BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM

01-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #45
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
That was my point when I posted the remarks you have replied to here. The M3 in it's sector is very, very, good but I don't see it that much better than either the C63 or the RS4. It's approach is different than those two, it's more touchy, feely and technical than either of them, but in the end each of them achieve the same results.
Your consistent incorrect use of the it's and its drives me nuts. "It's" is a contraction for it is or it has. Are you sure you're British?
      01-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #46
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
He said he asked the question 'Why not 19" as these are the favoured rim when customers spec their car?', the reply back from the instructor was that the 18" are the better combination for both ride, handling and feel, that was why every M3 which was tested during development had 18" alloys and why the 19" were only tested near the end of development after the suspension was signed off.
That's always the case and quite common among manufacturers. Suspensions are typically set up for the base wheel package. Personally I find a little more meat on the wheel as attractive as it is more functional. Hell, it wasn't long ago when 14/15/16" wheels were considered big (My first RX-7 had 13" wheels). The bigger the wheel (and smaller the sidewall) the more risk to wheel's becoming out of round or bent, the more chance of kerb rash, and definitely noticeably lower levels of ride quality and handling. The current generation prefers form over function.
      01-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #47
new2bmw
Rep
Drives: '10 M3 - LMB - DCT

But its still a Renault....

Excellent time... but everyone should keep in mind it IS a Renault!

I realize that this is a specially built track car, but if its anything like the Renaults Ive ever driven a bumper or something prolly fell off after the lap.

God forbid if they make a street version of this and keep some similar performance numbers... damn thing would fall apart in a few months.
Appreciate 0