BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-15-2015, 11:04 PM   #1
asleep636
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3, '07 E86 Z4M Coupe

Setting finish line on M Laptimer & track maps

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I just installed the M Laptimer on my 2012 M3. Everything seems to work fine except I don't understand how to set the finish line on the map. Is this something that has to be done while I am driving on the course? I really appreciate if someone can share some tips?

Also, after I have created a course (hopefully with the finish line) can I bring back the course map for a different track day?

Are there pre-defined course map that can be downloaded (like in Harry's Laptimer)?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 12:48 AM   #2
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

It select the start/finish line. It'll figure out the course but it's not always correct. At Buttonwillow, we were running the track with a straighter back straight but it read it as a shorter course layout. Not much you can do except run more laps.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0