BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #23
M3
///M3
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
No matter how expensive the GTR will be, once the M3 DSG is avaible it will crush that piece of plastic Japanese shit
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #24
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: By the seat of her pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 View Post
No matter how expensive the GTR will be, once the M3 DSG is avaible it will crush that piece of plastic Japanese shit

Wow did you write that one yourself?

Boy
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #25
ItalianStallion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Modified CLK500

Quote:
LOL! Notice how I also have a deposit on the M3? I love the M3, just my hunch seems to be correct about its pathetic torque, heavy weight, and soft characteristics. Call me a ricer or American or whatever, but I put a lot of emphasis on acceleration. 0-60 in 4.8 sucks. 0-60 in 4.5 ain't no bargain for me. I was hoping it would be around 0-60 in like 4.2 or so. 1/4 mile times will probably be like 12.9. I love the looks, handling, and legendary history of the M3. But it seems like in this battle of performance (looks, style, interior, luxury aside) the Skyline/GT-R wins with ease.

So, would you mind expanding on how the M3 DSG will shit on that "piece of plastic?"
Future Car:2008 Nissan GT-R #2 on list at dealership...or...2008 BMW M3#14 on list at dealership.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 03:45 PM   #26
ItalianStallion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Modified CLK500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobizach View Post
All that is all speculation yet as well. There is even a rumor that there is no manual trans offered. We will see this fall with the release in japan. Someone on the GTR forums posted a time of 7:15 on the ring but no one could find confirmation on it. And was dismissed as too damn fast http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272111

A couple of members in our local Z club are getting them too. For myself I just never liked the looks of this or any of the older skylines. Also cant see servicing a 70k car at nissan dealers. Esp here in vegas all dealers/makes are crooks. We bought every car for past 10 years in cali, the m3 likewise is going to be bought out of state.

Im lucky I have a great dealer/service center (If you been in the nissan/Z community you would know) the new west covina nissan is probably the best dealer/service/parts/tuner etc. on the west coast, staffed with all the ex performance nissan crew. I do all service/install mods there. Btw Alot of gtr buyers are going thru them, if I liked the gtr it would have been thru them.

I just wish they sold bmw's as well.
Cool, I never had any experience with Japanese cars but service can't get much worse than what I've seen recently (Mercedes-Benz).

Those times can't be real, 7:15 is impossible. I do know that they tested the GT-R and it was slightly beating the Porsche 997 Turbo. Whether or not they were holding back and could have totally blown the Porsche away or that it was barely able to beat a GT-R is totally debatable.

The old Skyline (I think it was an R33) posted the fastest factory car time on the Ring and made a record. I doubt this new one will just because of all the supercars out there, but if beat a 997TT and run with the Z06 then it will be one hell of a fast car and should have very little competition...Imagine when the aftermarket tuners get done with it
Future Car:2008 Nissan GT-R #2 on list at dealership...or...2008 BMW M3#14 on list at dealership.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #27
M3
///M3
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Which one is better? SMGIII or the upcoming DSG? No doubtly the DSG. So if the M5 can do 60 in 4.2s and some even got 4.1s with SMGIII and 4.8s with manual what do you think the new M3 will do with DSG which will be much quicker than the SMGIII?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #28
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Which one is better? SMGIII or the upcoming DSG? No doubtly the DSG. So if the M5 can do 60 in 4.2s and some even got 4.1s with SMGIII and 4.8s with manual what do you think the new M3 will do with DSG which will be much quicker than the SMGIII?
could you chop this sentence into sub-sentences using something called punctuation? you lost me
Appreciate 0