BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

02-06-2015, 11:38 PM   #23
Brian_Fantana
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Alpine white E90 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raek View Post
I just got off the phone with Elliot with my Forgestar order and he seems to be an excellent customer service rep.

I'm thinking that Forgestar may be a difficult company to work with. Also got the "your two front wheels didn't pass quality inspection" speech.

I'd rather wait the time than have any imperfections. Luckily it's still winter. Plus, we went ahead and did 9.5" fronts instead of 10" (my bragging rights are gone...booooo).

Anyway...I really don't think it's MB's fault. Seems like things at Forgestar can get pretty aggravating.
I'm not sure you actually read the thread and understood my point of contention.
      02-07-2015, 10:26 AM   #24
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, '17 Macan GTS

Ahhh...ok. I was reading on the app, and it somewhat convolutes everything. Also, I was just kind of nervous due to getting the "imperfections" phone call.
      02-07-2015, 04:15 PM   #25
Wilsel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Currently seeking

I almost ordered some Forgestars from them myself a couple months ago. Glad I didn't now.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #26
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Well, OP....what's the verdict?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 08:57 PM   #27
Brian_Fantana
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname
Well, OP....what's the verdict?
Well, I'm ashamed to say that I have not received tracking yet and have not called my CC company. I was told that Forgestar was going to need till the end of this week last Friday. My response was incredulous. I said that it doesn't take 5 days to strip and powder coat a wheel and that my wheel should be first in line so there was no reason Friday was an acceptable timeline.

The reason I'm holding on? Well, I want these wheels! That and I have asked that my perfect storm of issues be compensated with Bodbargains/Forgestar eating the cost on the 4th wheel that has been the bane of my existence. Elliott has been trying to keep me informed with updates. Monday he said that Forgestar committed to completing the wheel on 2/10 or 2/12, but once again that fell through.

Im just shocked with the whole disaster. I feel like I'm working with a government agency almost where deadlines dont exist and how dare anyone have expectations. Elliot is trying though, of that I'm certain. It feels like his hands are tied by his management and Forgestar.

I have set a new deadline though of 2/13. I'm thinking now that everyone at both companies realizes its a big deal that I will get results. Perhaps I'm an idiot to believe what I'm being told. I will post how it all turns out.

I'm curious though would you guys hold on if the 4th wheel was free?
      02-11-2015, 09:26 PM   #28
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Fantana View Post
Well, I'm ashamed to say that I have not received tracking yet and have not called my CC company. I was told that Forgestar was going to need till the end of this week last Friday. My response was incredulous. I said that it doesn't take 5 days to strip and powder coat a wheel and that my wheel should be first in line so there was no reason Friday was an acceptable timeline.

The reason I'm holding on? Well, I want these wheels! That and I have asked that my perfect storm of issues be compensated with Bodbargains/Forgestar eating the cost on the 4th wheel that has been the bane of my existence. Elliott has been trying to keep me informed with updates. Monday he said that Forgestar committed to completing the wheel on 2/10 or 2/12, but once again that fell through.

Im just shocked with the whole disaster. I feel like I'm working with a government agency almost where deadlines dont exist and how dare anyone have expectations. Elliot is trying though, of that I'm certain. It feels like his hands are tied by his management and Forgestar.

I have set a new deadline though of 2/13. I'm thinking now that everyone at both companies realizes its a big deal that I will get results. Perhaps I'm an idiot to believe what I'm being told. I will post how it all turns out.

I'm curious though would you guys hold on if the 4th wheel was free?
If you are willing to hold on until......who knows when, why start the thread? I know these threads can bring attention to your concern but it seems like you just needed to vent a little. If you want the wheels why ask for opinions. I would say just wait it out at this point. I'm sure the vendor will compensate you........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 11:27 AM   #29
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Its really Forgestar. I have read some other problems about ordering wheels.

When a brand you sell, becomes a problem and shines a negative light on your own business. It is time to start thinking about dropping it from your site.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 12:39 PM   #30
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

A few years ago, Elliott helped me out with a set of F14's for my dad's 911 (he's also the same guy that helped me out with two different sets for my Z as well). The wait times always exceeded the estimate of completion, but he's always been willing to compensate me for my time whether it be some detailing goodies or some lug bolts for the 911.

I know not every company is perfect, but if you're willing to wait for the wheels at this point, just give 'em a chance to earn your future business back.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 12:40 PM   #31
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post

When a brand you sell, becomes a problem and shines a negative light on your own business. It is time to start thinking about dropping it from your site.
This. As much as I enjoyed their wheels on my car and on my dad's car, their completion times are atrocious - and even more so when they consistently go past their estimation.

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 08:26 PM   #32
Brian_Fantana
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post

This. As much as I enjoyed their wheels on my car and on my dad's car, their completion times are atrocious - and even more so when they consistently go past their estimation.
Its slightly upsetting that people post "its really forgestar".

Who did I buy my wheels from? Bodbargains

Who kept telling me they would ship? Bodbargains

While I understand that forgestar made the wheels and they were relaying info given to them how long do you let the manf. say oh they'll be done tomorrow? Would you not expect a customer to be upset when your order continues to be postponed? If you were in bodbargains shoes and had a manf. Screwing you around with completion dates and upsetting a customer would you not get upset with them? Is bodbargains powerless here? If they have no power and their business does't matter to forgestar they should absolutely stop distributing their product.

Heres another example, 10 days ago my CSR at Bodbargains said he'd talk to his boss about compensation for my troubles at the beginning of last week. So that would have been 2/9. Guess what, I'm still waiting for that conversation to happen. It doesn't take 10 days for someone to talk to their boss. Send an email a text or call them on the phone.

On a brighter note I was given tracking that my wheels have shipped. It just seems super unprofessional to not have said heres your tracking and heres what we are offering you for your troubles.

So feel free to say its really forgestar. All that means is you have not fully read this post.
      02-16-2015, 08:19 AM   #33
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Fantana View Post
Its slightly upsetting that people post "its really forgestar".

Who did I buy my wheels from? Bodbargains

Who kept telling me they would ship? Bodbargains

While I understand that forgestar made the wheels and they were relaying info given to them how long do you let the manf. say oh they'll be done tomorrow? Would you not expect a customer to be upset when your order continues to be postponed? If you were in bodbargains shoes and had a manf. Screwing you around with completion dates and upsetting a customer would you not get upset with them? Is bodbargains powerless here? If they have no power and their business does't matter to forgestar they should absolutely stop distributing their product.

Heres another example, 10 days ago my CSR at Bodbargains said he'd talk to his boss about compensation for my troubles at the beginning of last week. So that would have been 2/9. Guess what, I'm still waiting for that conversation to happen. It doesn't take 10 days for someone to talk to their boss. Send an email a text or call them on the phone.

On a brighter note I was given tracking that my wheels have shipped. It just seems super unprofessional to not have said heres your tracking and heres what we are offering you for your troubles.

So feel free to say its really forgestar. All that means is you have not fully read this post.
While **********s dropped the ball on the informational side, it really is Forgestar who kept fucking around, though. Does that absolve MB in your case? Absolutely not. There's definitely some extra steps to take to make sure the customer is happy while reaming your supplier to get their shit together.

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 05:23 PM   #34
boyerstyle
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Updates??
      02-25-2015, 10:01 PM   #35
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Mistake #1 was ordering garbage Forgestars

Mistake #2 is trusting Mod Bargains so many times (funny how their name is blocked on M3post)

Cancel this order or file a charge back with your CC ASAP if you haven't already.

Great customer service from both companies... not
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 03:47 PM   #36
mir-ali604
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

I am having the exact same problem with my Forgestar rims and the same rep. I ordered rims last summer, 355 days ago today and when I got them, the rims had spotted powdercoating. I spent until february (2015) going back and forth with them until I was told that "the supplier" was now willing to cover the shipping charges and powdercoating again. I just spoke to the Forgestar rep for Bodbargains, Steve and he just told me that **********s does all the powdercoating on the wheels, not Forgestar. Bodbargains is a fraud company. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 04:27 PM   #37
Brian_Fantana
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali604
I am having the exact same problem with my Forgestar rims and the same rep. I ordered rims last summer, 355 days ago today and when I got them, the rims had spotted powdercoating. I spent until february (2015) going back and forth with them until I was told that "the supplier" was now willing to cover the shipping charges and powdercoating again. I just spoke to the Forgestar rep for Bodbargains, Steve and he just told me that **********s does all the powdercoating on the wheels, not Forgestar. Bodbargains is a fraud company. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Oh wow! I'm super sorry to hear that. Moral of the story don't use bodbargains and don't order a custom forgestar wheel. If it's not in stock when you go to buy it never will be.

Mine finally showed up though after 3 months. They gave me a credit of $100 which was laughable. The stories they create are pretty unbelievable. Just shoot it straight! Hashtag that's what she said.
Attached Images

06-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #38
w0ady
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Seems like companies these days have forgotten what customer service really is.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic273443_2.gif
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 03:16 AM   #39
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

I have ordered from them before with no issues. What kept me away from Forgestar is exactly what you went through. When I called them they told me the lead time is 6-8 weeks, but when I called Forgestar directly they told me 3 mos. Thats one of the reasons I went with the VMR V810s which are also FlowFormed. I had to time the sale of my OEM wheels as I had absolutely no place to store them until I sold them.

Car looks great man.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 01:02 PM   #40
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

I was seriously considering ordering some custom Forgestars but after reading through this thread I don't think I would have been happy with that decision. Thanks for sharing and sorry for your troubles!
      06-27-2016, 11:24 PM   #41
335diesel
Rep
Drives: 335d Alpine White

Wish I read this thread before I went ahead with the order last week. They lied to me every single day and I didn't get a tracking number until 5 days after my order was placed. I told them I would not order unless they could ship within 24 hours so they just said "sure we can do that" and then sat on my order ignoring my emails.
Appreciate 0