BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

04-17-2019, 03:12 PM   #89
M3ANMACHINE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3-SG-FR-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Great thread! Keep modding!!

For me, I just want a exhaust that will sound good all the time and not have crazy drone, that's why I went with the ACM mod, and I have no regrets!

I just don't want to always be playing with the valves because i'm lazy lol
Understandable!

UPDATE:
Corsa has been reinstalled.
I really enjoyed the Bomiz, however it just wasn't for me personally. Bit too loud when valves open (paired with Test Pipes), and too quiet when closed.
The Corsa fortunately was the sweet spot for me in terms of tone and volume.
Bomiz system has been sold to a local member today who will be installing today as well.

Secondly, I will be swapping the tips on my Corsa again. I originally had went with dual 90mm tips which fit great prior to my rear diffuser install, albeit a bit too long (like 1/2"), but they are unfortunately a tiny bit too large and have been rubbing my diffuser a tad. I will be downsizing to 80mm tips (which is what my Bomiz tips were and I liked the look), so I will be selling my 90mm tips for cheap.
All you'll need to do is have a competent muffler shop chop off the stock Corsa tips and weld these on. The length is more suitable for a Coupé, but will fit an E90 M3 WITH diffuser as long as it is more of a low profile style. HMU if you're interested!

1 of 3 - 2011 E90///M3 | Space Grey | Fox Red | DCT | ZCP | Slicktop
APEX | BIMMERWORLD | COBY WHEEL | CORSA | H&R | IND | MACHT SCHNELL | MRF ENGINEERING | PEDALHAUS
2014 F15 X5 | Space Grey | M-Sport
Appreciate 2
      04-17-2019, 05:21 PM   #90
Drifter2090
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E53 X5 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Great thread! Keep modding!!

For me, I just want a exhaust that will sound good all the time and not have crazy drone, that's why I went with the ACM mod, and I have no regrets!

I just don't want to always be playing with the valves because i'm lazy lol
Understandable!

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]UPDATE:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
I really enjoyed the Bomiz, however it just wasn't for me personally. Bit too loud when valves open (paired with Test Pipes), and too quiet when closed.
The Corsa fortunately was the sweet spot for me in terms of tone and volume.
Bomiz system has been sold to a local member today who will be installing today as well.

Secondly, I will be swapping the tips on my Corsa again. I originally had went with dual 90mm tips which fit great prior to my rear diffuser install, albeit a bit too long (like 1/2"), but they are unfortunately a tiny bit too large and have been rubbing my diffuser a tad. I will be downsizing to 80mm tips (which is what my Bomiz tips were and I liked the look), so I will be selling my 90mm tips for cheap.
All you'll need to do is have a competent muffler shop chop off the stock Corsa tips and weld these on. The length is more suitable for a Coupé, but will fit an E90 M3 WITH diffuser as long as it is more of a low profile style. HMU if you're interested!
Had a feeling you were going to switch back haha, I'm gonna start looking for a corsa to replace my ACM in the future
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2019, 05:57 PM   #91
Aktavate
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Red

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
2002 911 Turbo  [0.00]
Quote:
Were you ever able to get clips with the bomiz similar to the ones you did with corsa? I really like my bomiz with stock xpipe and am afraid of making it too loud with a different xpipe
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #92
M3ANMACHINE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktavate View Post
Quote:
Were you ever able to get clips with the bomiz similar to the ones you did with corsa? I really like my bomiz with stock xpipe and am afraid of making it too loud with a different xpipe
Unfortunately no. I really wanted to but work has been so busy the past few months that i wasn't able to make time to go make a video.

What Xpipe are you running?

APEX | BIMMERWORLD | COBY WHEEL | CORSA | H&R | IND | MACHT SCHNELL | MRF ENGINEERING | PEDALHAUS
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 08:52 PM   #93
shimmy23
e90 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: e90 IB M3

I told ya!!

e90 IB journal

Appreciate 2
derbo789.00

04-17-2019, 11:05 PM   #94
Aktavate
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Red

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
2002 911 Turbo  [0.00]
Quote:
Unfortunately no. I really wanted to but work has been so busy the past few months that i wasn't able to make time to go make a video.

Ah bummer, none yet but considering getting one as I'd like open to be just a little bit louder.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 11:54 PM   #95
M3ANMACHINE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktavate View Post
Quote:

Ah bummer, none yet but considering getting one as I'd like open to be just a little bit louder.
Ah misread your original post.
Personally, it was too loud for me with Test Pipes when open. I think it's perfect with stock Xpipe.

Appreciate 0