BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

11-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #23
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3776 View Post
The most worthless option has to be the dynamic suspension, sport mode is useless.
I love the EDC, not sure why you think sport is useless? I use it on the track and at very high speeds the extra dampening is very useful. In fact I wouldn't mind if it was even a bit stiffer for track duty.
      11-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #24
canadian stig
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Pulse View Post
It's crazy when all the options on a particular vehicle total more than the base price!!!

I realize that this is where most of the profits are for car manufacturers, but I wonder how many times - or if ever - has an actual buyer checked off all the options where it doubled the base price of the car?

It's really sad to see most of these options are nothing but cosmetic changes & don't actually improve handling or performance.

I remember the days where the majority of options were things like power windows/locks, AC, CD player, etc. I guess now that those things are standard offerings, car manufacturers have moved on to other things. Who really needs their seat belt painted a different color??

I blame all the ricers for customizing their cars with aftermarket parts forcing the auto manufacturers for wanting a big piece of that market.

I have to admit though that there is nothing better than seeing a four banger Japanese car that's made to look like a stealth jet but when you look under the hood it's bone stock
I once went to the porsche canadian site and speced out a 911 carrera (non S) with ALL the options and its price went from about $90k to $190k, which is more than a 911 Turbo S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but to answer your question, i doubt anyone ever orders these cars with full options. but the options do get ordered individually. One guy might get the porsche crest in the headrest, another the yellow seatbelt, someone else orders the red center console, and a fourth buyer might ask for leather in the AC vents, etc....
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #25
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
I once went to the porsche canadian site and speced out a 911 carrera (non S) with ALL the options and its price went from about $90k to $190k, which is more than a 911 Turbo S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but to answer your question, i doubt anyone ever orders these cars with full options. but the options do get ordered individually. One guy might get the porsche crest in the headrest, another the yellow seatbelt, someone else orders the red center console, and a fourth buyer might ask for leather in the AC vents, etc....
I have configured out all different types of Porsches. The result is the same every time, regardless of the model. I always end up with about $30k in upgrades over the base price of the given model.
      11-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #26
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
imo parking sensors are the stupidest options ever. no offense to anyone who has them whatsoever. just take a look at the cars that have them...they usually have scuffs on their rear bumpers
Depends on the vehicle. On larger cars and SUV's they can be very helpful. Not as necessary on smaller vehicles.
      11-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #27
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amri215 View Post
The only options I am interested in are performance enhancing options
If performance is your only concern, there are better choices than an M3 to begin with. A Boss 302 Mustang will give you all the performance and handling for much less money. The M3 combines dynamic performance with refinement and luxury.
      11-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #28
M3776
Private
Rep
Drives: 11 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemetry View Post
I love the EDC, not sure why you think sport is useless? I use it on the track and at very high speeds the extra dampening is very useful. In fact I wouldn't mind if it was even a bit stiffer for track duty.
Maybe the extra weight of the E93 has something to do with it but the stiffness is unbearable to me.