BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
leeyawn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 04' CRV - 380k Miles and going

WA Shop

Interesting story of a shop based out of WA.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1737812
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2020, 04:18 PM   #2
jamba
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 Jetblack

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
not a good look. perhaps 22RPD is more familiar with other bmw platforms; just not the S65. Simple searches on here will tell you that you CANNOT plug tunes from another car and vice versa.

I actually considered potentially going there for a custom tune on my Harrop charged S65 but was waiting for someone else to be the guinea pig. Kinda glad I didn't.
      08-05-2020, 03:35 AM   #3
TMANN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 M3; '95 M3; '12 X535d

Not defending anyone, but honestly I've had mixed experiences with most garages that I've dealt with here in PNW and when I lived in PHL. The good ones kept my business because they made it right, whatever the failure was. Even when I've had great experiences at a garage, I hear an opposite story or see a bad review posted in a forum. Bottom line is that people make mistakes, even at the dealers.
FWIW, I was at 22RPD earlier this year, Zack tuned the original S50 (NA) in my E36 which had a very old Turner/Conforti tune. He squeezed out another 22hp (corrected) and the car is still running great on track. I talked to him recently about my E92 (NA), he didn't sound enthused to do it, now I think I know why. Good for him to recognize limitations. BTW, the reason I need help with the E92 is because the BPM Sport tune is not doing well. Ironic huh? Mike at BPM has been responsive mostly, so I think it will eventually get sorted.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 09:50 PM   #4
leeyawn
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMANN View Post
Not defending anyone, but honestly I've had mixed experiences with most garages that I've dealt with here in PNW and when I lived in PHL. The good ones kept my business because they made it right, whatever the failure was. Even when I've had great experiences at a garage, I hear an opposite story or see a bad review posted in a forum. Bottom line is that people make mistakes, even at the dealers.
FWIW, I was at 22RPD earlier this year, Zack tuned the original S50 (NA) in my E36 which had a very old Turner/Conforti tune. He squeezed out another 22hp (corrected) and the car is still running great on track. I talked to him recently about my E92 (NA), he didn't sound enthused to do it, now I think I know why. Good for him to recognize limitations. BTW, the reason I need help with the E92 is because the BPM Sport tune is not doing well. Ironic huh? Mike at BPM has been responsive mostly, so I think it will eventually get sorted.

Honestly numbers will vary between dyno machines. I believe this is where youre seeing the difference in HP. Could be wrong though. I have been searching around the forums and have seen stock dyno numbers as low as 318. Let me know what you come up with!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:02 PM   #5
jamba
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 Jetblack

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
i think the issue is more around the tuner not knowing that you cant flash tunes from other cars. not so much the numbers that he ended up putting down
      08-07-2020, 08:31 PM   #6
leeyawn
Private First Class
Rep

Oh jamba I was talking about his HP numbers from the BPM stage II tune. Separate topic from the shop tuning a different car haha.
Appreciate 0