BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

01-31-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
Merlin_83
Merlin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 6MT w/ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Cool Installing Armytrix - vacuum source ? Have question

Greetings,

So I've narrowed it down to either the Akrapovic slip on exhaust or Armytrix - although I have concerns about the Armytrix (see below).

I like the ability to open and close valves using the Armytrix...but, in the install instructions they point out the vacuum source to tap which is near the throttle bodies.

I worry about effing something up tapping a vacuum source there, I'm sure others have done so but still worried it might muck something up later on with car.
  • What bothers me and creates cause for concern is that in the install guide for the E9X chassis they show the wrong type exhaust for the E9X chassis.
  • There are also present in the exhaust shown actuator valves which don't exist from the factory exhaust unit.....these all point to a sloppy install. So what does that mean for overall satisfaction and quality of the Armytrix exhaust itself if they cannot even get the install right ?

Link to install - https://www.armytrixusa.com/wp-conte...stallation.pdf

2012 E92 M3 ZCP | 2008 E90 335xi | 2008 E90 335i |
Appreciate 0