BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-22-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

VAC floor mounts not lining up

I went to go install my recaro sportsters the other day and the holes of the recaro sliders don't match up with the VAC floor mounts.

I tried everything for 4 hours and got really frustrated.

Note I have the front two in lose and even then I had to force them in.

Anyone else experience this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 06:24 PM   #2
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Yes. Every time. Throw them away and get Brey Krause Mounts. You will thank me later.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 10:51 PM   #3
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Yes. Every time. Throw them away and get Brey Krause Mounts. You will thank me later.
Are they just made incorrectly? I haven't seen bad reviews about them before. I'm kind of stuck with them now.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 11:06 PM   #4
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

If they're anything like the MS Mounts, it takes a little guess and checking to get them to line up. IIRC I had to leave two bolts out of the slider to mount and two bolts out of the mount to car and install the remaining bolts while sliding the seat and using a low profile tool to access the slider to mount bolts. Bit of pain IIR
      03-23-2020, 07:48 AM   #5
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
If they're anything like the MS Mounts, it takes a little guess and checking to get them to line up. IIRC I had to leave two bolts out of the slider to mount and two bolts out of the mount to car and install the remaining bolts while sliding the seat and using a low profile tool to access the slider to mount bolts. Bit of pain IIR
You did this for Recaro sportster seats?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #6
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

Yes
      03-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #7
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

I took some pics for you on the MS mounts. So I believe you have to put the mounts in first and do the rear bolts from mount to floor up and leave the fronts for now.

Then put the seats in and slide the seat on the slider as far forward as it'll go and do the rear seat to mount bolts up. (You can see you can't access the rear mount bolts now that's why the rear mount to car gets done first.

Then slide the seat as far back as it'll go and do the seat to mount front bolts up which you'll have to twist the chair around a bit to get them to line up, probably the hardest part and the reason you leave the front bolts mount to floor until last so you can manipulate the mounts a bit. It has to line up perfectly to begin to thread the bolt.

Note which holes I'm using on the mounts, the seats do not sit perfectly centered but it doesn't bother Me. I believe it's about 15mm off center.
Attached Images

03-23-2020, 10:30 AM   #8
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I took some pics for you on the MS mounts. So I believe you have to put the mounts in first and do the rear bolts from mount to floor up and leave the fronts for now.

Then put the seats in and slide the seat on the slider as far forward as it'll go and do the rear seat to mount bolts up. (You can see you can't access the rear mount bolts now that's why the rear mount to car gets done first.

Then slide the seat as far back as it'll go and do the seat to mount front bolts up which you'll have to twist the chair around a bit to get them to line up, probably the hardest part and the reason you leave the front bolts mount to floor until last so you can manipulate the mounts a bit. It has to line up perfectly to begin to thread the bolt.

Note which holes I'm using on the mounts, the seats do not sit perfectly centered but it doesn't bother Me. I believe it's about 15mm off center.
I tried exactly that and I still can't get the rears in. It's that far off. Since the rear bolts are into the floor the distance between the two is fixed.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 11:06 AM   #9
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

you might have to knock the mount around a little. Since they're only torqued to 25ftlbs and sandwiched between carpet they'll move if you can get the leverage. I was just looking at vac's website it lists recaro seats as being compatible with side mounts but when it comes to sliders it doesn't mention Recaro sliders.. Hopefully they are compatible?
      03-23-2020, 11:35 AM   #10
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
you might have to knock the mount around a little. Since they're only torqued to 25ftlbs and sandwiched between carpet they'll move if you can get the leverage. I was just looking at vac's website it lists recaro seats as being compatible with side mounts but when it comes to sliders it doesn't mention Recaro sliders.. Hopefully they are compatible?
They compatible. I confirmed with them and others have used them before.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 04:07 PM   #11
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep

Ended up getting it fitted. Hopefully the driver side is easier
Appreciate 0