BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

09-14-2020, 06:36 PM   #1
TristanTellone14
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Exclamation New set of wheels!

Hey everyone, looking to purchase a new set of wheels for the m3! Looking to get ESR RF2 19x9.5 et 22, 19x10.5 et 22 with continental extreme contact sport 265/35/19 and 295/35/19 in the back. I am on KW coilovers! Would this be a good fit? Would I need spacers? Any suggestions please LMK!!!

THANKS!

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 07:40 PM   #2
GTBrandon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 Competition

Didn’t know these wheels existed, might have found my next purchase if there’s a deal out there
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 08:44 AM   #3
hotbmwfan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92

Those wheels are gorgeous - especially the bronze. I think that you will have a hard time with 35 series tires on 19 inch rims, especially if you are lowered at all. I had 285/35/19 Conti DW's on my rear wheels (10.5 wide, 25 o/s) and had rubbing on even minor bumps. After a while I could see a few lines in the sidewall from rubbing on the fender lip. I'm just on ZCP springs. Now I'm using 295/30/19 Michelin which have a slightly wider tread width and have less rubbing but I don't like the "square" look of the sidewall. For me, the best compromise of handling/comfort/look would be 285/30/19 on the back. With 295/35/19 and less offset, you will be rubbing on the fender lip a lot - and a spacer will make it worse. As for the front, I have 255/35/19 and a 5mm spacer and the tires rub the fender liner slightly on full lock. If you are lowered more than 10mm then these issues will be worse.
2010 M3 "Edition" model - Monte Carlo Blue/black, (1 of 13) MODS;255/35/19 and 285/30/19 Michelin PSS, Volk G25 wheels, MC V2 GTS lip, Eventuri plenum/intake/airbox lid, M Performance exhaust/spoiler/steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 08:49 AM   #4
TristanTellone14
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbmwfan View Post
Those wheels are gorgeous - especially the bronze. I think that you will have a hard time with 35 series tires on 19 inch rims, especially if you are lowered at all. I had 285/35/19 Conti DW's on my rear wheels (10.5 wide, 25 o/s) and had rubbing on even minor bumps. After a while I could see a few lines in the sidewall from rubbing on the fender lip. I'm just on ZCP springs. Now I'm using 295/30/19 Michelin which have a slightly wider tread width and have less rubbing but I don't like the "square" look of the sidewall. For me, the best compromise of handling/comfort/look would be 285/30/19 on the back. With 295/35/19 and less offset, you will be rubbing on the fender lip a lot - and a spacer will make it worse. As for the front, I have 255/35/19 and a 5mm spacer and the tires rub the fender liner slightly on full lock. If you are lowered more than 10mm then these issues will be worse.
Thanks for all the info, I was reading about people throwing 285/30 in the backs and 35 in the front. Might have to go with this if they offer the extreme contact sport in 285/30 they only offer 295/35 no 30 for the 295 so will look into it. Thanks for the info! I was going to get them powder coated Satin racing gold. The bronze is nice that they have but too dull for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 08:51 AM   #5
TristanTellone14
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBrandon View Post
Didn’t know these wheels existed, might have found my next purchase if there’s a deal out there
There's somewhat of a deal on fitment industries! I am thinking of ordering straight from ESR though bc they offer powder coating right off the bat.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 12:48 PM   #6
TristanTellone14
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanTellone14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBrandon View Post
Didn't know these wheels existed, might have found my next purchase if there's a deal out there
There's somewhat of a deal on fitment industries! I am thinking of ordering straight from ESR though bc they offer powder coating right off the bat.
Just wanted to bump for some more feedback ¨̮
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 02:05 PM   #7
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

ESR is not exactly a brand synonymous with quality, you likely won't find much if at all info on them with the M3 crowd as a result.

Check out VAG forums, plenty of people there run ESR stuff. :

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 2
SYT_Shadow11421.00
DanMpower3204.00
      09-22-2020, 03:02 PM   #8
Kiefermeister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan

I have the wheels in exact spec you mentioned. They are ok. Looks got to me too. They look killer from 6 feet but the fit and finish leaves a bit to be desired. I had a tough time with fitment industries. I absolutely would not recommend them. The wheels arrived by freight where it's not a lift gate service. None of which they tell you about. I had to carry each wheel off the trailer like some bum which meant appointment delivery had to be made with the freight company. Told them if I had known free delivery option was freight, I would've paid extra for the FedEx or UPS upcharge. Their after delivery service was atrocious and non existent. They look great as a replica of CI-R or Fi-R but the quality is suspect. It might be my batch. But the wheel bore was off slightly and I had to order hubcentric rings to stop the vibration. These were meant to be hubcentric from the factory but guess what, they were off. It was sold to me as spec'd for M3/BMW hubcentric. Two bouts of rebalancing later to find out that the wheels have couple mm of play at the hub. No wonder I was getting crazy vibration over 60mph. Also, the TPMS they install as these long stemmed Chinese knockoffs and they have strings hanging from them inside the wheel. You have to pull them off perfectly but mine got stuck. Which meant...air leak. It fixed itself eventually. I'm guessing the string fell out or into the tire. They look great but I'd go with a more reputable wheel company. They are cheap for a reason. Also, one wheel from fitment industries came completely deflated. Their videos are lame and the target audience is JDM guys with their fart can cars. That's my experience at least. If I had to do it over, I'd get Titan7 TS5 wheels.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 03:06 PM   #9
TristanTellone14
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefermeister View Post
I have the wheels in exact spec you mentioned. They are ok. Looks got to me too. They look killer from 6 feet but the fit and finish leaves a bit to be desired. I had a tough time with fitment industries. I absolutely would not recommend them. The wheels arrived by freight where it's not a lift gate service. None of which they tell you about. I had to carry each wheel off the trailer like some bum which meant appointment delivery had to be made with the freight company. Told them if I had known free delivery option was freight, I would've paid extra for the FedEx or UPS upcharge. Their after delivery service was atrocious and non existent. They look great as a replica of CI-R or Fi-R but the quality is suspect. It might be my batch. But the wheel bore was off slightly and I had to order hubcentric rings to stop the vibration. These were meant to be hubcentric from the factory but guess what, they were off. It was sold to me as spec'd for M3/BMW hubcentric. Two bouts of rebalancing later to find out that the wheels have couple mm of play at the hub. No wonder I was getting crazy vibration over 60mph. Also, the TPMS they install as these long stemmed Chinese knockoffs and they have strings hanging from them inside the wheel. You have to pull them off perfectly but mine got stuck. Which meant...air leak. It fixed itself eventually. I'm guessing the string fell out or into the tire. They look great but I'd go with a more reputable wheel company. They are cheap for a reason. Also, one wheel from fitment industries came completely deflated. Their videos are lame and the target audience is JDM guys with their fart can cars. That's my experience at least. If I had to do it over, I'd get Titan7 TS5 wheels.
Thanks for the info man!!! I wasn't ordering from fitment industries at all, just been looking at the gallery on there. Was going to order straight from ESR bc I want them powder coated and they offered me a good deal. Sad to hear about your issues with fitment industries I will now never order from them. They look dope on the car I love the hyper silver finish!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 03:08 PM   #10
TristanTellone14
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
ESR is not exactly a brand synonymous with quality, you likely won't find much if at all info on them with the M3 crowd as a result.

Check out VAG forums, plenty of people there run ESR stuff. :
Thanks man! Not looking to get info directly on these wheels specificity. More looking for info on the specs I am looking at for the wheels and tires. I know they're not a huge brand but I just can't justify spending $2k+ on a set of wheels. Looking to spend at most $16-$1700 for a full set not including tires.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #11
Kiefermeister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the info man!!! I wasn't ordering from fitment industries at all, just been looking at the gallery on there. Was going to order straight from ESR bc I want them powder coated and they offered me a good deal. Sad to hear about your issues with fitment industries I will now never order from them.
I only ordered from fitment industries because they offered tirerack like mounting and balancing. But man, they never replied or corrected any issues. They'd reply and say we'll look into it and then nothing. They also never sent me the 4th center cap that was missing in the package. I had to buy new red caps from ESR who were extremely good to deal with. So, perhaps my experience would've been different bad I ordered from ESR...but the hubcentric issue is still annoying. Don't know who's fault that is or if I got some defective wheels from fitment clowns.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 03:14 PM   #12
Kiefermeister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Gotcha. Mine as wheels specs you have 22 offset staggered like you mentioned. Tires are 255/35/19 and 275/35/19 lowered on eibach springs. I think there's some room but not much more than maybe 285? Here is a close up of front and back
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 03:22 PM   #13
TristanTellone14
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Gotcha. Mine as wheels specs you have 22 offset staggered like you mentioned. Tires are 255/35/19 and 275/35/19 lowered on eibach springs. I think there's some room but not much more than maybe 285? Here is a close up of front and back
Thank you for those pics! Looks sick! I'm on kw coilovers so hoping I can dial it in really nice for no rub. Ok have any rubbing on your setup currently? Anything on full lock when turning?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 04:12 PM   #14
Kiefermeister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you for those pics! Looks sick! I'm on kw coilovers so hoping I can dial it in really nice for no rub. Ok have any rubbing on your setup currently? Anything on full lock when turning?
No rubbing whatsoever and the thicker sidewall of 35s are nice for the potholes. Lol. I think this is pretty close to flush. I know someone else here had these wheels running 265/30/19 and 285/30/19.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 08:02 AM   #15
TristanTellone14
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump for more feedback, seems I will most likely be going with 265/35/19 and 295/30/19.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 02:25 PM   #16
TristanTellone14
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump again, anyone else have any feedback!? Lmk! Thanks again!
Appreciate 0