BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

06-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #23
mazda3ndp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E9x M3

btw I like police, just a few abuse the authority
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #24
IbanezGod
997TT, X5M
Rep
Drives: 997TT, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickNemesis View Post
thats unfair cuz im a cop and i drive pretty decent cars... 3 mercedes, m3 and a porsche coming. Just cuz you got pulled over for someone doing there job shouldnt be a reason for insult. If you dont want that situation then follow the law(s). Cops dont fill there pockets with your money the city/town they work for do. I hate giving tickets in all honesty but the number 1 cop killer in the USA are tinted cars so you will automatically be at risk for being pulled over
sorry bro, but i guess i've just had some run ins with some pretty arrogant and fired up cops. Left a bad taste in my mouth and i'm always extremely polite and respectful. I'm sure there are bad ones and good ones. But if pulled over and the tinted windows are all rolled down and hands are on the wheel in clear site and you are nice to the cop i'd hope to get a little understanding. I'll never forget the cop who tailed me and practically ripped me out of the car for rolling through a stop sign because I asked him politely what I did wrong. Never been so insulted in my life. I actually went to the precinct to file a complaint. Oh and this was at 11:30pm after working 12 hours, commuting 4hrs getting to and from the city and I was just going home.

But in many places it's all about the budget and bringing in the cash. There are enough cars out there speeding, not using blinkers, driving on the phone, driving like idiots, driving without the proper paperwork where bothering a car just for tint is pretty petty IMO.
      06-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #25
MaverickNemesis
Captain
Rep
Drives: Your Girl Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicassoM View Post
sorry bro, but i guess i've just had some run ins with some pretty arrogant and fired up cops. Left a bad taste in my mouth and i'm always extremely polite and respectful. I'm sure there are bad ones and good ones. But if pulled over and the tinted windows are all rolled down and hands are on the wheel in clear site and you are nice to the cop i'd hope to get a little understanding. I'll never forget the cop who tailed me and practically ripped me out of the car for rolling through a stop sign because I asked him politely what I did wrong. Never been so insulted in my life. I actually went to the precinct to file a complaint. Oh and this was at 11:30pm after working 12 hours, commuting 4hrs getting to and from the city and I was just going home.

But in many places it's all about the budget and bringing in the cash. There are enough cars out there speeding, not using blinkers, driving on the phone, driving like idiots, driving without the proper paperwork where bothering a car just for tint is pretty petty IMO.
I understand where you are coming from but being a cop is also a job and you have to understand it isnt easy at least on my part. Aside from doing what I need to do I need to handle OTHER peoples problems that they cant handle themselves. Plus pulling someone over you cant expect the cop to be nice. You committed an infraction and I personally dont know anyone I pull over. God forbid he has a gun or something. I try not to be disrespectful but im not your friend. You might want to hurt me and im pretty sure many cops act that way for that same reason.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 10:48 PM   #26
MaverickNemesis
Captain
Rep
Drives: Your Girl Crazy

clear example of what happened to me today, i went to a job and had to deal with a whole family who said there kid was missing. Turns out that the kid is 14 and took the mothers car keys and hasnt returned. Its been about 8-9 hours since then. I had to take the family calm them down and also do my job and investigate while taking down the reports. Upon searching saw the car was in an accident and was completely totaled and flipped over on the highway. I had to tell the mother and that there was 3 others in the vehicle who ran away. Later on that day the kid was found and had to be arrested for an enormous amount of charges. Its not easy ruining someones life and then having to deal with the family among other things. thats just 1 example of what happened today.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 11:09 PM   #27
Leozap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3

Your car looks darker if you tint your windshield that's why.
Appreciate 0