BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-14-2020, 06:22 PM   #1
johncunningham
Rep
Drives: 2011 e93

Not sure this is the right place, what about alpina b6?

All,

I have had my e93 for 2 years. Soon putting it away for the winter. I have to admit that I love it dearly. To clarify, I’ll never track it. And I have three kids, one of which can ride shotgun. I also have another convertible, for when I need to scratch that itch. I have always liked the look of the 6 series GC, and I love the wheels.

Seems like it could be a very reasonable choice. I want the awd. And if I’m honest I really like the idea of having a somewhat unusual car. I already have a great local independent shop that has basically given me the ok, in the sense that they haven’t seen any potential pitfalls.

Anyone have any experience with late model b6? 2016-2019 ish? I realize that it’s a low volume car and there are low likelihood, but non zero 10k plus repairs in my future. I‘m not worried about making rent, I can handle the “maintenance and repair” costs of a 120k vehicle.

I would like to buy one, try it out, get it out of my system and likely sell it in a year or so...

Thanks in advance.

John.
Appreciate 0