BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

07-07-2015, 01:24 PM   #10649
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
FN Herstal

So GD hard to get a weapons permit in Maryland. You have to apply for the application - no joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
FN-FAL, FN-CAL, FN-FNC, and all the nice Mausers and Brownings that came out of Liege.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
No ?!?! You mean FN ?
Quote:
I speak a bit of Dutch

My favorite is...Fabrique Nationale Herstal and Fusil Automatique Leger.
Quote:
Actually the FN factory is really old , but it's for sure the quality is there .
I was there back in time to see the handwork of engraving shotguns by hand and custom made for hunters with money .
I was interested in the sculptures , because I had some experience of it in wood .
So I was facinated to learn it on the metal parts of the shotguns .
The problem was that the people learn it in FN at the age 15 and stay up to 65 and retire , in other words their people are there till retired , and so it was not possible for me to start there , it's also a family factory and you need a family member to get started in the FN factory .
But now for the last 10 years times are changed and lots of people are replaced by machinery and robots .
FN => https://www.google.be/search?hl=nl&s...0.A7pni-vjBnw#
And the world famous old FN factory ..
I FN Herstal.
We have 8 products total.
I use to be Heckler & Koch fan, but their direction went down the drain about 15 years ago.

I thinK NEFARIOUS had a picture taken with 17s and posted here, but deleted.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2015, 01:28 PM   #10650
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Yeah, about the time you get to the 'Nard, SoCal just ends

What EVER.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2015, 01:29 PM   #10651
C5driver
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #10652
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
I FN Herstal.
I use to be Heckler & Koch fan, but their direction went down the drain about 15 years ago.

It's really amazing you guys like that much FN .
I didn't knew , but the FAL was also one of the favorites of the US-Army , but after financial speculation it was the US-M14 .
Here more about the story => https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_FAL

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #10653
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's really amazing you guys like that much FN .
I didn't knew , but the FAL was also one of the favorites of the US-Army , but after financial speculation it was the US-M14 .
Here more about the story => https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_FAL
Few reasons why us Americans like FN.

-Other companies were scared to even partially export to US due to 922R compliance. FN is one of the first to do it w/ meeting the compliance.
-FN offers all the stuff we like P90/PS90, Scar series, FNX Tac, F2000/FS2000, even semi version of M249Saw soon.
-Very very light weight. I carried FS2000 at work due to lightweightness, then changed it to SCAR16 my final years. (again due to weight. even 1/2lbs will feel like 20lbs after long hours of work)

NOTE: please do not ask where i worked. I am still physically recovering from a job I quit yrs ago.
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2015, 02:08 PM   #10654
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
I FN Herstal.

I don't recall removing it, some mod must've removed it. Anyway, I haven't shot any older HKs, but the only gun I've owned was a USP .45, but even then I rarely took it to the range; most of the time it sat in my nightstand since it was more so for self defense since the peóns decided to raid the upper middle class neighborhoods, and I wasn't going to let some guy with a crack fix steal anything from me, and I still regard it as a good gun.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 02:14 PM   #10655
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
I don't recall removing it, some mod must've removed it. Anyway, I haven't shot any older HKs, but the only gun I've owned was a USP .45, but even then I rarely took it to the range; most of the time it sat in my nightstand since it was more so for self defense since the peóns decided to raid the upper middle class neighborhoods, and I wasn't going to let some guy with a crack fix steal anything from me, and I still regard it as a good gun.
They are better than Sig for sure.
I just can't carry DA/SA anymore. It has to be SingleAction or Strikefire type.
With that said, VP9 is strikefired, and I love P30 (except da/sa).
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 02:25 PM   #10656
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Few reasons why us Americans like FN.

-Other companies were scared to even partially export to US due to 922R compliance. FN is one of the first to do it w/ meeting the compliance.
-FN offers all the stuff we like P90/PS90, Scar series, FNX Tac, F2000/FS2000, even semi version of M249Saw soon.
-Very very light weight. I carried FS2000 at work due to lightweightness, then changed it to SCAR16 my final years. (again due to weight. even 1/2lbs will feel like 20lbs after long hours of work)

NOTE: please do not ask where i worked. I am still physically recovering from a job I quit yrs ago.
Ok got that about your work , I understand your situation .
Several years back I heard from FN (because I have a friend that works at FN) that the US was not happy about the fact that FN delivered arms to a not friendly country from the US .
And so the US-Army looks also elsewhere,but for FN it's all about money and not about human interests or human lives .
But it's for sure that for FN things can be really complicated in case of countries in warfare .
But the only truth is that FN makes money with killing people worldwide , because they make the arms and the munitions to do it....
Of course they don't pull the trigger , they only make it .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 02:36 PM   #10657
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok got that about your work , I understand your situation .
Several years back I heard from FN (because I have a friend that works at FN) that the US was not happy about the fact that FN delivered arms to a not friendly country from the US .
And so the US-Army looks also elsewhere,but for FN it's all about money and not about human interests or human lives .
But it's for sure that for FN things can be really complicated in case of countries in warfare .
But the only truth is that FN makes money with killing people worldwide , because they make the arms and the munitions to do it....
Of course they don't pull the trigger , they only make it .
First, FN makes products that defends boarder, country, city, and even a household.

Yes, that is called "Buying Power."

US did that to Steyr Mannlicher around 2006-7ish as well, because Steyr Sold HS50 to Iran.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...from-Iran.html
http://www.longwarjournal.org/archiv...iper_rifle.php

US somewhat halted the AUGA3 importation due to that. Then I don't know what happened after that, and they allowed Steyr Mannlicher to allow AUGA3 to be imported.

Importing those neutered "sporting arms" is lucrative business. However, importing/exporting used "accessories" are far far more profitable (within compliance and ITAR reg).

I know this area really well, because I am "self-employed."
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2015, 02:41 PM   #10658
C5driver
Major
Rep

Quote:
However, importing/exporting used "accessories" are far far more profitable (within compliance and ITAR reg).
Gone are the days. Man, I miss the 90's
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2015, 02:45 PM   #10659
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
First, FN makes products that defends boarder, country, city, and even a household.

Yes, that is called "Buying Power."

US did that to Steyr Mannlicher around 2006-7ish as well, because Steyr Sold HS50 to Iran.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...from-Iran.html
http://www.longwarjournal.org/archiv...iper_rifle.php

US somewhat halted the AUGA3 importation due to that. Then I don't know what happened after that, and they allowed Steyr Mannlicher to allow AUGA3 to be imported.

Importing those neutered "sporting arms" is lucrative business. However, importing/exporting used "accessories" are far far more profitable (within compliance and ITAR reg).

I know this area really well, because I am "self-employed."
Indeed , and like you said it's "Buying Power."
The point is...It's the person who pulls the trigger , and not made in....

Appreciate 1
      07-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #10660
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gone are the days. Man, I miss the 90's
It is still can be done. ROK is probably going to have a small arms refresh fairly soon, and all the Daewoos we can unassemble and reassemble with some US made part to make it 922r comp would be nice. Since I am not rich enough to drop $20mil+ PLUS having the huge metal molding/millwork factory, I can only put $ as an small partner at best.

Remember all these small re-importation companies are making huge bucks.

When I have time, I will write a story about hk91 mag import story and AI accessory stories. *ka ching!*
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 02:52 PM   #10661
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Indeed , and like you said it's "Buying Power."
The point is...It's the person who pulls the trigger , and not made in....
Very true. I am truly scared of golf clubs and crazy driving vehicles. However, golf clubs and crazy 18wheeler truck ain't going to hit me by itself.

Yeah, US has a buying power.

They probably gave them ultimatium.

Do you want to sell 250,000 units to US civilian + some mil?
Or
do you want to sell 40,000 total unit to all the conflicting nations?
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2015, 02:56 PM   #10662
C5driver
Major
Rep

Quote:
It is still can be done. ROK is probably going to have a small arms refresh fairly soon, and all the Daewoos we can unassemble and reassemble with some US made part to make it 922r comp would be nice. Since I am not rich enough to drop $20mil+ PLUS having the huge metal molding/millwork factory, I can only put $ as an small partner at best.

Remember all these small re-importation companies are making huge bucks.

When I have time, I will write a story about hk91 mag import story and AI accessory stories. *ka ching!*
The $3 mags that we can't have in CA?

Daewoos are good solid rifles.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 03:13 PM   #10663
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The $3 mags that we can't have in CA?

Daewoos are good solid rifles.
LOL yeah.
I forgot who but I think it was CDNN who bought bunch of those from German military and made consumers happy. Those use to cost $40-45 ea around after '94.

Yeah, daewoos are more of a collector's now. Not too many imported during 90s. I would love to be the one who flood the US market with daewoo after ROK refresh.
Of course, I need $$$ to do so.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2015, 03:39 PM   #10664
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP F86 X6M

I am in a SUPER creative mood today. Somebody give me an idea for something to build! I am going to be making a lower rear diffuser once I have 3 solid days. Last weekend I built an elevated Jalapeno garden in my back yard. I'm in the mood to build something else today/tomorrow! Let's hear the ideas!!!

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 03:42 PM   #10665
bmwmsport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

This thread is really popular, I wish I had the willpower to read it all and catch myself up.
      07-07-2015, 03:45 PM   #10666
C5driver
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheaButter View Post
I am in a SUPER creative mood today. Somebody give me an idea for something to build!
Can you build an an American accent for Mr. Belgium?
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2015, 04:00 PM   #10667
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheaButter View Post
I am in a SUPER creative mood today. Somebody give me an idea for something to build! I am going to be making a lower rear diffuser once I have 3 solid days. Last weekend I built an elevated Jalapeno garden in my back yard. I'm in the mood to build something else today/tomorrow! Let's hear the ideas!!!
Since we both have E93. How about variable down force wing/diffuser which is electronically connected to throttle, and steering.

More downforce at high speed corner by steering.
Less to no downforce at a straight? (just like DRS).

etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 04:07 PM   #10668
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP F86 X6M

Quote:
Since we both have E93. How about variable down force wing/diffuser which is electronically connected to throttle, and steering.

More downforce at high speed corner by steering.
Less to no downforce at a straight? (just like DRS).

etc.
I mean I COULD build it, but I feel like the cost and time would outweigh the benefits for me personally. However, I DO have future plans to clay mold and lay CF 2x2 over to make a rear diffuser and also a sweet E93 trunk shape since options for E93's are super limited in the trunk department.

I was leaning more towards something for around the house. Man I have built SO many things, I have run out of ideas haha!

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2015, 05:51 PM   #10669
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
They are better than Sig for sure.
I just can't carry DA/SA anymore. It has to be SingleAction or Strikefire type.
With that said, VP9 is strikefired, and I love P30 (except da/sa).
Personally, I'm the opposite; I prefer DA/SA with a visible hammer and left decocked with safety on, that way the effort of making it easily fired might just save the bitch-ass intruder's life when he's already pissing his pants at the sight of my .45 (whereas I'd shoot first, ask questions, or even face consequences later if it was an SAO with only a safe action), or prevent me from impulsively shooting my crazy mom if she tosses Intelius on me again and shows up like she's frickin' Cosmo Kramer.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2015, 06:10 PM   #10670
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread