BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

EXXEL Distributions

09-30-2018, 11:46 AM   #1
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Lewis!

Attached Images

Appreciate 6
      09-30-2018, 12:57 PM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
      09-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #3
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
can you imagine Max in a Benz next year? that would be epic....
Appreciate 2
      09-30-2018, 01:27 PM   #4
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
can you imagine Max in a Benz next year? that would be epic....
I would pay for it !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
Poiseuille5362.00
MKSixer34171.50
Robin_NL8679.50
      09-30-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
Abdul Karim
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Yes this is a German engineering car. Without Ron Dennis, Hamilton would be nothing.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 03:01 PM   #6
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Bernd Von Ottovorde View Post
Quote:
Yes this is a German engineering car. Without Ron Dennis, Hamilton would be nothing.
having Ron Dennis as your benefactor is a very good thing, it would be stupid to say otherwise. And surely the Benz is the best car in F1. Nevertheless, we might enquire of Fernando, Nico and Valtteri if Lewis is "nothing". That's sort of goofy, tbh.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      09-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #7
Abdul Karim
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
having Ron Dennis as your benefactor is a very good thing, it would be stupid to say otherwise. And surly the Benz is the best car in F1. Nevertheless, we might enquire of Fernando, Nico and Valtteri if Lewis is "nothing". That's sort of goofy, tbh.
Apologies, as English is not my first language but this is not what I meant. When Lewis was a boy, he was given to support from McLaren. When he first went onto F1 he went into McLaren which was best car. As a driver he is great. But never forget all support he has in the past.
Appreciate 4
Poiseuille5362.00
MKSixer34171.50
shay2nak1070.00
Timujin351.50
      09-30-2018, 03:32 PM   #8
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
First, let me assure you that your English is a lot better than my German.
I did understand your reference to Ron Dennis, and I actually agree with it. It was your use of the word "nothing" (nichts) in that context that got my attention, but I understand the translation issue. No harm done. That Lewis has managed to land in the right place at the right time has clearly been a factor in his success, just as the reverse has been true for Fernando. Poor old Fernando.
Roger Penske's dismissal of "luck" in favor of "preparation" is refuted in the long history of motorsports. Lewis has indeed been very lucky in his career choices while others have been less so, reference Fernando yet again.
Having said all that, I admit that at the time I was sure Lewis had lost his mind leaving McClaren for Benz. I expect I wasn't alone in that view. As it turned out, Lewis knew exactly what he was doing. I think Lewis always knows what he's doing.
I apologize that my previous response was a bit harsh, I should have realized there was a translation issue happening.
Appreciate 4
      09-30-2018, 03:36 PM   #9
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
having Ron Dennis as your benefactor is a very good thing, it would be stupid to say otherwise. And surly the Benz is the best car in F1. Nevertheless, we might enquire of Fernando, Nico and Valtteri if Lewis is "nothing". That's sort of goofy, tbh.
Apologies, as English is not my first language but this is not what I meant. When Lewis was a boy, he was given to support from McLaren. When he first went onto F1 he went into McLaren which was best car. As a driver he is great. But never forget all support he has in the past.
sorry Herr Graf, I meant to quote you so that you would see my response. See above, please.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      09-30-2018, 06:42 PM   #10
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Lewis earned his way into every seat he's been in through relentless performance. There are no slapdicks in top seats in F1...even the pay drivers. Lewis is head and shoulders above every driver in the field, save Max. He has only lost to teammates 2x in his career with the first, Button down to massive personal upheavals and the second, Rosberg due to mechanical reliability problems. His qualifying, race pace, race craft, and braking prowess is unmatched. He uses less fuel, manages tires better and can drive in changeable conditions better than any other driver presently on the grid....yes, even Alonso. I've been watching F1 for 40 years and watched Lewis's career since he was 16...he will go down as the GOAT when all the dust settles.

The fact that people say it goes down to a single factor such as Ron Dennis support or lucking into seats is total crap. Does anyone think Ron Dennis, who is a man with little or no sense of humor, or Ross Brawn, a brilliant racing manager and businessman would take a driver with no talent and prop him up? It's utterly ridiculous and smacks of ulterior motives in judging his talent and accomplishments.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
      09-30-2018, 07:54 PM   #11
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
The MB AMG Petronas team is for all intents and purposes a British team, running a German powertrain. There are hundreds of people working in the UK that enable the team to have excelled these last 5-6 years. That takes away nothing from the MB powertrain engineers as they have designed and produced the sport’s finest engine combo, and the support from the ‘mothership’ has been outstanding, in that MB has been pretty hands-off re: the day to day running of the team, unlike Ferrari where corporate ‘bigwigs’ can’t seem to stop interfering.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 02:49 AM   #12
RichM50d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘22 8 Series Gran Coupe

He’s a good driver, there’s no doubt, but he is in the best car. Stick him in a Force India and let’s see how good he really is.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #13
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Best car? The whole year I was hearing how Ferrari had the best car - now that Lewis is in the lead, it isn't skill, it's the car.

I'm sure he'll cry himself to sleep thinking about how he "LUCKED" into winning a his 5th championship.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
Poiseuille5362.00
      10-01-2018, 09:56 AM   #14
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM50d View Post
He’s a good driver, there’s no doubt, but he is in the best car. Stick him in a Force India and let’s see how good he really is.
I suggest you review the history of his time at Macca and cast your research at the poor old MP4-24. It was an utter piece of crap due to the continued development of the MP4-23 for the title battle of 2008. He still dragged it to the top and won a race with it. Hmmmm...why didn't his teammate win a race in it?

Read what James Allison says. I'm guessing he knows more than both of us put together and multiplied by 1000.

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/21...lewis-hamilton

An excerpt:

"...Earlier in the season, Allison said his first experience working with Hamilton had been different than he imagined, and he has now elaborated on some of the reasons why.

"His disappointment in himself when he makes very rare, normally quite small, errors is also very admirable. I've worked with drivers who tend to lash out when they screw up; Lewis doesn't do that. That's a pleasurable aspect of working with him.

"When we screw up, and we have done on a number of occasions this year -- most notably the headrest incident in Baku -- he's been completely and utterly calm and reasonable about it, even though the points swing created by an event like that is big. Similarly, when we were forced to ask him to take a gearbox penalty in Austria, same deal -- it just didn't faze his approach to the weekend. Those are nice things when a driver's like that."

Lastly and most importantly:

..."Every great champion we've seen in recent years, in some way or another they've done something really ugly on the track that we'd all love to excuse somehow or another because we like our heroes, but you just look at it and go, 'No, that's just plain ugly.' He's not [done things like that]. (He's not" meaning Lewis MK's insertion.)

"He just goes out and races with his huge gifts, and when actually he's called to do something that is the right thing to do, he steps up and does it -- even when it is very, very difficult to do it and the whole world is watching. That's the sort of thing I mean when I say he's impressive as a man."
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
Taskmaster2463.00
Poiseuille5362.00
550bye1388.00
      10-01-2018, 10:01 AM   #15
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
Best car? The whole year I was hearing how Ferrari had the best car - now that Lewis is in the lead, it isn't skill, it's the car.

I'm sure he'll cry himself to sleep thinking about how he "LUCKED" into winning a his 5th championship.
Ferrari had the momentum in the middle of the season, but have seemed to have lost their way recently. Mercedes has just worked harder; understood their weaknesses and enhanced the car so that with Lewis driving, it is now again the best out there. The same could not be said of Bottas I’m sorry to say as he doesn’t have the killer instinct that the great drivers have, and Vettel, even in a less powerful Ferrari would beat Bottas to the WDC. Is there anyone who believes for one second that Bottas could have pulled off the pass on Vettel that Lewis did leaving the pits on cold tyres? Would have never happened; Bottas would have backed out.

Bish
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
550bye1388.00
      10-01-2018, 10:04 AM   #16
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Lewis certainly deserves to be considered one of the all time best. I wish Nico would have hung around longer however as he seemed a much bigger test of Lewis' abilities than Bottas.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-01-2018, 11:42 AM   #17
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Lewis certainly deserves to be considered one of the all time best. I wish Nico would have hung around longer however as he seemed a much bigger test of Lewis' abilities than Bottas.
I have a greater appreciation for Nico now that he's gone, but that was an entertaining (albeit frustrating) year for us Lewis fans.
Appreciate 2
NickyC17238.00
MKSixer34171.50
      10-01-2018, 12:10 PM   #18
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Lewis earned his way into every seat he's been in through relentless performance. There are no slapdicks in top seats in F1...even the pay drivers. Lewis is head and shoulders above every driver in the field, save Max. He has only lost to teammates 2x in his career with the first, Button down to massive personal upheavals and the second, Rosberg due to mechanical reliability problems. His qualifying, race pace, race craft, and braking prowess is unmatched. He uses less fuel, manages tires better and can drive in changeable conditions better than any other driver presently on the grid....yes, even Alonso. I've been watching F1 for 40 years and watched Lewis's career since he was 16...he will go down as the GOAT when all the dust settles.

The fact that people say it goes down to a single factor such as Ron Dennis support or lucking into seats is total crap. Does anyone think Ron Dennis, who is a man with little or no sense of humor, or Ross Brawn, a brilliant racing manager and businessman would take a driver with no talent and prop him up? It's utterly ridiculous and smacks of ulterior motives in judging his talent and accomplishments.

Cheers-mk
Very well said. Also have been watching F1 for over 25years and will never forgot watching Schumacher live in Montreal. Lewis is very much a natural. He just makes it look like F1 racing is a walk in the park. It really is unbelievable. Sometimes I actually wanted him to loose in order to see a more competitive race.. but the numbers really don’t lie. His worst day are some others drivers best days on the track.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-01-2018, 12:45 PM   #19
Fender150
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Numbers dont lie indeed, 80 poles,
And what now is it 71 race wins?
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
Taskmaster2463.00
      10-01-2018, 01:04 PM   #20
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdj View Post
Very well said. Also have been watching F1 for over 25years and will never forgot watching Schumacher live in Montreal. Lewis is very much a natural. He just makes it look like F1 racing is a walk in the park. It really is unbelievable. Sometimes I actually wanted him to loose in order to see a more competitive race.. but the numbers really don’t lie. His worst day are some others drivers best days on the track.
Thanks! I met Michael as well as Nico years ago at the German GP just before Lewis joined Mercedes. And for our friend RichM50d how about some words of wisdom from someone who actually worked with both Senna and Lewis:

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/19...-senna-compare

Excerpt:

"Lewis Hamilton is an equal to Ayrton Senna on raw pace but lacks the utter ruthlessness which set the Brazilian apart from the rest, according to Paddy Lowe.

Williams chief technical officer Lowe is one of the few people to have worked with both Hamilton and Senna in Formula One, a pair of drivers who are often compared due to their similar styles of racing. Hamilton drew level with Senna's career tally of 65 pole positions in Canada with a scintillating lap, the quickest-ever at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Lowe says Hamilton's Montreal qualifying effort demonstrated the sort of level the three-time world champion can rise to when the situation requires.

"Stating the obvious, they both sit within the handful of greats we have in the sport," said Lowe, who worked with Senna after joining McLaren in 1993.

He was then asked if he felt Hamilton had the same raw pace as Senna, replying: "Yeah, undoubtedly. Those great drivers are able to pull out an extraordinary lap and I think you kind of saw that with Lewis [in qualifying]... probably on Mercedes estimations and simulations, that time wasn't in the car."

This article was just after the Canadian Lap in 2017 which was absolutely stellar.

Now cast your mind forward to Singapore and the "Stardust" lap. Someone that was there placed in another forum that when the time went up there was complete silence. After a beat or two there was applause from the Mercedes fans then everyone stood up and applauded...even the fans of the Scuderia. The time was over 0.5 seconds of the best theoretical lap the car could do in Singapore based on the computer models.

We are watching greatness. It's time for the BS excuses to stop.

If he races 3 more seasons after this one, I have no doubt that he will eclipse Michael Schumacher on Championships. It will only take 2 more seasons at this pace to eclipse him on race wins. Everyone though Poles, Race Wins, and Championships were off the table forever. The Pole record has already fallen. Race wins are next and within his currently contracted period. The Championships are the only question.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 2
Taskmaster2463.00
Poiseuille5362.00
      10-01-2018, 02:00 PM   #21
RichM50d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘22 8 Series Gran Coupe

I stand by what I say. Put Hamilton in one of the other cars, and let’s see what he can do. That would be interesting to see.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 04:13 PM   #22
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

i respected him more and supporting him even more after watching his post race behavior.. he s one of the best drivers now.. skills, and personality.. they dont come together as a package most of the time in racing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM50d View Post
I stand by what I say. Put Hamilton in one of the other cars, and let’s see what he can do. That would be interesting to see.
watch his early years.. he wasnt driving a winning car all the time.. he was able to compete easily with alonso when he was a noobie in f1.. you can guess the rest i believe..
Appreciate 3
Poiseuille5362.00
Taskmaster2463.00
MKSixer34171.50