BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
hawkerdriver
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Euro Trip

Hi All,

I'm about to leave for Munich to pick up the little beast

here is my route map so far

http://g.co/maps/nbybc

Let me know if you have any advise on hotels along the way and recent pass closures.

Was thinking of driving about 4-500 Km a day, will be in Europe for 9 days, but last 4 will have to be with visiting family .

Thanks all
C
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
OldenburgerM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 Coupe

just got back from there, a few ideas to consider:
between A and B, your west-loop, not sure what's there but if you make it an eastern loop you can hit up the Kehlsteinhaus (Eagle's Nest) in Berchtesgaden, and pick up the German Alpine Road (Deutsche Alpenstrasse, google it) from there towards Fuessen (basically the 305 and 307 westbound), and abort southbound whenever.
If you're interested in a castle, hit up the Burg Hohenzollern, near Hechingen south of Stuttgart. You'll be fairly close with your Schwarzwald route.
Dortmund has the "world's largest indoor go-kart track", they have happy hour most days during the week. Alternatively you can find Schumacher's home track in Kerpen if you like racing, both near your route.
A31 north of Essen is a great road to go fast on, especially on weekends. By then you'll have 1200 miles. May want to consider a detour before you hit up Holland with their 110km/h limit.
Avoid the Autobahn, or driving altogether, on Friday afternoon anywhere near Dortmund/Duesseldorf/Essen and Frankfurt, Suttgart, etc.

Don't forget the toll sticker for Austria. There will be 'last chance' signs in Germany.

Gas is around $8-9/gallon, but i'm sure you knew that. I spent over 600 Euros in gas.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
awesome. thanks for the info. welcome back and congrats
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
seldon80
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Be advised that I don't think Google Maps properly maps the Grossglockner. From what I've read, the best way to force it to take the proper road is to plot from Zell Am See to Heiligenblut (appears as highway 107).

So your modified route would look like this:
http://g.co/maps/qgamt

Also, they got a pretty heavy snowstorm through there the other week. Much of the snow has disappeared, but I'd just keep an eye on it.

http://www.grossglockner.at/en/servi...f-einen-blick/

Same for Stelvio Pass. Looks clear right now, but it definitely had some major snow a few weeks ago.
http://webcam.popso.it/cm/pages/Serv...IT/IDPagina/66
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
hawkerdriver
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

That's awesome information.
Many thanks!

As far as The Netherlands, yes I know they are not easy with speed traps and cameras everywhere.
I grew up there till I was 19
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
edgar
Rep
Drives: M3

nice!
Appreciate 0