BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

GetBMWParts

04-17-2019, 03:12 PM   #89
M3ANMACHINE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3-SG-FR-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Great thread! Keep modding!!

For me, I just want a exhaust that will sound good all the time and not have crazy drone, that's why I went with the ACM mod, and I have no regrets!

I just don't want to always be playing with the valves because i'm lazy lol
Understandable!

UPDATE:
Corsa has been reinstalled.
I really enjoyed the Bomiz, however it just wasn't for me personally. Bit too loud when valves open (paired with Test Pipes), and too quiet when closed.
The Corsa fortunately was the sweet spot for me in terms of tone and volume.
Bomiz system has been sold to a local member today who will be installing today as well.

Secondly, I will be swapping the tips on my Corsa again. I originally had went with dual 90mm tips which fit great prior to my rear diffuser install, albeit a bit too long (like 1/2"), but they are unfortunately a tiny bit too large and have been rubbing my diffuser a tad. I will be downsizing to 80mm tips (which is what my Bomiz tips were and I liked the look), so I will be selling my 90mm tips for cheap.
All you'll need to do is have a competent muffler shop chop off the stock Corsa tips and weld these on. The length is more suitable for a Coupé, but will fit an E90 M3 WITH diffuser as long as it is more of a low profile style. HMU if you're interested!

1 of 3 - 2011 E90///M3 | Space Grey | Fox Red | DCT | ZCP | Slicktop
APEX | ALPINEMSS | BIMMERWORLD | COBY WHEEL | CORSA | H&R | IND | MACHT SCHNELL | MRF ENGINEERING | PEDALHAUS
Appreciate 2
      04-17-2019, 05:21 PM   #90
Drifter2090
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E53 X5 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Great thread! Keep modding!!

For me, I just want a exhaust that will sound good all the time and not have crazy drone, that's why I went with the ACM mod, and I have no regrets!

I just don't want to always be playing with the valves because i'm lazy lol
Understandable!

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]UPDATE:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
I really enjoyed the Bomiz, however it just wasn't for me personally. Bit too loud when valves open (paired with Test Pipes), and too quiet when closed.
The Corsa fortunately was the sweet spot for me in terms of tone and volume.
Bomiz system has been sold to a local member today who will be installing today as well.

Secondly, I will be swapping the tips on my Corsa again. I originally had went with dual 90mm tips which fit great prior to my rear diffuser install, albeit a bit too long (like 1/2"), but they are unfortunately a tiny bit too large and have been rubbing my diffuser a tad. I will be downsizing to 80mm tips (which is what my Bomiz tips were and I liked the look), so I will be selling my 90mm tips for cheap.
All you'll need to do is have a competent muffler shop chop off the stock Corsa tips and weld these on. The length is more suitable for a Coupé, but will fit an E90 M3 WITH diffuser as long as it is more of a low profile style. HMU if you're interested!
Had a feeling you were going to switch back haha, I'm gonna start looking for a corsa to replace my ACM in the future
MB-OY E90 335d / Sport Package / Individual Audio / Premium Package
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2019, 05:57 PM   #91
Aktavate
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Red

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
2002 911 Turbo  [0.00]
Quote:
Were you ever able to get clips with the bomiz similar to the ones you did with corsa? I really like my bomiz with stock xpipe and am afraid of making it too loud with a different xpipe
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #92
M3ANMACHINE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktavate View Post
Quote:
Were you ever able to get clips with the bomiz similar to the ones you did with corsa? I really like my bomiz with stock xpipe and am afraid of making it too loud with a different xpipe
Unfortunately no. I really wanted to but work has been so busy the past few months that i wasn't able to make time to go make a video.

What Xpipe are you running?

APEX | ALPINEMSS | BIMMERWORLD | COBY WHEEL | CORSA | H&R | IND | MACHT SCHNELL | MRF ENGINEERING | PEDALHAUS
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 08:52 PM   #93
shimmy23
e90 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: e90 IB M3

I told ya!!

e90 IB journal

Appreciate 2
derbo912.50

04-17-2019, 11:05 PM   #94
Aktavate
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Red

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
2002 911 Turbo  [0.00]
Quote:
Unfortunately no. I really wanted to but work has been so busy the past few months that i wasn't able to make time to go make a video.

Ah bummer, none yet but considering getting one as I'd like open to be just a little bit louder.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 11:54 PM   #95
M3ANMACHINE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktavate View Post
Quote:

Ah bummer, none yet but considering getting one as I'd like open to be just a little bit louder.
Ah misread your original post.
Personally, it was too loud for me with Test Pipes when open. I think it's perfect with stock Xpipe.

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 02:26 PM   #96
M3ANMACHINE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

July 2019
75,000 Miles

WHAT:
Install Dash Cam (Hardwire Method)

Manufacturer: BlackVue
Model: DR590W-2CH (Front & Rear)

After seeing SO MANY crazy dash cam videos on the interwebz lately of all the idiot drivers out there, as well as encountering countless amounts of them during my daily travels, I decided to bite the bullet and install one on my own car.

After a bit of research I decided on BlackVue for the brand but wasn't sure about the model that would best suit my needs. I knew I wanted front and rear recording, and after considering all of the options, I ultimately decided that I did not need the camera to record while my car is parked (switched off) since my car is always garaged, and VERY RARELY am I parked outside in an area that could be considered sketchy. Also, at work, my car is right outside the window of my office, so all good there.

BlackVue has a wide variety of options and features available and I didn't want to have to deal with pulling a memory card out to get footage off the camera, or turning the camera on/off manually, so the model that checked all the boxes was the DR590W-2CH. you can see it here: https://www.blackvue.com/dr590w-2ch/
This is a WiFi enabled dash cam so you simply press a button on the camera to enable WiFi, connect your phone to the camera's WiFi network and access & download whatever footage you need to via the BlackVue app. It really is extremely convenient! Also, both the front & rear cameras record in full 1080p, so the quality is great!

I ordered the camera with the hardwire cable as well as the smallest offered 16gb memory card. I figured that if I did ever get into some sort of incident, I would pull the footage immediately, so I don't need a ton of memory to look back thru. Even so, with the 16gb microSD, I am able to hold about 36 hours of footage from both the front and rear cameras, so it was more than sufficient. Also, the cameras will be a great addition for track-day recording!

As far as installation is concerned, it was very straightforward. Essentially you start by placing the cameras where you want (pictures below), then running the power from the front camera to, in my case, the fuse box behind the glovebox (However you have the option of simply plugging into the cigarette lighter outlet if desired), then running the power cord to the rear camera FROM the front camera. I simply tapped the BlackVue power into the same FuseTap that I have my V1 Radar wired up to, and I was good to go! I hid all the wiring in the headliner gaskets around the top of the dash and up and around the top passenger side roof gasket. Very clean install!

So far the BlackVue has already come in handy a few times to show my friends and family some of the lunatic drivers and close-calls that have occurred while driving, but i'm hoping that I will never have to use it for an actual accident! *knock on wood*

Overall, would definitely recommend for the affordability (~$275), ease of install, and most importantly, the peace of mind associated with it!

Box:

Front Install Location (and view of the rear camera as well):

Rear Install Location (right under the 3rd brake light - I also hid all of the additional wiring within the 3rd brake light housing):

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 03:11 PM   #97
derbo
Keeper of Blinky Lights
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beluga Whale

Looks good man!

I installed a 590 2CH on wife's M2. Since the M2 fusebox is in the trunk, I went with Mirror taps with built-in fuses to tap into the mirror harness. I found that reflections hindering the quality of the videos so I ended up buying a polarizer for the front.

https://www.thedashcamstore.com/slip...-front-camera/

They go on sale sometimes.
      07-13-2019, 03:22 PM   #98
M3ANMACHINE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Looks good man!

I installed a 590 2CH on wife's M2. Since the M2 fusebox is in the trunk, I went with Mirror taps with built-in fuses to tap into the mirror harness. I found that reflections hindering the quality of the videos so I ended up buying a polarizer for the front.

https://www.thedashcamstore.com/slip...-front-camera/

They go on sale sometimes.
That polarizer is a great idea! I may need to get one of those for my front cam as the reflection is definitely present sometimes! Thanks for the reference!

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 07:55 PM   #99
cvstar9M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR e90ZCP 6-MT

Great build bro... looks like you take care and enjoy the car tons. Great updates too; I started a build a while back but haven't posted on it in a while and car has a had a lot done to it lol...yours have inspired me to reactivate it.