BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #67
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishhead24 View Post
I was just joking man. I promise.
Lies. Prepare to be...

Offended
      02-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #68
bmwluvr24
Driving Mika all over California.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Lies. Prepare to be...

Offended
Fair enough.......thanks for the heads up!
      02-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #69
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post

If you don't like Jeremy Clarkson's statement about the LFA or the link to the article, simply say so.
Ok: Jeremy Clarkson is a douche who's taste is in his mouth. I find Top Gear entertaining, but he's nothing more than a marketing whipping boy. If you'd seriously take this LFA over a Ferrari 458 Italia or 599 HGTE... Then u might as well turn this thread into another pilgrimage like that useless BRZ/GT86 one GoingTooFast started.

Last edited by johanness; 02-22-2013 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: Sp
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 12:50 AM   #70
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Ok: Jeremy Clarkson is a douche who's taste is in his mouth. I find Top Gear entertaining, but he's nothing more than a marketing whipping boy. If you'd seriously take this LFA over a Ferrari 458 Italia or 599 HGTE... The u might as well turn this thread into another pilgrimage like that useless BRZ/GT86 one GoingTooFast started.
Some people prefer the V10 sound (mostly everybody) and response/revving capability and also how much of a technical marvel it is. It definitely has more of a presence than either of the other two you mentioned. It's not too far fetched and, for me at least, is understandable.

And I would hardly call the GT86 thread "useless" because a lot of people like it and is more of a driver's car than any car mentioned in this entire thread.
      02-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #71
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Ok: Jeremy Clarkson is a douche who's taste is in his mouth. I find Top Gear entertaining, but he's nothing more than a marketing whipping boy. If you'd seriously take this LFA over a Ferrari 458 Italia or 599 HGTE... Then u might as well turn this thread into another pilgrimage like that useless BRZ/GT86 one GoingTooFast started.
You nailed it.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 03:56 AM   #72
MikeyV
Captain
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant & A1 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Did you not read the first line? Most cars branded as Lexus over here are branded as Toyotas everywhere else in the world.
That's not true, the only country you'll find Lexus branded as Toyota was in Japan, that changed a few years back when Toyota launched Lexus in the Japanese market.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #73
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyV View Post
That's not true, the only country you'll find Lexus branded as Toyota was in Japan, that changed a few years back when Toyota launched Lexus in the Japanese market.
My mistake, I meant to say "were branded"
      02-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #74
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Speak for yourself.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #75
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Some serious engineering went into building that car but the price tag is way too high IMO
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #76
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Can't agree more... I don’t care what kind of engineering went to LFA, it’s slower, cost more and it is not Ferrari.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #77
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedoy View Post
Can't agree more... I don’t care what kind of engineering went to LFA, it’s slower, cost more and it is not Ferrari.
If speed and price are the primary determining factors in your buying purchase then you're obviously not part of the intended buying demographic.

Sticking with this thinking you should look at nothing but GTRs and Corvettes. Oh wait, some people are badge whores and it's got to be a Ferraaaaari.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #78
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Bottom line: if you wrapped the LFA up in some different sheetmetal and slapped on a badge with more cache then people would be waxing poetic and nothing else. Face it, this car's underpinnings and architecture are world class; from the engine to the chassis, it's got to be one of the most ideal track cars to have fun with.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #79
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

Ok,so tell me who is intended buying demographic? The Italia 458 is superior on the track with the lower price tag, so would anyone pick LFA? Because Jeremy Clarkson said so? Lexus LFA is a great machine but the price should be simmilar to Audi R8 V10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
If speed and price are the primary determining factors in your buying purchase then you're obviously not part of the intended buying demographic.

Sticking with this thinking you should look at nothing but GTRs and Corvettes. Oh wait, some people are badge whores and it's got to be a Ferraaaaari.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #80
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
Ok,so tell me who is intended buying demographic? The Italia 458 is superior on the track with the lower price tag, so would anyone pick LFA? Because Jeremy Clarkson said so? Lexus LFA is a great machine but the price should be simmilar to Audi R8 V10.
Who says? Do you know every engineering aspect of the LFA?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #81
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
I'm assuming you're talking to me. When did I say I'd take a LFA over anything? When did I even say I'd take a LFA? (Of course I would though)

I would rather not do anything to this thread, other than discuss what you (forum members) think of Clarkson's opinion which you have already shared.

What on earth is going on here??
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #82
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The typical buyers are multimillionaires that aren't looking at these cars for their numbers, instead they're choosing which car fits their preference and clicks with them on an emotional level. Granted, there are plenty of badge whores out there that would only buy a Ferrari or a Lambo just to blatantly say "more than you can afford pal." And by all means, let them buy one of those so they can flash it around.

Literally everything on the LFA is bespoke. All of the materials are of the highest grade, both structurally speaking and in terms of interior materials. I would say the engine is also superior compared to the 458's, but I can't back it up with mechanical know-how; I just think it's a more unique powerplant with ideal power numbers, insane throttle response, and it has one of the best exhaust notes I've ever heard.

The R8 is the definition of a parts-bin supercar. That's not a knock against it, because the car is fucking amazing. It simply shares a lot of components with other cars from the VAG pool.

Coupled with its vastly larger exclusivity and the amount of technology and R&D that's gone into its making, I'd say that it pretty much justifies its price tag, relatively speaking.

Whether or not you like the car is one thing, but to knock it for what it is because it's a little slower and doesn't have a prancing animal on the hood is just asinine imo.
Appreciate 0