrumental in taking care of this with BMW NA. I am sure if you call the Service Manager or even have your advisor call the other dealer, I am sure they will be happy to give the "fix"
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 11:50 AM   #69
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Vert / 535i Twin turbo

http://www.http://www.bimmerfest.com...d.php?t=331752

See this thread over at Bimmerfest.com....apparently, the extended sound system amp overheats and shuts down. The early build - through March '08 had this problem and the fix is to have the amp replaced with an updated amp with a cooling fan.

Sorry, I don't know how to post a link!

Good luck!
Appreciate 0