BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

10-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #45
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Yeah, well, Manhattan is an anomaly. SOHO, Chelsea are on another planet. You have millionaires who don't even own cars. You'll see F430s wedged in between two cars in a tight spot. Lol
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #46
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Having lived in Manhattan for 12 years, I can also attest to that. Most new yorkers don't care, and expensive cars are parked on the street all the time. Go to SoHo on a nice weekend.... Anyway, when I take the M3 to NYC no one looks (expect car folks), but if I drive my car to York, PA to visit the in-laws I get tons of attention (good and bad).
I was only in York, PA once and I don't think anyone would have paid attention to an M3 or any BMW. Of course the day I was there they were having a huge Street Rod convention in town. There were literally thousands of Street Rods in the town and on the surrounding roads and as the cars left the site of the show people were lined up along the streets watching them go by and taking pictures.

On a normal day in York I can believe that an M3 would be one of the nicer cars in town.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #47
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
My first BMW was a e28 (535 is) now driven by a family member (photos in my garage we never will sell that car).

I first fell in love with a e46 2002 M3 in 2004 and after test driving it I could not get it out off my mind and just purchased it. I drove this car for almost 7 years and after I sold her I dearly regretted my actions. When I sold that car I had an e85 Z4 30is in the garage, since I always wanted a convertible.

Then the retractable hardtop on the e89 came out and I just had to have it for a planned trip across the USA to the west-coast. So the e85 got traded in for a e89 Z4 35i. While the trip across the US was a joy the e89 turned out to be a great disappointment. I will say only this that I hated the RFT and I lost 2 rear wheels to cracks in the wheels and both wheels had to be replaced (one under warranty the other I paid for it).

So with fears of wheel cracking in the back of my mind, the memory of my former e46 I naturally got back into my now e92 M3.

Do I have regrets, no way. I don't track my car, I drive the M3 for the following reasons,

1) I simply like the quality and the solid near the road feel & feedback of a BMW.
2) I drive it for safety (my e46 once saved my life) having the power when needed.
3) As others stated not too many people know it's a P car therefore it draws less attention.
4) It is the only BMW car (made now) not having Run-Flat-Tieres.
5) I can fold the seats down in the back and shop at Home hardware if I want to.
6) I can drive it year round and enjoy the car rather then hide it in the winter under a cover.

Having said that, will I replace her with another, too early to say let us see what the ///M Division is planning to roll out. If the next M3 comes out with RFT then my attention will be in the direction of a C6.3 AMG.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #48
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Nope. No regrets at all. I was a little scared that owning a MT car would be a chore, but it gets better with each passing day. AND it's an M3.

My only worry is that I won't be able to make the payments and you'll all see me on Repo Man trying to outrun them. I'm sure it won't be a problem in my M3.
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #49
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqsmooth View Post
Nope. No regrets at all. I was a little scared that owning a MT car would be a chore, but it gets better with each passing day. AND it's an M3.

My only worry is that I won't be able to make the payments and you'll all see me on Repo Man trying to outrun them. I'm sure it won't be a problem in my M3.
Unless he drives a M3 too or a C6.3 AMG, I hope for your sake it will not come to that.

You can always advertise as a special airport taxi and have fun while taking special pre-arranged folks home from the airport (late at night or on weekends), I know a part time job at KFC or McDonald's just will not cut it

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #50
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Unless he drives a M3 too or a C6.3 AMG, I hope for your sake it will not come to that.

You can always advertise as a special airport taxi and have fun while taking special pre-arranged folks home from the airport (late at night or on weekends), I know a part time job at KFC or McDonald's just will not cut it

Hahaha, I bet they'll be after me in a flatbed though.

Oh, on my payments: 2 down, 58 to go until I OWN this baby.

Ah the good o'l airport runs. Used to do them a lot in college FOR FREE. Those were the days. Hm, but you got me thinking how I can make money off of this baby. Argh, it's just too much. I gotta work harder at my day job.
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #51
James T. Kirk
Captain of the Enterprise
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

I did. Yeah, it's kinda heavy and drinks gas, but I think the thing I regret was actually my fault. I bought a DCT. Booooring. Yes, super duper engineering, but booooring.

I was eventually drawn to the 1M as an alternative. It's light weight and 6MT only setup "called to me."

2011 1 Series M Coupe VO M3 vs 1M Comparo Review
2011 M3 E90 DCT ZCP (sold) * 2010 335i Sedan (sold)
2005 M3 Convertible (sold) * 2003 325i Sedan (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #52
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I suppose it depends on where you live. A few weeks ago there was a really nice Aston Martin parked in front of my building. I stood and watched it for about 10 minutes. A few people glanced at it but most people walked right by and paid no attention to it whatsoever. I saw a similar reponse (or lack thereof) to a Maserati GT parked on West 56th street a while ago. They certainly got my attention but I guess the average man on the street in Manhattan is not that into cars.

CA
This is precisely why I don't give a rat's a$$ whether someone looks at my car or not. I drive what I drive because it makes ME happy. I drive what I drive because it makes ME smile when I look at it. I would need 10 sets of hands (and feet) to count the number of times I have read on the many different car forums I frequent the following comments "xyz just doesn't garner any attention" or "which one of these cars will get my car valet'd in the front row". I just laugh at the fools that post this nonsense. If one wants to be noticed and is that much of an attention whore, walk around on stilts for Christaske or wear a clown suit everyday.....that'll get you noticed.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #53
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqsmooth View Post
Hahaha, I bet they'll be after me in a flatbed though.

Oh, on my payments: 2 down, 58 to go until I OWN this baby.

Ah the good o'l airport runs. Used to do them a lot in college FOR FREE. Those were the days. Hm, but you got me thinking how I can make money off of this baby. Argh, it's just too much. I gotta work harder at my day job.
Well this or ask yourself ... what do I do best? ... can I start my own business?

Remember; you never make any money working for other people Think about that.

Then think of what the future holds ... when you are my age and retired you bargain hard whit cool cash and get the car you like ... payments will be a thing of the past then you will about it all ...

I know ... way back I was in your shoes so I know

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #54
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
I did. Yeah, it's kinda heavy and drinks gas, but I think the thing I regret was actually my fault. I bought a DCT. Booooring. Yes, super duper engineering, but booooring.

I was eventually drawn to the 1M as an alternative. It's light weight and 6MT only setup "called to me."
Does the 1M coupe feel more like the e46 James or close to it? What is your impression?

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #55
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I've attracted way more dudes than chicks in this car. Unless the girl is awesome and knows a thing or two about cars, she just sees BMW and doesn't notice the difference.
Yeah, tell me about it. This was a conversation I had with my GF a few days ago...

Her: Jen's new boyfriend is really into cars to!
Me: Oh yeah, what does he have?
Her: Some kind of Suburu, it's blue!
Me:

And that's what most girls notice! lol

It's probably a WRX.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #56
James T. Kirk
Captain of the Enterprise
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Does the 1M coupe feel more like the e46 James or close to it? What is your impression?
Yes, and more.

Here's a little something I wrote...
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ptain+kirk%27s

2011 1 Series M Coupe VO M3 vs 1M Comparo Review
2011 M3 E90 DCT ZCP (sold) * 2010 335i Sedan (sold)
2005 M3 Convertible (sold) * 2003 325i Sedan (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #57
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

you know what? Shit Happens. You can't control a lot of it. If you loose your job or get ill and have to sell the car, then so be it, at least you got to experience the M3.

Now i understand some parts of job-loosing and illness may be controllable or at least have some foresight, but my point is shit happens, live life.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #58
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
Yes, and more.

Here's a little something I wrote...
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ptain+kirk%27s
James, This is a fantastic review, thanks for taking the time to post it.

Now I just have to take one for a spin and see for myself...

PS. Now I know why we have not seen you around here for a spell

Happy and Safe travels always in your new 1M

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #59
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
This is precisely why I don't give a rat's a$$ whether someone looks at my car or not. I drive what I drive because it makes ME happy. I drive what I drive because it makes ME smile when I look at it. I would need 10 sets of hands (and feet) to count the number of times I have read on the many different car forums I frequent the following comments "xyz just doesn't garner any attention" or "which one of these cars will get my car valet'd in the front row". I just laugh at the fools that post this nonsense. If one wants to be noticed and is that much of an attention whore, walk around on stilts for Christaske or wear a clown suit everyday.....that'll get you noticed.
Amen!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #60
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

To answer the origional question: no

Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #61
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

People who regret buying a car definitely did not do the research on their cars before buying them or had false expectations about these machines. My only regret is that I don't get to exploit this car's capabilities from M-F and of course not having a private race track in my backyard.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #62
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
I have had I think some of the worst luck, having not been in more than two accidents in my life, my baby got hit 3x in 6 weeks, twice with me not even in the car, all during the 3rd to 4th month of ownership.

Still not getting rid of her, even of she kills me

Cheers,
e46e92
They say bad luck comes in 3's so hopefully that is it for you! I've just traded in my old E90 M3 for a new one - no problems at all in my old one........new one is 3 weeks old and already had a cracked windscreen and had to replace an alloy and tyre!!

Back on topic - don't regret the M3 at all - there is no better car at being family transport one day and exciting to drive machine the next - its near perfect apart from fuel costs.
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #63
E90414M
E90414M
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Regret, not really...do I sometimes I wish I had something that wasn't my baby or something that I could take on a ski trip and not worry about smelly boots in my trunk, or park wherever I want...or not cringe over potholes, sometimes less flashy...sure I do.

Those times would be:
1. When driving around the office parking lot, or to my in-laws house.
2. harsh weather
3. blacked out, lifted Jeep Rubicon drives by.
4. driving around down town DC trying to find street parking.

The M3 is great, but it will put a hole in your pocket, I'm already thinking about dropping 2800 on GTS wheels and tires.
Couldn't have said it any better, DC potholes are giving me grays all day!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #64
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
I've only met people that regretted selling their M3s.
+1

Me included... so depressed after I sold my E36. Glad I am back in the E92.

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #65
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
According to some of the posters here they have to beat back the throngs of admirers with a stick in order to get into their car and they have to park 8 blocks from their jobs so that their co-workers don't see what they drive and confuse them with Donald Trump.

ca

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England

Last edited by captainaudio; 10-29-2011 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #66
09E92M34ME
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

no, never once
09 E92 M3,AW/FR. MODS:Performane Kidney Grills,Side Gills,Exhaust Tips,BMW Performance Pedals,359 Satin Black GTS Wheels,275/35/19R & 255/35/19F PSS's,Dinan Stage I Suspension,Macht Schnell Spacers 12mmF,5mmR,Rear Fogs,Euphoria 6k,LCI Tails,LUX v3,OEM IND Painted Alpine White CF Performance Spoiler, Front Splitters, and Front Reflectors,Gloss Black Hood Vents,M Performance Steering Wheel.
Appreciate 0